“The Perfect Spot to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Cedars Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   20 W. Highway 89a, Sedona, AZ 86339   |
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Ottawa, Canada
“The Perfect Spot to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

You are right at the junction of 89 and 179 and close to everything. The rooms are cozy
and very comfortable. You wake up to the most beautiful view and cross the street
to the Wildflower Bread Company for an incredible breakfast, then the Cowboy Club
for dinner. Have stayed in Sedona at the Cedars twice and wouldn't book anywhere
else. You can't seen the stream below but you can hear it and its very soothing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our holiday week ended perfectly with a few days in Sedona with its incredible vistas and fabulous hikes. The Cedars Resort was very well situated between the upper town and lower stretch, very walkable (for those who don't mind a few blocks) and easy access to all routes around the area. This was a perfect rest stop after a crazy time in Vegas...

Room Tip: all rooms seem to have an excellent view of the river and canyon beyond
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I booked this reservation through Hotels.com and do yourself a favor and book directly to the motel/hotel ...you'll have more accountability.
Now, on to the Cedar Resort. ...the name implies much more than it is....it's more a motel and this motel does not have a clerk on duty after 10:30pm.
During our stay I woke up "itching" I literally scratched myself raw. My husband complained that he heard something in his pillow and threw it on the floor.
If that wasn't bad enough the people below us were having a party. I called the front desk at 12:30am and no one answered. We paid $168.
The next morning I reported our trouble to the front desk clerk and I asked to speak to the manager and the clerk gave me a business card. This card had the name of the motel and a P.O. Box #.
I called Hotels.com and they referred me back to the "Cedars." I called the "Cedars" and spoke to Rosa, who was adamant, she would not give me the name of the manager. Rosa is unforgettable , she is rude, argumentative, defiant and runs an excellent line of defense to ensure that if you have a complaint that it goes nowhere except in the black hole along with all the other disgruntled customers.
Frustrated, I contacted Sedona Chamber of Commerce and filed a complaint; however, it was referred the nameless management people who closed the complaint.
In my email the "Cedars" and Sedona Chamber of Commerce I included all the reviews from the internet of people who had similar problems. It fell on deaf ears.
Kegn from Sedona Chamber of Commerce said that I could file another complaint ...that's it.
So, if you decide stay at the "Cedars" here's what we learned.....if you have trouble during the night...you call the phone number that's posted on the front door.... now, if someone is having a party you call the Sedona Police.
Lastly, if you have a complaint....don't bother contacting them...it's a waste of time....write a review .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My daughters and I had planned a weekend get away to Sedona. We chose Cedars Resort becuase of the view it offered from our room. We were very pleased with our choice. The view from our room was excatly what their website offered. We were not able to see the stream due to all the beautiful trees beneath our room but we certainly could hear it... which was more than I could have hoped for. The only thing or complaint I could think of is that the walls/floors are not very sound proof. We could hear the drawers or doors opening and closing from the top floor. But overall we loved we were very pleased with our room.

The staff were very helpful and patient when we had to change our plan 2 weeks in a row.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a view that faced the red rock mountains. To wake up to this view was breath ta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Clean yes.freezing pool though they advertise it is heated. Pool chairs are cheap and filthy. Front desk older man not welcoming at all. No info about restaurants etc in room. Bare minimum. Yes location view with balcony was nice. This is not a resort and they shouldn't advertise that they are. They are a motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am very picky where I stay. I found a lot to like staying here. First registering all questions were gladly provided. Information on restaurants, area, activities were all answered. The room was spotless and the view from the room facing the the red rock formations was awesome with a nice balcony. You can't beat the location either being a walk to uptown Sedona.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the Red Rocks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Williamstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was a tad trepidatious about this location after reading the mixed reviews so was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of my stay. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was large and fresh and I do love the stained glass window in there. I am not sure what anyone would have to complain about as I tend to be a bit fussy and there was nothing but great folks and fantastic views and very quiet sleeps. For a place to rest your head at night in a very central location I was impressed at the reasonable price and very glad of the canyon view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cedars Resort? Share your experiences!