“Very good place at an excellent price” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sierra Vista Extended Stay to your Saves list
Sierra Vista Extended Stay
Sierra Vista Extended Stay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1850 E Wilcox Drive, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay Sierra Vista)   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Folsom, CA
“Very good place at an excellent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed there twice in January and will be back. To put this in context I typically stay in high end places but my daughter found it looking for the best deal. I was very pleased by the staff, how well it was maintained, and the location. Rooms are older but good sized very clean. Housekeeping is once a week. Amenities (shampoo, towels, etc.) are basic but staff will provide more if you ask. The best part is the STAFF… they are very welcoming and go far out of the way to make sure you stay is enjoyable. Unless you are resolved to stay at a higher end place this is where I would go.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor... this was built when sound proofing standards were lower than todays.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am an officer in the Army. While waiting for my home on base to be finnished, I have been staying at SURBURBAN EXTENED STAY in Sierra Vista AZ. This is not a high end hotel. There is no 4 star hotel chain within 80 miles of Sierra Vista. Your other choices in this area are Motel 6 and other hotel chains of that level. Surburban Stay is by far the best deal in the area. First--it's clean and quite. It's 6 minutes to the front gate of Fort Huachuca. The staff looks for ways to be helpfull. The place is " pet friendly"--but--it has no smell of pets-nor is there any trace of pet hair in your room. Everything here is basic---but good and clean. For example---you could eat off the floor of the laundry room!
Also---Wal-mart, k-mart, Mc Donalds, Arby's, is within site from your window ( which opens by the way) The small but only Mall within 90 miles is about a ten minute drive from here.
In Sierra Vista? Stay here-- it's the best choice in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for three nights at this facility. Staff was friendly and helpful. We paid about $46 per night. Clean room with Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, and Dishes for two. We didn't realize that it had no breakfast but for the price it was OK. Plus they had coffee downstairs with nice donuts. Also if you called they would give more coffee for in room coffee pot.

Also there is local newspaper for free. The quiet rooms are at end of building (elevator at middle) and on the south (back side). It was new years eve but very nice at our location sound wise.

Only slight negative was need to ask for new towels since they only change everything including bed every seven days. The staff willingly gave us new towels, and did NOT complain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here w/my business partner to do a training. The staff manager went out of her way to accommodate us. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The rates were so reasonable and it included a full kitchenette. Comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor elevators included.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I agree with everyone who say the Staff was great. The really made me and my two other traveling companions welcome. The treated us like family. The rooms were nice and at a great price. I will stay at the hotel when I come back to Sierra Vista.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I can't recall a more accommodating group of staff at a hotel chain. Stephanie, Judy and Michele were some of the friendliest. Due to a mix up in the on line reservation, I was put in a smoking room--not good. Although the hotel was going to be fully booked, they moved me to a non smoking room; all the while chatting with me about the area and local events. The room was a bit dated but the pillows were the most comfy I've had in a long time

Room Tip: ask for rooms on second or third floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were in Sierra Vista as vendors for a large annual art show, Art In The Park, on a serious budget. HOW LUCKY WE WERE TO STAY AT THE SUBURBAN HOTEL!
We were greeted warmly by the manager Mark, who almost seemed to be waitng our arrival. I needed a sign printed for my booth and way and above what most people would do, redesigned and printed a sign for me.

The room was clean, with a mini kitchen, the bathroom a good size for two and plenty of clean towels. It was a great place to stay and filled our needs. Sure we would all like to be pampered and showered with services, but I would rather have the kindness of the staff at the Suburban anyday.

The staff offered suggestions for restaurants, knew where to send us for what we needed, and inquired how we did at the show as if we had known them for years.

We will stay there next year when we do the show again, happily.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sierra Vista Extended Stay? Share your experiences!