“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona

You added Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona to your Saves list
Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6465 Highway 179, Sedona, AZ 86351 (Formerly Kokopelli Inn)   |
Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Oswego, New York
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This Days Inn was perfect for us! It is located about 6 miles south of Sedona. Continental breakfast is quick and easy - bagels, coffee, juice,cereal, muffins and make your own waffles. If you love to hike/bike you are less than a mile from some of the best trails in Sedona!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing Bell Mountain!
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June as we were making our way up through Arizona and into Utah. The accommodations are decent and I agree with other comments. Nice enough rooms - nothing fancy though. The continental breakfast area is small and lacks options. I suppose you get what you pay for too. This place is close to the Sedona restaurants and all the places for hiking nearby. The pool was good enough for the 4 and 6 year olds but I recall the temparate being a little too cold for me (but I'm a wimp). This is a good clean option for those sticking to a budget. The room did have a fridge which was nice and the wifi worked as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Definitely not luxurious, but this motel will serve the budget-conscious needs of a family or group of friends traveling to Sedona (it's actually in the Village of Oak Creek, which still has plenty of restaurants and shops), where you want to be outside anyway. The rooms are old-fashioned motel style and could use some updating (including refitting the doors into their frames). The AC is powerful, which matters here. I did find it a little odd that I had to go to the lobby to get an iron, and they sort of have HBO, in that you can get the channel but not the sound (I think this was a problem with an HD channel on a non-HD TV and I wasn't interested enough in TV to ask if it could be fixed). Although it's a chain, I heard this hotel is locally owned, for those who want to support local business owners. The breakfast was okay and staff were pretty friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel met our needs as far as location and cleanliness; however there were a few minor concerns. First, the beds were VERY uncomfortable. I woke up with an aching back. I'm not sure if that was because the bed was lumpy or because there was not enough room for everyone to sleep. This room was originally booked for my family of five, but only four ended up on the trip. Even still, there were only two beds. One King and one twin sleeper. I am unclear how this could sleep four? So, our six year old who loves to kick got to bunk with us. Super fun the next day when we woke up for our drive to the Grand Canyon. Woo-hoo. Anyway, I don't appreciate the inaccurate room description and I'm not sure if I'll visit this or any other Days Inn, again.

We visited the facility pool and that was nice. Breakfast was OK but I really wish there had been protein options. It was pure carbohydrates except the lone hard boiled eggs which are not any travel companions friend. Bacon? Sausage? Ham? Nothing. That was disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traves S, Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear: Nichole K

Thank you for your feedback, I apologize your visit with us did not meet your needs, it is our hope to always please our guest and wish you had given us the opportunity to look into your concerns and address them while you were here.

Mattress:I can assure you they are less than a year old and are Simmons pillow-top mattresses. We have not received any complaints on any of our mattresses, but if you would be willing to call me directly and give me your room number I will personally check the condition of said mattress.

Room Occupancy: I can assure you this room type does accommodate four. We have roll away beds available for our guest and had we know your sleeping situation we could have provided one for you.

Breakfast Menu: Please know that while this is currently a continental (Day Break) breakfast (hot foods are not on the menu), Wyndham is working on a hot food item to be available in the near future.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you would consider trying us again on your next visit to Sedona.

Please don't hesitate to call me directly so I may look into the condition of our mattress, and compensate you accordingly.

Sonia Gonzales
Guest Service Manager
Broken Arrow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

There were mold spots on the bathroom ceiling, the floor around the toilet was filthy and the bathtub was very dirty. There wasn't a chair to sit in. The only place to relax was on the bed. They have old school giant TV's the pool is tiny and dirty and the people at the front desk were rude and not helpful. Our wi-fi in our room didnt work so we went to the office to use the computer and it was broken too. The clerk didn't seem to care and coulnd't be bothered with us. We called ahead to ask about our room due to the recent fires in the area and the clerk wasn't aware of any fires. SERIOUSLY?

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traves S, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear PeggyinBA:

Thank you for the review and bringing these matters to our attention. I do apologize that your experience was a bad one and wish you had brought this to our attention so we could have immediately assist your needs and addressed these with our staff. Please be assured our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

With that said, I have to ask what room you stayed in? I ask because I can assure you 20 rooms host a work desk and reclining chair, 8 rooms host the desk, chair, and lounger, 2 rooms host a sofa sleeper, 1 room host a sofa sleeper, and lounger, and 11 rooms host a table with two chairs. Also, I personally went into every room and saw no mold stain on any of ceilings.? While I do appreciate your feedback I need more info so I can assist these matters more for you and also address the dirty bathroom with our housekeeping supervisor.

I do apologize for our bubble televisions, we are aware of how outdated they are and wished you had spoke with us so we could have told you we will be getting Samsung 32" Flat Screens next year in all of our rooms. Also, I want to apologize for the Front Desk Agents behavior, I am not fully aware of the situation to address this with whoever you spoke with or resolve it to meet your needs, however I do apologize again. I am shocked and saddened to hear of such behavior as it is not common of my staff (see prior reviews), but I do hope you would call me directly with more detail so I may address all of your concerns.

It really is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Lastly, I did want to apologize for our internet. I can assure you the business center in our lobby was not broken, just a lost signal. We are in monsoon season (daily storms and showers) which does at time cause us to have to reset our routers often, also is the case of just being in Sedona, surrounded by mountain coverage. While wireless signals are available it can be sketchy given the area for residents as well as businesses. And, I apologize for the Front Desk Agent not being aware of fires. Please understand if our agent is working when this occurs, then being unable to utilize a TV or internet while on duty she will be unaware of current events until informed by a guest.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-284-1100.

Sonia Gonzales
Guest Service Manager
Stockton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were very happy with our stay, the entire staff were very friendly and helpful. Absolutely beautiful location and close to everything.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona? Share your experiences!