“Nice place to stay if you are on an extended vacation or business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Kempner
“Nice place to stay if you are on an extended vacation or business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Candlewood Suites is a very nice place to stay if you are either visiting Sierra Vista or working on Fort Huachuca for an extended period. This hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly and willing to help you at any time. Having a large refrigerator, dishwasher, stove top and nice gas BBQ Grill outside by the pool makes the stay a lot nicer if you are person like me who does not like to go out and eat every night. Being able to relax at night, have a beer or two and barbeque makes it pleasant while you are away from home. In addition, if you like to shop (not me) you are right across the street from the Sierra Vista mall and down the road from the other shops in the area. The only negative remark I could make is that they advertise it as a full kitchen but I found out there was no stove available. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have since I was planning on being there for a while. Other than this, I highly recommend this hotel to anybody that is planning on being in the Sierra Vista area for an extended period.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have been thoroughly impressed with the staff, the quality of the facility and roominess I have found during my stay. A full size refrigerator, stove top and microwave allows the traveler to save money and eat healthy. I had the opportunity to meet with the GM of the Candlewood and the sister Holiday Inn Express and both of them are fantastic to work with.

The room is clean, large and quiet. If you are military or a contractor and need a long term stay, this is the place to come to. A short TDY? I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express

The Candlewood has been great for my business trip.

1. Free Coffee Brewed Regular or DeCaf all day
2. Free Laundry room
3. Free Business Center and Fax service
4. Free Exercise Room
5. Nice snack room
6. Walking distance for shopping and restaurants

Housekeeping is once a week, though help is available if needed. I have found the staff to be outstanding. If you are visiting Tucson, Tombstone or the Winery areas of SE Arizona, STAY HERE!

Room Tip: I would only stay here if in town for at least 5 days or more. All the rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I just spent 5 nights at the Sierra Vista Candlewood Suites and could not have been happier. We had a one room King Suite (not a studio, it had a bedroom). I have dietary issues and can't eat out much, so we need to have a kitchen when we travel. The whole suite was clean, comfortable, functional, and quiet. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and always greeted us when we came in or left or ran into them in a hallway. I agree with one of the other reviewers, the quality of the linens and towels were much better than what I would normally expect for this type of accommodation. The bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have stayed twice at the Candlewood suites in 2013, and have had a similar outstanding experience both times. They do a great job pleasing their guests.
On arrival, we are always greeted promptly by the front desk staff. They are smiling, fun, enjoyable and helpful during check in, and always offer to help and answer questions. They make us feel comfortable from the moment we step through the doors.
Somehow, they create a very homey feeling there that most places lack.
The facility design is exceptional, with the "living room" feel lobby, work out area, wide well lighted hallways, on site convenient food store, large kitchen equipped suites with desk work area, large comfortable beds, etc.
The linens chosen are of a much higher grade then most places (bedding, towels, etc)
All in all, it is one of the most quiet and comfortable places I have been.
And the most important fact is that The Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista are absolutely the cleanest lodging I have found. And I have stayed in $ 800/night high end hotels.
Congratulations to them on keeping such a comfortable and clean establishment!!!
I encourage potential patrons to book rooms at the Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our group choose to stay here because of the location near a local restaurant, Delio's, that we were going to attend a wine pairing that evening.

Booked a total of five suites. It was confusing as we were told that each room was a suite.
I specifically requests suites to have a separate living room and bedroom. After speaking with the general manager come to find out there was only a few suites (7) in the entire hotel that acually had a separate bedroom.

Front desk staff gave different information as to room rates and layout of suites.

As the event coordinator, it was frustrating to have to ask for the General Manager to be sure that I was given accurate information.

It was very important to me that our group was on the same floor and as near as possible to each other. I did understand that no guarantee could be made for that request. I had booked early, so hopefully that would be benificial for my requests.

General Manager did indeed place each of the five rooms on the second floor. Although she did send me an email stating "next time" we visit no promises could be made for special requests.

Our suite was very comfortable. No negatives on room. Enjoyed the size and layout of suite. Every one in our group was also pleased, of course, they also wished they had the same type of a suite that had a separate bedroom. The name, Candlewood Suites, gave us the impression each room was indeed a suite that meant a separate living area from the bedroom.

Not the case!

Only suggestion would be to accurately inform potential guests at time of booking EXACTLY THE TYPE OF ROOM/LAYOUT.

ALSO,

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT IF HOTEL WOULD SERVE A BREAKFAST.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is a great place to stay. Service is awesome here. All the ladies at the front desk were wonderful and very helpful. The only complaint I have was that at one point the cable didn't work and I was very limited on channels to watch. I know that it happens but I missed some of the shows I watch because if it. Also HBO and NFL network did not work.

• Stayed January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

This place has a very nice and receptive staff. Rooms are standard and very nice. Mini kitchens are sweet. Pool and spa are standard. DVD players in the rooms, movies at front desk. Mini store has good stuff as well, no booze but good stuff. Near the mall and restaurants with bars within easy waking distance. For the per diem folks tha place hits the spot.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!