“Can't Wait to Return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Atlanta, GA
“Can't Wait to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and 15 yr old son spent 3 nights at the Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa. Our trip to AZ included a visit to Flagstaff, Sedona and Phoenix. Of all the places we visited and the hotels we stayed in this was by far our favorite. When I return to Sedona I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The view from our room were spectacular, the ammenities on the property were also as impressive, and our breakfasts on the patio were delightful. We enjoyed the 3 pools, the fitness room, and the service was wonderful. Our room was spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. The location was great as we were 10 minutes from uptown Sedona and close to many of the hiking trails.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Sedona_ArizonaCindy, Director of Sales at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Dear GAFam3,

Thank you for your kind comments about our resort. I think that Sedona is a perfect home base to explore the area, there is so much to see. The Grand Canyon is an easy day trip and there are numerous National Monuments and historic sites in the area. I hope you visited Jerome, the copper mining ghost town turned quirky tourist town. I am so glad you enjoyed your suite and the resort amenities. Thank you for your business and I hope you do return soon. Sincerely, Cindy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We recently stayed at this location for five days for our first family trip to Grand Canyon and the surrounding area. The staff was friendly and accommodating especially when we asked for another room upon check so we could have a better view of Red Rock Country - God's handiwork is AWESOME!

We had a two queen bed suite. Our 19 yr old son slept on the pullout sofa in the living area and he said the bed was fine. The A/C vents are both in the living area so the bedroom tends to get warm when closing the door separating the living area from the bedroom for privacy purposes. The bathroom was very clean. All in all I would say the space is more of a "large hotel room" than a "resort suite" but that is for individual interpretation.

I let the family sleep in one morning and visited the lap pool at the spa to get some exercise. Upon arriving I was told there was a $5 fee for using the fitness facility. I was unaware of that. It put me off a little - $5????? Is this charge really necessary - sounds a little cheap to do that to "resort" guests. The Hilton Corp. surely must be doing better than that .

The hotel staff tended to recommend restaurants on the main road in front of the resort which led me to believe they may be owned by Hilton.

My daughter enjoyed a pedicure for $40. She said it was well worth it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear trixie096,

Thank you for staying with us for five nights, if you are visiting I think that is the perfect amount of time to spend in the area. I read your comment about no air conditioning vent in the bedroom and I couldn't believe it so I got a room key and checked it out for myself. There is an air conditioning vent in each bedroom in every suite. Maybe you didn't notice it, it was above one of the doors into the bedroom. The $5 fee for the fitness club gives one access to the tennis courts, 25-meter lap pool, fitness classes, volleyball court and the spa's super changing rooms with gender specific steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzis. The fee is optional and much less than the mandatory fees the other resorts in town ask. All in all it is a good deal and it is optional. I am glad your daughter enjoyed her pedicure. Next time maybe she couldhave a facial which I am sure she would enjoy. I hope you did try one of the restaurants in front of the resort. Cucina Rustica and Fork in the Road are independent of the resort and two of the best restaurants in town. They rank very high in TripAdvisor. Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope you will come again. Regards, Cindy
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

We were extremely disappointed with our stay. The hotel was undergoing renovations - not mentioned on their website. There were bags of dirty linen in the hall when we checked in at 4 p.m. Our room was noisy, the elevator near it did not work, the front desk staff directed us to park far away from our room and did not offer staff to assist with our baggage. There were no functioning ice machines and a noisy family next door woke us early in the morning. We had planned to stay a second night later in the week but cancelled. I recommend you stay elsewhere in Sedona.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear jkmtres,

