“The worst dining experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
“The worst dining experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I should've known that something was up when we first arrived. Parking was horrible. I now know the perfect spot in town for mugging or carjacking someone. The hostess' smile was the only thing that was delightful, everything else that followed can only be described as the worst dinning experience ever. We were seated for about ten minutes before asked if we'd like something to drink. The drink menu failed to mention any of the beer they had and the waitress seemed to know of only two. Neither of which are any good. So I stuck with the water. Which was refilled only once after sitting empty for about 15 minutes. The chips and salsa or should I say watered down tomato sauce, weren't very good either. The menu was extremely limited and lacked any real Mexican delicacies. While waiting for our food we attempted to discuss the atmosphere and agreed that it had to be intended for people who were so intoxicated that they'd have to yell in order to have a conversation, just as we had to. The mariachi that were there was a nice touch but it would've been even better if they knew how to play and sing. Now the food. My chicken was extremely dry and with no water to wash it down I had to muscle my way through half of my dinner before calling it quits. The tortillas became dry and hard within a minute of taking them out of the foil and what else can be said for can beans. My son's brick style carne asada gave him a run for his money when he tried to cut it. After a few minutes of chiseling his way through it and stuffing it into his chip like tortilla he was pretty thirsty and asked me if he could have a drink of my water. Unfortunately, my glass was as empty as his. My poor wife suffered the brunt of our worst dining experience ever. Her shredded beef mini-chimi's eventually made her vomit within five minutes of leaving the restaurant. She told me that she didn't think it was beef but maybe a stray dog that had been swimming in beef and chicken broth for a few hours. With the food out we expected our waitress to return and ask us how our food was. Never happen. Eventually our food got cold and everyone in our party wanted to leave. It was decided that we should get a $5 pizza on the way home this way we'd have something of greater value to pay for and to eat. Unfortunately my wife's belly was so upset for the rest of the night that she went to bed with an empty stomach. I glad she drew sad faces all over the receipt. Needless to say, we'll never eat there ever again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

the food was good, the service was slow. the restrauant was very nice and the kids had a great time.

Visited July 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Generic, mass produced Mexican food. Its a popular place on Frey Blvd but that doesn't mean that its great. Not to say that its terrible, but if you're looking for more traditional flavor there are other restaurants in the area.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Good food but slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The food was good and enjoyable. The drink was small and expensive and the service was very slow. I still would return with the hope that it was just an off night for the staff.

Visited June 2012
Fayetteville, NC
“Great food and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Can't complain. The food is great, the prices are reasonable, and the offer specials to people staying in the Sierra Suites hotel.

Visited June 2012