“Personal Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Sierra Vista
Ormond Beach, Fl, United States
“Personal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

There was a feeling of welcome, from a welcoming letter to a gift basket. We had personall attention from the breakfast server who made and served our waffles to special attention from the housekeeping maid who came to tell us when our room had been done. We thoroughly enjoyed our four day stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi Nancy L! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience while you stayed with us in Sierra Vista. It was good to hear that our breakfast and housekeeping staff made a favorable impression and that you felt welcome during your time with us. I will share your kind words with our staff at our daily meeting. Please let me know if you have any ideas for us and I do hope that we have the opportunity to see you again!

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family recently spent 4 nights at this hotel and couldn't be happier with our experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Evelyn, who greeted us with a smile and warm welcome each morning and made sure everyone had just what they wanted for breakfast. We enjoyed freshly baked chocolate chip cookies every afternoon - one day we didn't get back to the hotel until 8 p.m. and they baked another batch just for us! Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our rooms each day and even put our dirty clothes in bags for us. The only negative was the substantial price difference between the "weekday" and "weekend" rate. All things considered, this is a super hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hi Betty N! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us in Sierra Vista! My team and I take all guest feedback very seriously and I will be discussing your review with them at our daily meeting. I am happy that our service impressed you and that Evelyn was able to get each morning off to a great start. I also know that our housekeeping staff will be very glad to hear that you appreciated the cleanliness of your guest room. I do apologize for the difference in our rate structure on weekdays vs. weekends, which is a reflection of that fact that the weekdays (M-Th) are our busiest do to the corporate status of many of our guests. I hope that it did not detract too much from your experience. Thank you again and I do hope that we see you soon in Sierra Vista!
Danville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is convenient to a lot of areas near and in Sierra Vista. There is a lot of military there, so it's a great place for family members to stay. Also, Tombstone and Bisbee are close by, and lots of fun to visit. The accommodations are clean, very comfortable, and everyday at 4PM they serve fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies. The staff is friendly, and the breakfast is a decent self-serve buffet with a lot of options.

I would say the only downside is that they don't have one of those convenience nooks where you can buy snacks or things that you forgot, like toothpaste, etc., however they do have vending machines with snacks and drinks, and there was a refrigerator in my room, in case I wanted to bring in some food. Otherwise…I recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Sue B! I really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience while you stayed with us in Sierra Vista! My team and I place great value on guest comments and insight and I know my team will be interested to read your review. I am happy to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel, the service of our team and of course the cookies made a positive impression on you. I hope that you had the opportunity to explore some of those nearby places you mentioned as there is much to do in Bisbee, Tombstone and even Benson which are all with 30 minutes of our property. I will place your idea about the snack shop on our list of guest ideas for future improvements. Thank you again and I do hope we have the opportunity to see you again in Sierra Vista!
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were on a 2 day trip to see Bisbee, Tombstone and the Southern Arizona wine country. We made reservations at this hotel. Great accomodations and walking distance to a super German restaurant. Super breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms were very nice - we stayed toward the back of the hotel - easy access out the back doo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi davisgtd! It is great to hear your feedback about your stay with us in Sierra Vista! I hope that you enjoyed your tour of the area, including the wine county which is one of the little known attractions of this part of Arizona. I am happy to hear that you felt pampered and I will pass along your kind words to my team at our daily meeting. And we all agree...that German Cafe is an excellent restaurant! Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us and I do hope that we have the opportunity to see you again!
Peoria, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was included and more than adequate. I enjoyed the excellent coffee and assortment of teas which was always available as well as the fresh fruit. The smell of fresh cookies in the afternoon was too delicious to resist.
Our only "disappointment" was lack of pay per view movies. We were ready to cosy up with some wine and enjoy a good flick. Found something on my computer via Netflix.
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, there are no good views. But the lobby is comfortable and welcoming. The pool is indo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi Mary C! I really appreciate that you took the time to write and share your experience with us while you were in Sierra Vista! It was good to hear that our team impressed you and that the breakfast exceeded expectations. We have those fresh baked cookies nightly and I do agree that the aroma is difficult to resist! I do apologize for the lack of pay-per-view movies and hope that it did not affect your ability to relax too much. I am not sure when you stayed with us, however we did just upgrade to HD television, which does have many more movie choices than our previous service, and perhaps you can take advantage of that in the future. Also, if you do stay with us again we would be happy to place you in one of your rooms with a view of the mountains that surround the property. I will share your comments with my team and I do hope that we have the opportunity to see you again!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff immediately welcomed me and my kids with a genuine smile. Baked cookies for my kids. The breakfast was tasty and a good variety. The staff were attentive and friendly and felt they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and my kids were satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi Ari G! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us here is Sierra Vista! My team and I truly enjoy making each of our guests feel welcome and at home and it is great to know that we made such a positive impression on your family! This area of the Southwest is great for family travel and I hope that you enjoyed the visit to the caverns. I will pass along your kind words to my team and please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us! Travel safely and I hope we see you again in Sierra Vista!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel from March 3 through March 7. March 3rd was one price and the other 3 nights the price was raised my almost $50.00. I was told that was the AAA rate. I happened to have a co-worker staying at the same hotel and paying the AAA rate. Her rate was $109.00. Mine was $141.00. I spoke to the night hostess who called the manager and then called me in my room and told me the manager would check into this the next day and I would get an email from the manager. I have been home a week and still have not heard one word. We have a new contract in Ft. Huachuca and several company employees will be traveling to that site. I certainly will advise them to look for another hotel. There are really nice ones in the area. It's really too bad because the service was basically good. Jacqueline Couillard

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hi Jacqueline C! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us - my team and I really appreciate the feedback! I do apologize if there was any confusion in regard to your rate as I do know how frustrating that can be. We did do another review of your reservation as soon as we received this review and verified that the rates you were charged were correct. I will discuss with my team better ways to communicate these rate changes to guests so that we can alleviate this issue for the future. I hope that we have the opportunity to regain your confidence the next time you are in Sierra Vista. Thanks again and travel safely!

Been to Hampton Inn Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!