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I do hope you shared your dissatisfaction to our staff during your stay as we always attempt to make things right with our guests and I hope you gave us that opportunity. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments for their review. I apologize for your noisy neighbors. However, you are mistaken when you say the resort is under renovation as we completed our renovation just a little over two years ago and I believe our accommodations are lovely. Regards, Cindy
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We've stayed here a couple of times and are never disappointed. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable. Room service is excellent. The location is a huge plus. We'll be staying here for our wedding night.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Sedona_ArizonaCindy, Director of Sales at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Dear CDPorche,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa. That is great that you have stayed with us more than once! Sedona is a truly romantic destination, in fact it is one of TripAdvisor's Top Ten Romantic destinations in the world. I hope you return many times, maybe on your wedding anniversaries. Best Regards, Cindy
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I stayed four nights with my family. I stayed as a Hilton Honors guest with my points. The hotel was very good to work with and treated us very well. The in house dining was typical Hilton. Pricey but good quality. Location is about 15 minutes from Sedona proper in Oak Creek Village. I actually like the drive because it is some of the more breathtaking views around Sedona. I would recommend for business or family.

The swimming areas are very nice!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear bman2000,

Thank you for staying at our Sedona resort and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. I also, think that our location is ideal. The drive you mention into Sedona is one of the most beautiful roads in the United States. It is called the Red Rock Scenic Byway and it has received the National designation of an All American Road. There are only twenty eight All American Roads in the entire country and we at the Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa feel very fortunate to be located along one. Please come and visit again soon. Sincerely, Cindy
phoenix, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

My husband and I had planned on doing a day trip to Sedona for a hike and at the last minute decided to make a weekend out of it and book a hotel. We were SO glad we did! Our hike went longer than expected and ending up being 7 miles and a full day. It was so nice to have the Sedona Hilton to come back to. Our room was the perfect size, clean and cozy - as we've come to expect from Hilton. We ate at the restaurant that evening and our food was delicious, service was great as well. The next day we each got massages at the spa - still one of best massages I've ever had! Overall this is the perfect, quiet retreat. This Hilton is several miles south of the tourist part of Sedona, and is in the village of Oak Creek. If you are looking to be in the middle of the action and able to walk to attractions this is not the location for you. If you're looking for something quiet and only a short drive to the sights, this is the perfect option.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear mangorunning,

Aren't last minute getaways the best! I am also an avid hiking. I bought a Sedona hiking book when I moved here twelve years ago and with over 200 miles of hiking trails I still haven't hiked all of them. Thank you for trying some of our resort's amenities. Our spa's massage therapists are excellent. There are two wonderful restaurants a short walk from the resort. I recommend Cucina Rustica and Fork in the Road. Thanks your for staying with us and come again soon. Sincerely, Cindy
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton the second week in May. We requested a room with 2 queen beds and a high floor. We checked in at 3:00 on a Sunday and the parking lot was only 1/4 full. We were given a room overlooking a neighborhood with beautiful red rock hills in the back ground. I said I had requested a high floor, but they claimed those rooms were already booked. I said that I have had bad experiences with noise from overhead, they said, no one has ever complained about overhead noise…our second night there it sounded like a herd of buffalo overhead? I paid way too much money to look at a neighborhood and for $30 more a night I could upgrade to a 2 room suite with a view of the parking lot. Wow, big decision! The room was very small for a deluxe room. There was about one foot of space on each side of the bed and 2 feet between the beds. The refrigerator was locked, so had to keep going down the hall for ice. The bath had the minimum amenities, soap, lotion and conditioner. Nothing else, not even a shaving/vanity mirror. The best part of our stay is that we were close to a stairwell that took us down to the parking lot. I would probably not stay here again. Very overpriced for what you get! I don't know where everyone was who booked the top floors; when we left the parking lot was only 1/2 full and this is at 9AM.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sedona_ArizonaCindy, Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Dear richard19400,

I am very sorry that you did not like your room. I do agree that the standard rooms with two queens are a little small. Over 75% of our rooms are one bedrooms suites with the two queen standard rooms making up a very small percentage of our inventory. Maybe that is why they guest service agent couldn't change your room. The suite for the extra $20 or $30 is well worth it, I wished you had taken a look at it. Again, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Been to Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!