“Big Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Oakhurst, Ca
“Big Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The lobby of this Holiday Inn Express is very unimpressive which surprised me. However, the front desk personnel were very courteous. The room was large and clean. Bath area was very nice and the complimentary breakfast had hot items such as biscuits, eggs, and bacon along with a variety of breads and breakfast rolls. There is also a very convenient IHOP located directly in the front of the hotel(with a 10% discount given to you at the desk at check-in). There were just two minor issues, (1) the desk was not manned as we tried to check in and had a sign saying the desk personnel would be back shortly which I found unususal at 7 pm in the evening but they returned within5 minutes (2) I do not think they have sufficient sound proofing but was only disturbed once so didn't become an issue. The hotel was close to several restaurants including Applebees, Outbacks, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
N VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

More like a suite - really happy I came here while others ended up at other hotels! If I come back I'll be staying here again! I have spent a lot of time on the road, and for the price, I am pleasantly surprised

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Glendora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Based on the image and negative ratings on this site, I tried to find other pet friendly accommodations on late notice. I'm glad I took a chance on this place. I was pleasantly surprised by both the size and cleanliness of the rooms. Staff were very accommodating and pleasant. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean.. and didnt see one bug (BTW - that is not a bed bug!) I'm going back in a few months and plan to book here again. Only suggestion: a patch of real or even fake grass and poop station would be great for the pets.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your words of encouragment. It was lovely to have you and your pet with us, and we are glad to know you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!
We do have a "patch of grass" for your pet needs on the west side of our building, and did you know we are only blocks from a dog park? When you return we will make sure you know the location of each!
Have a wonderful summer!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly. The pool is a joke so don't expect much as far as that goes. It is a good place to stay to visit the surrounding areas.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We are glad you came to stay with us! We hope you enjoyed some of the local attrations while you stayed!
We strive to make every aspect of our guests' stay enjoyable. I would be very interested in your suggestions that would possibly make our pool more inviting.
Have a safe, happy summer. We hope to see you back very soon!
Sun Prairie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Please beware!!! My family and I checked into this hotel for a few nights. First the pool was ice cold and full of sand and dirt at the bottom. Thus, the kids did not swim while in Arizona. The next thing which is the most disturbing is a long story. I wear contacts and glasses. I left my glasses on the bathroom counter as I put my contacts in for the day. When we returned in the evening my glasses were gone. After searching the entire room I went to the front desk to let them know I thought the maid may have scooped my glasses up while cleaning....on accident. The person at the front desk then told me there was nothing he can do. I asked for the general manager, Norma Jean. I was told I could not call her and she could only call me in my room, not on my cell phone. I was leaving at 5AM the next morning and did not understand this. When Normajean called, she basically said how do you know you did not lose them....REALLY! I am not asking for a laptop computer here! She then made me go to the store and get a estimate to replace them which I did. Now after three weeks she calls me and says the insurance company wanted to know why I did not use the safety deposit boxes that were supposedly offered......So, I am supposed to check my glasses at the front desk before I go to bed...Makes sense! After our conversation, Normajean then has the insurance company call me to say they will not replace my glasses and I should file a claim through my homeowners insurance! I also called corporate and they said it will take another three weeks to investigate! Bottom line, I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again and if you do, you better check everything you have in at the front desk because if it goes missing you are screwed!

Room Tip: Do not stay at The Holiday Inn
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
It is our hope that our guests have a fantastic stay at our beautiful property. Though extremely rare, we wholeheartedly regret when we have an unfortunate situation arise for a valued guest. In this specific situation, a resolution was agreed upon and we thought we had understood from you it was fair compensation. We are sorry, yet stunned by such a review, but sincerely hope that you will be able to once again experience our great hotels. Thank you .
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, as it provides breakfast and snacks.

Room Tip: Corner suite is best for noise and comfort.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We strive to make our guest's comfortable and enjoyable! We hope to see you again in your travels!
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I travel alot for business and found this to be a little above average. While they do except pets - I only saw one the entire time. The rooms were really clean and the daily maid service adequate. They have duvet covers which makes everything seem better than those nasty bedspreads. Four pillows on each bed makes for comfy sleep.
The breakfast was free but nothing really special.
Front desk was pleasant.
You share the outside pool with the hotel right next door but it is a really nice pool with alot of shared outdoor space - could be good for kids if they were with me.
While the exercise room was small all the equipment was functioning.
All and all, I would stay here again as I know what to expect and it meets all of my travel needs.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
We thank you very much for your positive review! All reviews encourage us as team to continue to strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We will use your review to build on that goal!
We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon! Until then happy travels!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!