“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Shelbyville, Texas, United States
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed one night while visiting a friend. We have decided that when we return, we will stay longer. Check in and Check out was very smooth. Room clean, lots of towels. There was a full kitchenette, love seat and recliner in the room. Bed was comfortable and a really quiet hotel, no problems sleeping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review Sharon W! I am pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience at our hotel and I do appreciate the recommendation. My team will also be happy to hear that the property's amenities and their service was noticed and recognized by you. We're glad that you have chosen us as your destination when you return to Sierra Vista!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Benson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels/motels in Sierra Vista for business. Gateway Studio Suites is the best. I preferred it over Sierra Suites, Comfort Inn, & Days Inn, etc., because it didn't feel cheap and the breakfast was better with greater variety. The customer service was terrific as well. They were professional and always helpful, plus they never kept me waiting. The rooms were comfortable and didn't feel cheap either. The bed was comfortable, I had a love seat to relax in as well as a recliner. The fridge worked great, the kitchenette was fully stocked with everything one would need except food. It was the cleanest room I've stayed at in Sierra Vista, Benson and Willcox. They provide two water bottles and a snack in the room to welcome you. Starting at 4:30, they offer everyone a snack beverage including a draft beer! Awesome! I needed to use the Business center computer and it worked great. The competitor's computers had issues and were very slow. Not here.
I will definately come back and only stay at Gateway Studio Suites.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review BigOhvac! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Gateway Studio Suites and found it to be the best and a great place to stay! We are pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities as well as the layout of the room. We appreciate you noticing how clean our rooms are. I will be sure to pass that along to my housekeeping department. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Outstanding customer service!!! Thanks to Krystana and Nancy who made our stay welcoming and comfortable. Breakfast is free and there is a variety of breakfast items to choose from. You also receive one complimentary drink (alcohol, soda, or water) every night of your stay from 4:30 pm to 9 pm. Rooms were clean and maids were very polite. Pool and gym were open 24 hours. Family friendly and extremely relaxing. Thanks again to the staff of Gateway Studios Suites. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place and we'll be returning soon.

V/r
Chris
San Diego

Room Tip: Location is in front of the base/post. It is located on one of the main blvd.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review Chris C! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Gateway Studio Suites and found us to be OUTSTANDING AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Thank you so much for making a special mention of Krystyna & Nancy. They are truly two of our greatest assets! We also appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the housekeeping staff. I will DEFINITELY pass along your comments to my team and also ensure that they receive recognition for the special mention that you gave them. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Boone, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great room with comfortable bed, kitchenette and seating area. Sumptuous breakfast until 10:30 AM. A complimentary glass of wine or beer each evening and a helpful kitchen and front desk staff made for a truly enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Nancy was particularly engaging and helpful.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Gateway Studio Suites and all of the amenities we have to offer. I am extremely grateful that Nancy and the rest of the staff were able to help make your stay an enjoyable one. I will DEFINITELY pass along your comments to my team and also ensure that Nancy receives recognition for the special mention that you gave her. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Bristol England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have visited Arizona many times but this was our first (but not last) stay at this hotel. The suites, the staff, the facilities, the breakfast( plus free popcorn and drink evenings) were of a very high standard. Everything that could be done to make our stay a memorable one was apparent. There were no complaints of anything at all we could find. The care taken by all staff to help us was unbelievable and we must mention tNancy on reception who was special. Great hotel, great people. Love it so much we have already made a reservation.

Room Tip: All rooms are first class
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Gateway Studio Suites and found us to be of a VERY HIGH STANDARD. Thank you so much for making a special mention of Nancy. She is truly one of our greatest assets! I am extremely grateful that my staff was able to help make your stay a memorable one. I will DEFINITELY pass along your comments to my team and also ensure that they receive recognition for the special mention that you gave them. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean, has spacious rooms, hot breakfast, most of all very qualified, kind and helpful staff. Thank you Nancy, Margot, Simon, Krystyna! This place is indeed the best choice for extended stays.

• Stayed January 2014
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Gateway Studio Suites and all of the amenities we have to offer. Nancy, Margot, Simon, & Krystyna are some of our greatest assets at Gateway. I am extremely grateful that they were able to help make your stay an enjoyable one. I will DEFINITELY pass along your comments to my team and also ensure that they receive recognition for the special mention that you gave them. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've had the pleasure of staying at this hotel a handful of times, and I have never been disappointed in my experiences. Considering the amenities and quality of rooms, one would think that a hotel of this calibre would be far more expensive. The rates are extremely reasonable, in fact some of the lowest in the area I believe.

Onsite is a standard gym, and outside contains a pool, hot tub and grilling area. Unfortunately you have to use coin operated machines for laundry. Free hispeed internet and cable is standard in all the rooms and the rooms are equipped with a tiny kitchenette so you can even cook for yourself!

The hotel offers complimentary breakfast every morning, and I don't mean just hard boiled eggs, yogurt and juice. Nope, they got eggs, sausages, pancakes, yogurt, cereal and plenty of coffee to wash it down. In the evenings they also provide a complimentary happy hour drink.

The staff: The staff I've encountered are always cheery and helpful. During my last visit I joked with one lovely woman about how her name is the same name as my wifes! (Hi Nancy! Thanks for the great stay!)

It is conveniently located right next to the Main Gate of Fort Huachuca and is within walking distance of several bars, restaurants and shops. All in all, it's the best place to stay in the area in my opinion. It's right off of Fry and Buffalo Soldier trail, so getting places couldn't be more convenient!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Jason M, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Gateway Studio Suites and all of the amenities we have to offer. Nancy is one of our newer employees and definitely one of our greatest assets at Gateway. I am extremely grateful that she was able to help make your stay an enjoyable one. I will DEFINITELY pass along your comments to my team and also ensure that Nancy receives recognition for the special mention that you gave her. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Gateway Studio Suites? Share your experiences!