“Always a Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Oreland, Pennsylvania
“Always a Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have stayed at Hampton Inns for years and this one didn't disappoint. It has a great free breakfast-including oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. They have gotten their act together to include healthy choices. It's located almost at the foot of Thunder Mountain. Ask for a trails map at the desk - I thought it was really handy. They are located west of uptown - in the middle of the residential area - and near to most of the better rated Trip Advisor Hotels

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton five years ago and our return trip was as enjoyable as the first stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and quiet. We stay at a number of Hamptons, and this was one of the most quiet! The breakfast room is sunny (almost too much sun), and the offerings were typical of a Hampton. The price was reasonable (for Sedona) and close to just about everything in town. The pool looked good, but I didn't use it. We were disappointed to find they don't have a guest laundry facility, which would have been very appreciated after three weeks on the road!

Room Tip: Exit the parking lot from the rear onto the side street. This will provide traffic signal assistanc...
Bozeman, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I understand that most folks seem to enjoy this property, being a Diamond member (Hilton) I stay at Hilton properties over 60 times a year and this Hampton was one of the poorest I've visited.

After driving all day and having a reservation for a King room, the front desk clerk paced around and finally told me he had given my room to someone else but I could stay in a Handicapped room.
I checked out that room, dark and worn. He offered me a $12.00 discount if I would take the room.....you're kidding?!
I left the hotel and five minutes later he called me to say.....somehow he had found a room for me?
Being tired, I stayed the night. Really, the hotel and room are on par with a Super 8.....not good.

Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived early and there were no rooms ready; however, we went to breakfast then returned to find a room ready. The views were good, the beds were nice, and the fruit and yogurt at breakfast were really good. Our one day stay was good overall and I would recommend this small hotel to other travelers. The hotel staff (Julia) were all very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just stayed one night - and that was enough. Luckily I used my Hilton Honors points, but still quite disappointed with cleanliness and room overall. At least the sheets were clean, I unfortunately can't say the same for the toilet (wasn't cleaned since last guests) and the carpet hadn't been vacuumed either. It all felt unclean. The room on the lower floor was located near a main door and every few minutes could hear the heavy door slam shut...If only the AC could stay on the entire time and drown out the banging. Hamptons breakfast vary - this one is on the lower end of the scale. If I had to pay the going rate for a stay at this hotel for the quality I experienced I would be asking for a refund. You can find much better accommodations for the same price of 10$ more/night with extras...

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 2nd floor if possible away from main doors - or go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Clean rooms, breakfast included in a nice sunny area. Pool looked nice, didn't have time to make use of it. Great base for seeing all of the Sedona area. The staff was helpful and friendly. A reasonable price for the area and shopping and restaurants were all close by.

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hampton Inn Sedona for one night (July 25) while on vacation. We arrived late and the reservation had been made in advance using my hotel points. At check in the desk attendant said she did not have a copy of my points stay or reservation, but said she would check me in and the next day we could resolve the issue; which I appreciated, since it had been long day of driving. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The employee was helpful in answering our questions about finding a restaurant that served dinner after 9pm (the area looked quiet and deserted as we drove to the hotel so we were unsure if anything was open). That evening I rebooked my staying online using points and the next day the desk attendant took care of the reservation to be sure we were not charged and all was taken care of. Hotel wifi was reliable, free breakfast was ok. This hotel really does not have a business center (just a computer and printer in the lobby) so if traveling for business or without a laptop; be aware. I would defintely stay at this Hampton Inn if Sedona area again. P.S. the Sedona area is gorgeous... so if you've never been... plan to go!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Sedona? Share your experiences!