“Don't pass this motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona

You added Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona to your Saves list
Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6465 Highway 179, Sedona, AZ 86351 (Formerly Kokopelli Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Rowhedge, Essex
“Don't pass this motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there with my wife 6-7th February. The rooms were big, clean and very comfortable. The continental breakfast was just lovely in a separate breakfast room which was a pleasant surprise. It's location outside of Sedona was not an issue as it was right behind Cathedral Rock with exceptional views. The staff were all friendly and very helpful especially the lady in the breakfast room. Overall a very nice place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
Traves S, General Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear RowhedgeRosie,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to leave a nice review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback has been passed on to all staff and we are all very pleased that you gave us the opportunity to make your guest experience with us the best it could be, and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for the wonderful review.

Days Inn Kokopelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Goodyear, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked 2 rooms on Priceline, named my price, and felt I got a very good deal, which included breakfast. Upon check-in I was asked if I was ok with one room that had the "not yet remodeled furniture" and one that had been updated. The beds/bedding/carpet had been updated but not the furniture. OK by me as long as the beds were good and the place clean, which they were. The outdated furniture was southwest style which included 2 headboards, 2 chairs, armour w/tv, and table. The remodeled room had a chest of drawers w/tv on it and a desk with a desk chair. Each room had a refrigerator. The bathrooms could use some updating but they were clean and the shower worked well.

The breakfast was very good, especially since it was free! This was the cleanest breakfast room I've ever seen at a hotel that includes breakfast. We had many choices, waffles (2 irons), a variety of small donuts, bagels, english muffins, assorted breads, fruit, juice, cereal, milk, coffee with flavored creamers, hard boiled eggs and I'm sure I've missed something. The gal, Nancy, that takes care of keeping it stocked and clean was very friendly and did a great job. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jazzerbud91,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our page, and leaving your feedback and wonderful comments about our breakfast hostess. It please us to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize one of our remodeled rooms. We hope to see you again!

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The stay was fine but one of the beds had crumbs of some sort in it when we pulled the sheets back and the carpet appeared unvacuumed since there was stuff on it. Also, we love the fact that a complimentary breakfast is provided but the mini doughnuts are really odd tasting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Christopher F,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Your feedback will assists us in improving our service and property. In addition, please know that these issues have been addressed.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-284-1100.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a Days Inn. If you think "remodeled" means modern, it doesn't. It is a budget motel with budget bedding and decor. Our experience was exactly what we were looking for; a quick, inexpensive get away to hike without having to camp in the cold. Two school aged kids, two adults, two beds, easy access to the trails. We did ask for and we got the north view, second floor, which was great. The room was "clean enough" and we all slept great. I like the mini fridge, to pack our hiking lunches and snacks and drinks for the evening. The breakfast is easy and adequate for a group of people about to go hiking. I agree with other reviewers that the lady who runs the breakfast room does a great job and clearly takes a lot of pride in maintaining her space; clean and organized. She does kind of "hover" though...I freely admit that this may be my own personal issue, I am not a morning person and I sort of don't want to be monitered at the waffle maker or chit chat about my coffee. Check in/check out was easy and I feel I got exactly what I paid for and expected. I would stay here again as as sort of alternative to camping with the kids, proximity to hiking is superb. If I were coming for a romantic weekend in Sedona with out the kids, I would stay elsewhere. As a side note, the Mexican restaurant across the street, Maria's, has amazing food, I mean really, really excellent. We had dinner there as a result of reviews from tripadvisor and we will definitely eat there again, we come to Sedona a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room on the north side so you can take in the spectacular view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jen R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our property. I apologize for Days Inn Standards and style of case goods, unfortunatley being a franchise we have to follow brand standards. I am glad everything else was liked, and we do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Sedona.

Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was on a family roadtrip, traveling on a budget. I chose this location based on previous reviews and cost. Upon arrival, my check-in was a problem. I had booked the room on Priceline and they provided me with a king bed. I was traveling with kids and needed 2 beds. I explained this to the gal working the counter. She reluctantly gave me a room with 2 beds, but warned me that they normally don't make exceptions and that I should be lucky this happened on a weeknight when the facility wasn't booked solid.
The room was very big and decently clean. It seemed a little outdated and could use a bit of TLC. Overall, I had a comfortable sleep and pleasant stay. They offer breakfast and the lady that works the breakfast room is incredible. I can't remember her name, but she is very sweet and friendly. She keeps the eating area very clean.

Room Tip: Call in advance if you book through travel site.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kristena H:

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was my first time in Sedona/Oak Creek area, what a wonderful place to relax and indulge yourself in nature's beautiful work. We were here for a weekend and it was sort of a last minute trip, most of the hotels in the area are either fully booked or you have to pay full rack rate. So we decided to stay at Oak Creek instead, which is a short 7 - 8 minutes drive from downtown Sedona.

When we got into the hotel at 6pm, we saw there was a giant banner that says "Newly Renovated Room", but unfortunately we were given an old room on 2nd floor with south facing view, so no Bell Rock view nor new renovated room for us. Remember to request North facing room if you want a view from your room.

Days Inn provided breakfast for the next morning, which comprised waffle, toasts, bagels and fruits. The lady who works at the breakfast room is so friendly and helpful, she is such a doll! I can't say the same for the guy who checked me in the night before though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Traves S, General Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Jason C:

Thank you for leaving your comments for us to reveiew. I apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We did remodel all but 11 rooms with new furniture, and have recently renovated all rooms with new carpet, mattresses, pillows, bed spreads, and bed frames. And in 2013, new art work, and drapes.

Please know we would love to have another chance to make your stay enjoyable with us, and if given the opportunity we would be sure to lock a reservation in for you with one of our remodel rooms as well as a view of the red rocks. While all rooms are surrounded by views, we know many prefer the red rock country over Table Mesa mountain or our pool views.

Also, if given the opportunity I would like to speak with you and hear more on your experience at check in.

Traves Sevier

Been to Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona? Share your experiences!