“Had a good time here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
St. Paul, MN
“Had a good time here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were able to stay here because we had a lot of Hilton reward points. We had a King suite with red rock views. The room was big and very clean. The property seems a bit older but had all the amenities. We loved having access to the spa and their big outdoor pool. The restaurant on-site was quite good! We just had sandwiches one night and all of our breakfasts there but I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes hotel food is just plain boring. One note - the balconies are very small. Two people can sit out, but it's tight. One other secret - if you are a coffee lover - go to the spa for their coffee. It is a different brand and SO much better than the stuff in the room or even at the restaurant. If you are a hiker, the forest service HQ is close by and you can get all the info you need on hiking options. Overall we had a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
tampa, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great location, surrounded by red rocks with golf course onsite. Room was large with separate living room, containing a dining area, fireplace and small balcony. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Friendly staff, restaurant was very good, especially the huevos rancheros. Perfect for nearby hiking trails and red rock formations. Easy day trip to Jerome and Verde Canyon railroad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa is a very nice place that is comfortable, spacious and quiet. We stayed in a One Bedroom Suite with a Red Rock view. The suite is very spacious, well equipped with a nice wet bar area, med size refrigerator, dining table, separate living room area, bathroom vanity outside the tub/shower area, which is nice when two or more are trying to get ready. The only slight disappointment was the so called "balcony." It is more like a "nook." Very small, and while the high walls provide privacy, they also limit your view. I felt a bit like I was in a very tight closet space instead of the outdoors.

The hotel is not right in uptown Sedona, about a 15 minute drive from town, but the drive is gorgeous, with viewpoints of Bell and Cathedral Rock to stop and take pictures. Sedona is a lovely place for a nice, relaxing get away...but I don't recommend going when the weather forecast calls for SNOW...that is what we got. It really limits what you can do unless you don't mind hiking in bright red mud and snow, of course!

We had to cozy up in our hotel room and order a movie, but even that didn't go well. The movie froze shortly into. After calling to see what the problem was, they said the dish had snow on it and they would get it cleaned off and it should work again. Unfortunately, two calls and an hour later, still no movie, so we asked for a refund which was quickly given. Apparently, it was a bit more than snow on the dish!

The restaurant in the hotel is good, although a bit pricey in my opinion, $17.50 for buffet breakfast, that was basic, eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit and cereal. I ordered from the menu which I think is a better value.

Great art in Sedona, but be prepared to spend, it doesn't come cheap!

Great Italian Restaurant on the main Highway, within walking distance of the Hilton, call Cucina Rustica. Food was very good, ambiance, great service and wine! Well worth a visit.

I will go back to Sedona, and would stay at the Hilton again, I just don't think I would pay extra for the so called Red Rock View.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I visited Sedona with my adult daughter for a short break..Sedona itself is amazing,you are surrounded by incredible views of nature..the hotel location is perfect for a getaway from city life..if u like golfing the course is a few steps from the hotel,the spa is great, the hotel staff was friendly & accommodating..I called the front desk for more coffee & cream,it was brought to our room right away .we took the Discover Sedona tour (I forgot the name of the co.,the brochure was given by the front desk) Al the tour guide was very knowledgeable with a good sense of humor..he drove a van with the sign Angel Tours..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Service was bad starting with the front desk staff getting snippy when we wanted to check in an hour early (even though we had been there three hours) to get ready for a black tie dinner that they were hosting. We were given directions to the spa that brought us through roped off areas for construction. When we arrived at the spa (upset that we weren't notified of the closed areas) they were surprised the hotel hadn't offerred us their free shuttle. The spa was great thought so it took the edge off. Even the housekeeping staff didn't acknowledge guests with a nod or smile. They have a long way to go to provide guests with good customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
210edgar, General Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments
Hermosa Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Talk about combining luxury with spectacular outdoor adventure! Go ahead! Get grimy and achy from some of the most spectacular hiking/biking/horseback riding in the west. Then, come home to a spacious but cozy retreat, complete with your own fireplace, luxurious bedding, and cuddly bathrobe. If you decide to venture outside of your cocoon, there are choices of soothing jacuzzi tubs, or swimming pools if you like your water temp a little cooler! If you need help deciding what to do in Sedona, there is always a friendly concierge with ample materials. Beautiful lobby and public areas if you wish to wander. We had a very spacious suite, with a spectacular view, and, of course, really enjoyed the yummy drinks at those very happy hours!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to stay somewhere with excellent service this is not the place you will be extremely disappointed!!! My husband & I booked a room over the weekend for my birthday after reading reviews & because we are Hilton Rewards members. The rate was expensive, & not sure why the rate was $60 more for Sunday night? There were less guest on Sunday. The resort is easy to find & the outside was nice, but there was no bellman to help with bags or greet you, so we just decided to park & see if an early check in was available. The front desk agent was unfriendly, I told her my name & she asked if there was a special occasion for our stay & I told her it was my birthday on Sunday. The front desk agent responded with "oh" no happy birthday or anything. Then Hilton hotels always welcomes us back for being Hilton rewards member, so I asked her if she had the number on file & she said she didn't, but it was when I booked the reservation & on the rewards website? She then asked if I wanted a room over the pool or golf course which does not face the red rocks, so I told her golf course. If I would've known the upgraded view was not of the Sedona's red rocks I would've booked the cheaper room, I asked to change it & she ignored me. I'm not one to complain, so I just let it go. Then she said she would call us when our room was ready. We then went to speak to the concierge while the other party we were traveling with checked in their room. The front desk agent gave them our room keys & said it was for us. Not very professional cuz she could've walked over to us to give us keys & show us on a map where our room was, the concierge is at the same desk just further down. Then we checked in our room to see construction workers overlooking a closed pool, front desk agent failed to tell us the pool was closed & I requested the golf course not a pool. When I called the front desk they were in a hurry & I told them the situation they did not apologize, but were able to get us in a golf course view room. The golf course view room was a better view, but not private cuz it overlooked the restaurant. At this point I'm so upset & about cry, so I thought it has to get better from here, but it only got worse. The restaurant at the hotel was understaffed & very slow we waited forever to order our food, but the waitress was very nice & apologized. Food was very good too! Then we tried to get to the spa to make some appointments for Sunday, but the normal entrance was blocked off from the pool construction which the front desk failed to mention again. The spa was ok not as nice as other Hilton's, but had lots of amenities pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, fitness center & yoga. The next day we checked in for our appointments at the spa expensive at $450 for 2. Then afterwards I wanted to relax all day at the spa I paid enough, but after I showered the housekeeper from the spa rushed in & yelled at me because I asked where the dirty robes go? She yelled & ripped it out of my hands & tried to take my locker key & I told her I wasn't done. Keys are supposed to be turned in at the front desk at the spa not her. She snuck up & took them off the counter anyway & I said I need to check my locker first cuz I'm not done. I told the front desk spa agent what had happened he said "sorry I will talk to her". Then checking out of the resort my husband mentioned how horrible our stay was and only received a "I'm sorry." Working in hospitality & having a hotel management degree I know how important customer service is & I have never had this bad of service ever. What makes it the worst is because we felt ignored and that no one cared. I never want to book at another Hilton ever again! I expected better because we had such great service at the others-Hilton Waikoloa, Flamingo, Squaw Peak, Kauai, and Key Largo.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!