“The Right place to stay in Seligman!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seligman
Canyon Lodge
114 East Chino Avenue, Historic Rt. 66, Seligman, AZ 86337   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Seligman
“The Right place to stay in Seligman!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

From the check in through the unique rooms, the german coffee and Reinhards friendlyness and knowledge about Seligman, this was a great stay!

Location is perfect between all the sights in Seligman, and from the veranda at first floor you can follow the cosy and slow activity in the litle town.

Highly recommendable! (o:

• Stayed July 2013

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Instead of staying in Flagstaff before our trip to Havasupai Falls we opted for a closer location to start from. This being Seligman. We stayed at the Canyon Lodge and got the John Wayne room.
The room and grounds were very clean and affordable. Something you don't usually find in a town almost forgotten. There were four other rooms rented in our group and everyone thought the same. The owner is a very friendly guy and you can tell he takes pride in his hotel. After driving through town and seeing the other hotels, we knew we got the cleanest and best hotel. The town is a cool historic Route 66 town with no shortness of t-shirt and memorabilia shops. We had a awesome burger and shake at the Sno Cap. Owned by a sister and brother who have a great time waiting on their guest. Also a cold beer and a game of pool the night before our hike at the Black Cat two doors down. Say hi to Holly the bartender for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I organized a group of 23 people from San Diego for a hike to visit the Havasupai Indian Reservation in the Grand Canyon and picked the Canyon Lodge as our overnight stay before heading out on our hike. What a great find! I had reserved 10 rooms for our group months in advance, some with two queens and some with a king bed. When we arrived, I was pleased to find our hosts friendly and helpful and everything went exactly as planned with the correct number and type of rooms. All the rooms were clean and ready for us when we arrived, there was plenty roomy for all our gear, and each has a kitchenette (fridge & microwave) plus a flat screen TV with satellite. The rooms were all sanitary and well maintained with no funny smells and everything worked perfectly (in all 10 rooms). Each room also has a different theme, which made our stay all the more enjoyable. The motel is centrally located and there is a store right next door where you can buy snacks and beverages. Just down the street is Lilo's Westside Cafe (great food) and your room key from the Canyon Lodge will even get you a 10% discount on your tab. The motel faces east (rather than south towards the freeway and RR tracks) and the walls are made of cinder block, which keeps the rooms nice and quiet. The rooms also have air conditioning units, which is very nice if you are there when it is hot. On top of that, their rates are extremely reasonable! I would highly recommend the Canyon Lodge to anyone staying in the area. The town of Seligman is also a kick with stores, bars, and restaurants that take you back to the heyday of Route 66 and will make it worth a stop, even if you are just passing thru. I will definitely be staying at the Canyon Lodge the next time I am traveling along the I-40. This place is great!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but, if you have a lot of luggage, you might want to avoid the 2nd floor room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our 3rd year we stayed at the Canyon Lodge for the Rt 66 Fun Run. As always it was a great stay. Our hosts Reinhard and Mike as always made our stay very enjoyable. The rooms are always very clean and the mattress is so comfortable. The upstairs patio is great for watching the parade, watching the cars come into town or just relaxing. Any time we are in Seligman it is our Motel of choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Plus: great price, very well maintained room, very clean, friendly owner
Minus: I booked the Marilyn room which was supposed to be a surprise for my mom. Well, I got John Wayne instead, since Marilyn was occupied by long term guests. Given the fact that I made reservations almost one year ahead, I can't express how disappointed I was. John Wayne (2 beds) only as far as size goes was kind of small. Continental breakfast was okay, but nothing I would mention.
However, I booked another room for friends of mine and they got the room I reserved for them. Overall a very pleasant stay and I would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A gem of a hotel. I am a Brit travelling from Mesa Verde to Los Angeles. Canyon Lodge was a great find. We were in the John Wayne room. Everything one could possibly need for an overnight stay, and so cheap.
Their recommended restaurant was disappointing.

Room Tip: John Wayne room is half way along ground floor. Suited us just fine
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bridlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed in Seligman for two nights while working on a Black-footed Ferret project in the nearby valley. The rooms were very clean and well maintained (especially when compared to other motels I've stayed at).

In addition the owner was very friendly and happy to give advice on where to eat etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Canyon Lodge? Share your experiences!