“Pleasant option for Sedona, Arizona” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   90 Ridge Trail Drive, Sedona, AZ 86351   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Silver Spring, United States
“Pleasant option for Sedona, Arizona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel, just outside the city limits of Sedona, is a very pleasant, more reasonably priced alternative to in-town lodging. Charlie, the bartender, does an excellent job and the menu is quite good. While this hotel is not a W or Ritz Carlton, it is very pleasant, comfortable, friendly, and close to the attractions of Sedona.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sedona_ArizonaCindy, Director of Sales at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Joseph S,

Thank you for staying with us. We all appreciate it that you took time to tell us about your experience. It is especially nice that you mentioned Charlie. Best Regards, Cindy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here 1 night but wish we could have had more time. Great scenic location in (Oak Creek Village) about 4 miles south of Sedona. The suites are expansive and our balcony view looked out onto the magificent red rock outcropings. Lovely modern facilities including the lobby and restaurant. The spa and exercise facilities were in the rear of the complex (we did not use). The pool area was nicely landscaped and fun for kids but smallish (nothing deeper than 5')

Only downsides were the odd placement of a spa/whirlpool tub inside the bedroom (??) and the very loud water pipe noises from our downstairs neighbour when they showered (or used the bedroom tub) in the morning. Amazing views outside the bedroom window but beware that EARLY Arizona sunrises will guarantee light sleepers a wake up burst of sunshine. The staff was reluctant to grant a late check-out despite the fact that a delayed flight info PHX meant that we arrived for check-in around Midnight.

There was a mistake with my folio upon checkout - they quoted a higher nightly charge - but when I called to complain it was promptly corrected to the original (lower) rate

Room Tip: The Eastern View gives you clear sight lines of some of the gorgeous red cliffs/mesas but also bring...
Dear KJDC19,

Thank you for staying with us. Sedona is indeed magical. We hear quit often that our guests wish they could stay longer. We are undergoing a sleeping room renovation the end of the year and there is a very good chance the Jacuzzi tub in the Jacuzzi suites will be reconfigured with the tub placed in the bathroom, it is a little Las Vegas right now. I am sorry you did not get a late check out. I hope you will stay with us again. Sincerely, Cindy
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our family stayed here for 5 nights and had a great time! While this hotel is technically not in Sedona, but 4 miles south, it is still in a great location. The suites are very spacious and clean. The customer service is excellent. The pool area is very nice and having a bar available is nice too! Would most definitely stay here in the future if we return to Sedona.

Dear pozgroup,

Thanks so much for the great recommendation! I am glad you chose our resort and I hope you return soon! Kind Regards, Cindy
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was the worst Hilton hotel I have ever stayed at! Top of the list is Customer Service!!! The staff, as well as management have no idea what customer service is about, nor do they care. We have always tried to stay at Hilton hotels being a member, but this is the first time we have ever come across a non-caring, rude, penny-pinching hotel service in the Hilton chain.
First, there were no bell hops nor carts to help with our luggage. When we arrived in our room, I immediately found problems; door to deck jammed, complimentary water bottle was open and partially empty, & the suite was smaller than expected. I was concerned that if the housekeeping was slack in their work, what else did they not do with cleanliness. Dinner was slow but our party was relieved to be at the hotel after our long drive & detour because the fire in the area. There was no one at the front desk to voice my concern about the bottle water so I put it off until the following morning. When I finally did say something to the front desk person, she just told me that she knows nothing about any water nor does she have any & that I should see the Concierge; naturally she does not come on duty for an hour. So we headed for breakfast. We found our party waiting for their order, fruit dish & a muffin/bread basket. Their hot tea was already drunk & still nothing on the order. My husband ordered a bagel while I ordered the muffin/bread basket with coffee. The beverages arrived but nothing else for almost 45 minutes! Getting the attention of any service personnel was another problem. Finally, we got up to ask the restaurant desk woman about our order, she only told us she will ask. After another ten minutes, our waitress arrived telling us the muffins will be coming out of the oven momentarily. What? Breakfast starts at 6 a.m. We arrived for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. They cook to order? When we asked why our other order of fruit & bagel was not served, she stated the orders will be served all together. Then I asked why she did not tell us that they would be baking our order & that it would be a wait. We would have changed our order so that we could start our sightseeing events for the day. We were all so upset that we left the restaurant to find breakfast elsewhere. While checking out of the hotel I again mentioned the water situation & our concerns of the housekeeping as well as the restaurant service to the Concierge. She was the only one to apologize & show concern. The restaurant manager gave us a standard answer of talking to her staff & that we could come in for a free breakfast. She showed no concern or care, she was just doing the duty of a manager hearing a complaint...how boring! The credit we were to get for breakfast for being a Hilton member could not nor will not be applied to our dinner. I have been in customer service for almost 20 years so I do know how to deal with situations like this. But if this the kind of service we should expect from a Hilton Resort, then I will think twice about staying at one. I have never stayed at a hotel that the Concierge has no authority to deal with abnormal situations. Here, she had to ask her manager for every little thing. I think management does not know what a Concierge duty entails. Also, while waiting for the concierge to get back to me on my complaint, I spoke to a lady staying at the "Resort" who also was dismayed with the uncaring staff. She was staying with her companion, her dog. She was sitting in the lobby & asked if she could get some water for her dog. They told her they do not have any to give. This "Resort" is advertised as pet friendly; they even charge you $50 non-refundable fee for having a pet with you & they cannot even afford to give water? So where is the "Friendly"?

Room Tip: Hilton members, stay away!
Hi Nonenomore,

Yikes, I am so sorry. Your experience sounds terrible. I sent you a direct message. I hope you will respond so I may find a resolution to this. Regards, Cindy
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Not worth the price and not very family friendly. We had four adults and one 5 year old. Pool was very nice and front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Very surprised no gift shop with simple amenties such as bottled water or snacks!! We had to go searching for a vending machine just to get water. The lady at the pool said she was out of bottled water and suggested the vending machine on one of the floors back in the hotel or go to the local IGA!! Really? Unbelievable for the price and for a Hilton. We then ate at the main restaurant and staff was very unfriendly and food horrible. Very disappointing. On the contrary we stayed at the Hilton Squaw Pointe, Phoenix.... which was AWESOME!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Masakatsu I,

I apologize for your experience. I am passing your comments on to our food and beverage department. We should have taken much better care of you and I am sorry. Sincerely, Cindy
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had a great stay here:

Pros:
Beautiful lobby and common areas - modern and stylish
Friendly staff
Definitely recommend the spa - had a top notch massage there!
We had delicious breakfast in the restaurant
Quiet, clean rooms - suites have a spacious living room area
They give the option of a resort fee for amenities - which I like the option

Cons:
Front desk a bit slow
No free water in the rooms or lobby? It's so hot! This seems like a must.
Beds hard as a rock
Pool small and noisy - not really a resort sized pool. Also have a small lap pool.
It is a bit of a drive in and out of Sedona for dinner - like 15 minutes or so which got a bit tedious

Recommend the pink jeep tour as well!

• Stayed June 2014
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a fantastic stay! Friendly courteous staff, informartive concierge, clean rooms, very confortable and those views.... wow! Only regret, we were not there long enough to play golf.
Breakfast on outside patio at restaurant was such a great way to start the day. The location just south of Sedona was ideal. The bellman drove us just down the hill to Custina Rustica for dinner, and would have come back for us...but we decided it was a short pleasant walk back.
A great, relaxing,resort atmosphere, you cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: Better views from 3rd floor, east facing rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!