“It was just what we needed!” 4 of 5 stars

Sun Canyon Inn
260 North Garden Avenue, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635   |
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
St. Petersburg, Florida
“It was just what we needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My mom and I were in Sierra Vista for 4 days and stayed at the Sun Canyon Inn. The price was great, no charge for a second adult, warm breakfast daily including eggs, sausage or bacon and waffles. The breakfast area doubles as a lounge for a short time in the evening and each adult gets 1 free drink per day while you're staying there!! The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. It's far from the fanciest hotel and the bathrooms are small but for the price and all the amenities, mom and I were quite happy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mark L, Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you and your Mom stay with us. I am so happy to hear that your visit was so enjoyable. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you, and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff was very warm, cheery and friendly. The rooms were large, warm and most of all comfortable! Had dinner in the lounge that evening and the food was quite good! Wonderful complimentary breakfast in the moring was great too! Hot breakfast was yummy! If I am in the area again on business I will be looking to stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mark L, Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad to hear that your visit with us was so enjoyable. The staff here strives to bring the greatest pleasure to all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again,
FingerLakes NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Sierra Vista for our sons graduation from Fort Huachuca. Arizona is one of our favorite places to visit but we had never traveled south of Phoenix and were looking forward to exploring a new area. I read many reviews and decided to take a chance on the Sun Canyon Inn. I am very glad we decided to stay here. It was very easy to find and access to the base was super simple from there. The staff was exceptionally helpfull and friendly at all hours of the day and night. The room was clean and well stocked with towels.My only complaint concerned the restaurant/bar. It was freezing cold and the menu selection was non existant. I had read in a review what good food they had and was not at all prepared for what was actually available ( also - not what was printed on the menu in the room). Had I known we would have gone out for dinner. We did not even attempt the breakfast so I can not comment on that. Great room, comfortable bed, loved having a recliner. Exceptional value - would and probably will stay there again. Easy access to many dining and shopping options within a short distance. Fort Huachuca main gate just minutes away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mark L, Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sun Canyon Inn for your visit to Fort Huachuca, and congratulations again on your son's graduation. Please accept my apologies for the menu in it's current form. We are currently revamping it to reflect some new entrees that we are creating specifically for our restaurant. I'm sorry that you did not sample the breakfast we offer, because there are no other hotels here in Sierra Vista that can compare with our breakfast offering. Thank you again for choosing Sun Canyon Inn and we hope you will choose us again if your travels ring you to Sierra Vista.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We had such a great time. I am usually skeptical of new hotel. I was able to find Sun Canyon Inn at an awesome deal and I walked in with my eyes wide open. I was so pleased with my experience. Friendly staff, comfortable room, quiet place and great value. It was perfect for our get away.

• Stayed December 2012
Mark L, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sun Canyon Inn and giving us to opportunity to serve your lodging needs. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and the staff looks forward to your future visits.
EUPORA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We couldn't have asked for any better place to stay. Our daughter was graduating from Ft. Huachuca and we were not familiar with the area at all. We found Sun Canyon Inn online and it looked really great. It exceeded out expectations in every way. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Every staff member we came in contact with from the front desk to the restaurant/lounge or passing in general was extremely nice and helpful. They went out of their to insure that all our needs were met. They were very friendly and welcoming. They just wanted us to feel welcomed and comfortable and they succeeded!! It's located right around the corner to the main gate of Ft. Huachuca which was also a very great convenience. Highly Recommend!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mark L, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure being of service to you. Congratulations again on your daughter's graduation and thank you again for visiting the Sun Canyon Inn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here in December 2012. Friendly and helpful staff. Including the owner who was a great guy. We have been travelling for 8 months and without doubt this is the best value hotel we have stayed in and the best hotel in the USA.

Being off season we were offered a full cooked breakfast and the rate was awesome ($32/night)

The room was clean and tidy with ample furniture, comfortable furniture and flat screen TV.

The internet was fantastic (I was able to upload about 15,000 photos in two days without to much effort).

This was a great stay and I can't fault any aspect of our stay.

I see there are negative reviews here, honestly I don't know what they are on about. Perhaps being 20 miles from the border, they are affected by drugs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark L, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you again for choosing the Sun Canyon Inn for your lodging needs. We are glad to have made your stay so comfortable. It was a pleasure having you as guests and we enjoyed the stories of your travels immensely.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Staff was friendly and courteous! Restaurant was fast and friendly. Front desk staff knowledgeable fast and very helpful. I travel often and felt very comfortable and welcomed at Sun canyon inn. I would give them an A+ and recommend them to anyone traveling in the Arizona area! :-) Thank you Sun canyon inn for an amazing stay :-)

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Sun Canyon Inn? Share your experiences!