“Pretty lousy visit.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Arizona
“Pretty lousy visit.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am not sure why we keep returning to this location, especially on any sort of special date. We arrived a little before 4, no hostess. After a few minutes a waitress appeared, seated us and handed us lunch menus. We were there for an early dinner, I suppose. A few minutes later she returned with the regular menus. We were rushed into ordering and she seemed to be rushed. There were a few other tables in the area. The napkins were paper only, and few, forgotten several times.

The place was clean. a lot of staff was there, standing and chatting in the dining area, getting ready for dinner rush, I assumed. As the visit progressed, it became more cold in there. The AC seemed to be full blast, and they had no control over it. What?

Our food came out all together. We had waited about 10 minutes for salad and breadsticks after we had finished out appetizer, and then moments later our entrees arrived. The breadsticks were not warm, hard and nasty. Without mention the waitress said she was bringing out new breadsticks since the ones brought earlier were old. The second ones tasted off, stale even, but were hot. The salad was overridden with onions and was a little soggy. The pasta was warmed over a few times, but my eggplant and my husbands chicken was really good. We ordered desert to go. It wasn't as pretty, but it was really good. The waitress was decent but obviously trying to turn the table very quickly.

Not the usual for Olive garden. Maybe 4 is too early on a weekday. Maybe they had to get breadsticks from walmart, had a horrible lunch, were short staffed earlier, in the kitchen.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sierra Vista, AZ
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

You always know what you are getting. Crisp salad, delicious bread sticks, and a wide variety of entrees to choose from. The service has always been good, and the prices are fair.

Visited August 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“A little greasy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I really like Olive Garden, the bread sticks are always good with the Alfredo sauce and the salad never disappoints. I'm also a big fan of the calamari. However, my entrees are always really greasy. They are good, but I can see the grease swimming in the plate. The last time I ate there was not as bad. I had the chicken scampi which I've had before and it was really good and I noticed a lot less grease on my plate. The food never tastes bad, but I just wish the chefs would pay attention to how much oil and grease they are putting in the food. I know they are supposedly trained by real Italian chefs, but in Italy the food is never greasy like that.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Good service for a group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Service was very good and food was tasty. Pretty much the same as others in the chain, but we were a group of 8 for dinner and everyone's food came out hot at the same time. Our server was very attentive and anticipated our needs.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Not the worst of the chain but they could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been to this location several times, and for the chain, it is nothing special, although the service is decent most of the time. The food tastes fresh and not rewarmed as some other locations have done. The servers seem to know the menu and even the drink menu. They are friendly to our child and even bring out his food early. It is a clean location, though sometimes very crowded and there is a wait. Our very first time coming to this location in January, we were told we would be seated when a table came available and then were overlooked by another hostess who sat three other groups who just came in before us. The first hostess saw us and seated us before the fourth group, but there was no apology and the server was rude as well. We waited months before coming back, and the two times since have been good. The only difference is coming in early afternoon instead of evening. They cannot handle a rush.

Visited April 2013