“Overall the resort was a nice place.” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   90 Ridge Trail Drive, Sedona, AZ 86351   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Irwin, Pennsylvania
“Overall the resort was a nice place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I spent two nights here in February. The resort was quiet and not very busy, service was prompt. The only issue is the mattress in the room I had is as old as the resort itself. The area surrounding the resort is naturally beautiful. You must drive or take a taxi to get to the heart of Sedona where most of the restaurants and shopping is located. Given this was my first time to stay in Sedona; I look at other places for my next visit. There are many other accommodations to stay in the heart of Sedona which will be much gently on your wallet. One more thing, if you want a great pizza and a variety of beer, try Famous Pizza in the Village of Oak Creek (VOC). It is located very close to the resort.

Room Tip: test the bed out first.. Second floor appears to be the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great location, very clean and comfortable. Not happy with the resort fees however. The bar/restaurant has good variety and nice ambiance. There is a lovely patio with fireplace on cool evenings with great views of red rock outcroppings.

Room Tip: The suites are worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
210edgar, General Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to learn of your great experience. Regarding the resort fee, we welcome all honest feedback in order to improve our service. Come back and see us soon!
Wakarusa, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We celebrated our 20th anniversary staying here and it was a wonderful choice. The staff made us feel very welcome and treated us very special. We loved the room, the resturant, the whirlpoo, the fire pit and the pool. Hope to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in order to attend a conference. The hotel is of manageable size, so I was able to bop between the conference area and my room with ease.

The parking is kind of tight, but check-in was effortless. The rooms are located on one of two wings off the lobby. I was on the ground floor and it was pretty noisy. If you need the first floor, try to get as far from the lobby or common areas as you can.

Wi-if is free in the lobby, but they charge for it in the room. This makes me crazy. Even with the conference rate, I paid a pretty penny to stay here (wanted to rent an apartment, but Sedona won't allow rentals less than 30 days, at least so says VRBO.com). Anymore, hotels will gouge us however they can, and this was no exception.

The room was decent. It was a suite, so it was a good size. There was an odd odor in my room, but I lit a candle and that neutralized it a bit.

The bedroom is on the opposite side of the hall, so the noise was somewhat less. But it is adjacent to the parking lot, so there was noise from that. There is a small sliding glass door, with a little patio area with table and two chairs. You're basically looking at the parking lot, but having it makes the room feel less sterile.

The room also has a microwave, refrigerator, sink, and coffee maker. If you'll be eating in, bring your own plates or utensils. My room had a round table which could easily accommodate three people.

Anyhow, the place is mostly ok. I've stayed in better places in Sedona, but I've certainly stayed in worse.I didn't use the pool, spa, restaurant, or golf course, so I can't comment on any of that.

Do note that this hotel sits on the Far East side of the canyon. Thus, it will be a 20+ minute drive to town, as most restaurants and shops are in Sedona proper. If you're driving, take the Sedona exit from 17, instead of Oak Creek Canyon unless you have lots of time on your hands.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lobby or common areas; try to get one upstairs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I checked into the location for a one night stay as I was traveling on a road trip. My room was a 1 bedroom suite. The fireplace was a nice, cozy touch and the dining room area was comfortable. The bathrooms could have used updating, mold along the rim of the tub. The walls looked a little worn, and I was privy to conversation in the next room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
210edgar, General Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

this is a very nice hotel, a very friendly helpful staff. I was here in January so the weather was cool and a big foggy but the hotel was warm and inviting. It was spotless, comfortable beds and a nice big shower area. The fireplace in the room also added to its charm.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Overall a good experience, just not very impressed with the value for the money. The rooms were on the small side with a balcony towards the parking lot rather than the red rocks...The buffet in the morning was great, the pool facilities a little tired, just expected more from Hilton...

• Stayed October 2012
210edgar, General Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. 5

Been to Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!