“Great value for this area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona

You added Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona to your Saves list
Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6465 Highway 179, Sedona, AZ 86351 (Formerly Kokopelli Inn)   |
Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Orange County
“Great value for this area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was on a family roadtrip, traveling on a budget. I chose this location based on previous reviews and cost. Upon arrival, my check-in was a problem. I had booked the room on Priceline and they provided me with a king bed. I was traveling with kids and needed 2 beds. I explained this to the gal working the counter. She reluctantly gave me a room with 2 beds, but warned me that they normally don't make exceptions and that I should be lucky this happened on a weeknight when the facility wasn't booked solid.
The room was very big and decently clean. It seemed a little outdated and could use a bit of TLC. Overall, I had a comfortable sleep and pleasant stay. They offer breakfast and the lady that works the breakfast room is incredible. I can't remember her name, but she is very sweet and friendly. She keeps the eating area very clean.

Room Tip: Call in advance if you book through travel site.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Traves S, General Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Kristena H:

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Days Inn Kokopelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was my first time in Sedona/Oak Creek area, what a wonderful place to relax and indulge yourself in nature's beautiful work. We were here for a weekend and it was sort of a last minute trip, most of the hotels in the area are either fully booked or you have to pay full rack rate. So we decided to stay at Oak Creek instead, which is a short 7 - 8 minutes drive from downtown Sedona.

When we got into the hotel at 6pm, we saw there was a giant banner that says "Newly Renovated Room", but unfortunately we were given an old room on 2nd floor with south facing view, so no Bell Rock view nor new renovated room for us. Remember to request North facing room if you want a view from your room.

Days Inn provided breakfast for the next morning, which comprised waffle, toasts, bagels and fruits. The lady who works at the breakfast room is so friendly and helpful, she is such a doll! I can't say the same for the guy who checked me in the night before though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Traves S, General Manager at Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Jason C:

Thank you for leaving your comments for us to reveiew. I apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We did remodel all but 11 rooms with new furniture, and have recently renovated all rooms with new carpet, mattresses, pillows, bed spreads, and bed frames. And in 2013, new art work, and drapes.

Please know we would love to have another chance to make your stay enjoyable with us, and if given the opportunity we would be sure to lock a reservation in for you with one of our remodel rooms as well as a view of the red rocks. While all rooms are surrounded by views, we know many prefer the red rock country over Table Mesa mountain or our pool views.

Also, if given the opportunity I would like to speak with you and hear more on your experience at check in.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-284-1100.

Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel and received a pretty cheap rate but I guess because I paid a low rate the stay would also be fairly cheap/low. The beds and pillows were incredibly uncomfortable resulting of both my husband and I waking up in pain. The room itself was ok however there was dust EVERYWHERE. I saw as we made the reservation and when we pulled in that there were recently renovated rooms, if ours was a recently renovated room I'm incredibly disappointed. I did take advantage of the coffee pot in the room to make hot water for tea. When the water filtered through the machine, it dispensed in the cup very disgusting brown water. Might I suggest to housekeeping as part of cleaning the room they also run the coffee makers to clean out used coffee that was in there before from other stays. I ran a few cycles of water myself which I didn't mind, but I don't think people would appreciate if they go to make tea for it to taste like coffee because the coffee makers aren't clean. The walls and ceilings are incredibly thin, I highly suggest that if you stay to ask for a room upstairs because if your downstairs you'll hear everything. Overall it was a very average stay, we had a roof over our heads and a place to sleep so that's what mattered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs, because if you're downstairs you'll hear the people above you and e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Saswilk:

Thank you for time you have taken to leave feedbakc of your experience during your stay with us. I apologize for the discomfort our beds and pillows brought you. I can assure you both are less than 5 months old. I also want to apologize for the dust in the room and can assure you this has been addressed with our houskeeping staff, and I have taken your suggestions of the hot water and have implemented it into our cleaning regimin. Please know our goal is always to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, and if given the opportunity we would like to make it up to you and hope we could get another opportunity to serve you, and also lock your reservation in with one of our remodeled rooms.

Please call me directly so I can make an effort to make this up to you. You may contact me directly at 928-284-1100.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Days Inn Kokopelli
LAKE ELSINORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend because my cousin got married in Sedona. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating - they let us check in a couple hours early without any problems. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel or my stay and would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Kori S.:

Thank you for the kind feedback. We are pleased you enjoy your stay with us and that we could accomodate your early check in.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Sedona.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good value for the money - would like to see more fruit with breakfast. Got food delivery from one of the menus included with hotel info..excellent choice/fast service and good hot meal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Edward F.:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We are gla dyou enjoyed your stay and appreciate your suggestion on the fruit options.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Traves Sevier

Been to Days Inn Kokopelli Sedona? Share your experiences!