“More of a high-end hotel than resort, but adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sedona Adventurer Package
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“More of a high-end hotel than resort, but adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in order to attend a conference. The hotel is of manageable size, so I was able to bop between the conference area and my room with ease.

The parking is kind of tight, but check-in was effortless. The rooms are located on one of two wings off the lobby. I was on the ground floor and it was pretty noisy. If you need the first floor, try to get as far from the lobby or common areas as you can.

Wi-if is free in the lobby, but they charge for it in the room. This makes me crazy. Even with the conference rate, I paid a pretty penny to stay here (wanted to rent an apartment, but Sedona won't allow rentals less than 30 days, at least so says VRBO.com). Anymore, hotels will gouge us however they can, and this was no exception.

The room was decent. It was a suite, so it was a good size. There was an odd odor in my room, but I lit a candle and that neutralized it a bit.

The bedroom is on the opposite side of the hall, so the noise was somewhat less. But it is adjacent to the parking lot, so there was noise from that. There is a small sliding glass door, with a little patio area with table and two chairs. You're basically looking at the parking lot, but having it makes the room feel less sterile.

The room also has a microwave, refrigerator, sink, and coffee maker. If you'll be eating in, bring your own plates or utensils. My room had a round table which could easily accommodate three people.

Anyhow, the place is mostly ok. I've stayed in better places in Sedona, but I've certainly stayed in worse.I didn't use the pool, spa, restaurant, or golf course, so I can't comment on any of that.

Do note that this hotel sits on the Far East side of the canyon. Thus, it will be a 20+ minute drive to town, as most restaurants and shops are in Sedona proper. If you're driving, take the Sedona exit from 17, instead of Oak Creek Canyon unless you have lots of time on your hands.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lobby or common areas; try to get one upstairs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I checked into the location for a one night stay as I was traveling on a road trip. My room was a 1 bedroom suite. The fireplace was a nice, cozy touch and the dining room area was comfortable. The bathrooms could have used updating, mold along the rim of the tub. The walls looked a little worn, and I was privy to conversation in the next room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
210edgar, General Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

this is a very nice hotel, a very friendly helpful staff. I was here in January so the weather was cool and a big foggy but the hotel was warm and inviting. It was spotless, comfortable beds and a nice big shower area. The fireplace in the room also added to its charm.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall a good experience, just not very impressed with the value for the money. The rooms were on the small side with a balcony towards the parking lot rather than the red rocks...The buffet in the morning was great, the pool facilities a little tired, just expected more from Hilton...

• Stayed October 2012
210edgar, General Manager at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. 5
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used my Hilton Honors points to stay here. The room was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. Hilton upgraded my room, so that was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel was also close to Sedona. I would stay here for a longer time if I ever get back to Sedona.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very nice hotel in Sedona with walking distance to restaurants and bars.

We got a 20 $ room upgrade that was well worth the money with a living room with a flat tv and fireplace as well as fridge and bolcony overlooking the Sedona red rocks.

The two king beds where very comfy and the bathroom large with a shower and a tub.

Poolarea is large with a jacuzzi and plenty of room for sunbathing and sipping cocktails.
This is a hotel i highly recommend in the area and and at the 100 $ we paid for one night a clear bargain. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had been delayed in our flight to Phoenix and were planning to drive to Flagstaff for the night. We realized we wouldn't make it and called Hilton for a hotel near Sedona. We were directed to the Hilton Sedona Resort and Spa. Driving in it was completely dark and so had no idea what the landscape looked like. The rooom was very nice with a fireplace and a balcony. It wasn't until the morning that we realized we had a view of some gorgeous, red bluffs. Quite a pleasant surprise to wake up to.

Room Tip: The rooms facing East are facing the red rocks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock? Share your experiences!