“Wonderful resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Raleigh, NC
“Wonderful resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Radisson in June 2009 and had a wonderful time. The staff were so accomodating and the grounds and view were great! The pool was refreshing and was a welcome retreat to a busy day of tubing and taking the Pink Jeep Tour. Steve did a great job on helping us book our jeep tour and a wonderful resource prior to our trip when we called to inquire about rafting and tubing. Thanks for providing us a great vacation experience in Sedona. We plan to come back in the future!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

My Partner and I recently stayed at the Poco Diablo Resort and must say, it was such a delight to get away from it all and truly relax!

The staff (Mainly Jan at the front) was amazing! Right when she arrived, Jan was kind enough to give us a golf course view with a Jacuzzi tub room equipped with a fire place - VERY romantic!

If you want dinner reservations, don't hesitate to let Jan hook it up! She recommended two amazing places that had to be the best places to eat in Sedona - the final night she even reserved us creek side reservations at an amazing resort, most romantic dinner I have ever had...Jan - you rock!!!

The best thing about the resort, besides the staff and rooms, is that it’s just far enough off the beaten track you don't get the Tourists and congestion and you can actually see every star in the sky from your patio - nothing like drinking a glass of wine watching the stars with someone to really relax you!

If you are going to Sedona, I definitely recommend the Poco Diablo Resort - it’s priced just right and perfect for a romantic getaway!

Minneapolis. MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

For our last-minute trip to Arizona, we found this hotel via TripAdvisor. It had a great rate for the area and since we were booking for same day, we took it. The hotel property is one of the older ones in the area but is well-maintained. Our room was pretty dark (our entrance and only window were under a sheltered passageway) and the SleepNumber bed was a bit of disappointment. However, we had lots of room and free internet access. For a base to explore Sedona, it's one of the less-expensive options and if you don't care about a view or romantic location, then a good value!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

We only stayed one night. The place was ok. Not worth the 100+ we paid. Staff was very friendly though. We arrived late – 9PM. They served us food in spite of our late cravings- we ate about 10. They went out of their way to serve us. Hostess was nice, but the food, oh gosh, it was really bad and very expensive. Oh well. Location – not so cantered in Sedona city. Has internet access with a 5.00 surcharge. Had nice patio with view of red rock and gaolf course. Signal was good and reliable. I think 90.00 per night would be the MOST it is worth. Other than that it is just a motel isn’t it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
tempe, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I was married in Sedona this weekend and my friends and family stayed here. I was very impressed with the event coordinator Marian Leanord. She was kind and helpful in every way. The Hotel is beautiful and I was very happy with the room and the view. The Hotel staff was even kind enough to deliver gift bags to all of our guests rooms at no additional charge. We had some trouble with the hotel because our wedding crowd was fairly loud and rowdy, made a big mess to clean up, & disturbed several of the guests not affiliated with the wedding. They were charged additional amounts upon check out for cleaning due to the poor condition the rooms were left in. Instead of taking responsibility for their own behavior they chose to go on this site and write negative reviews out of frustration for being charged additional cleaning fees. The hotel did nothing wrong except have to police and parent a drunk wedding crowd that acted immaturely. As far as my friend's review regarding his meal at happy hour I have no argument with. He had a poor experience and it should be recognized. Thanks for reading, The Groom

• Stayed June 2009
MichaelGM, General Manager at Poco Diablo Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2009
I have been in hotel management, more years than I sometimes care to admit, and have always migrated towards the Internet, both for marketing and, especially, for feedback. In all that time, I do not remember any guest being as stand up a gentleman as this guest. We at Poco Diablo Resort certainly admit that we might not have handled everything as perfectly as we would have wished, who could have under the circumstances, but, we truly want the bride and groom, and all of their guests, to know we tried to do what we felt was right for the safety and comfort of all of our guests. I would like to thank this guest for myself, and for all of those Hoteliers out there who have had to handle similar challenges, and tell him how much a statement like he just made is appreciated by all of us - you do my heart good! Sir, you certainly have earned my respect and admiration!
Scottsdale, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

First let me say this location shouldn't be called a "resort" because it's a motel wrapped up in a fancy package with a pitch and putt golf course and tennis courts attached. The room was dark, most of the lights did not work, and my friends were scattered around the resort instead of grouped together like we requested.

Secondly the hotel staff (specifically Asst. Manager Ramon Jones) treated us with a completely unprofessional demeanor and attitude, we have filed a formal complain with the hotel and will NEVER be visiting this "resort" again. There are so many better options in Sedona, so be sure to not go to this one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
MichaelGM, General Manager at Poco Diablo Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2009
I am saddened to have to reply to this guest (you should read the groom's TripAdvisor posting above ). In the course of a year our property hosts about 40 weddings and in all the years we have been doing that we had never experienced a group quite like this one. I do not think it would be professional for me to go into great detail about what we were continually challenged with while these guests were staying with us - but suffice it to say, the police were called twice, we were compelled to refund full weekend charges to several guests and one family, that was to stay with us for two more days, checked out because they feared for the safety of their children. To then say that our management did not treat them properly is, frankly, just not fair. How does one treat guests that will not respond to our multiple requests, over two days, to keep it down, guests that are totally out of line, belligerent and frightening other guests? I am proud of our management team for their restraint and professionalism in light of such an incredibly difficult situation.
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I could not believe how my wife and I were treated at this hotel. We went to the bar because a sign at the pool said there was happy hour. When we got our food, I had to return 2 of the dishes. When we got the bill, there was no discount and we were told there was no longer a happy hour. I told them they should honor it because there is a sign advertising happy hour. The restaurant manager got in my face and threw 10 dollars out of his wallet and told me to scram. I told the assistant GM and he did nothing about the situation. Now that I am home, I looked at my bank statement and the restaurant over charged me $40!!!

The second night we were there, we got back from a wedding. We had 3 other guests in our room and we were saying goodnight. The GM knocked on our door and told us to keep it down. That we received a noise complaint from our neighbor (who were friends of ours) We were not even loud. We were tired and saying goodnight.

Overall this hotel needs a staff make over. I don't think this hotel knows that the staff really makes or breaks an experience for a guest. I know that my wife and I were not the only ones who complained about this horrible staff. Everyone from the woman who checked us in to the managers treated us horribly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
I am saddened to have to reply to this guest, but this review is just not an accurate, or fair, representation of our property or what transpired. In the course of a year our property hosts about 40 weddings and in all the years we have been doing that we had never experienced a group quite like this one. I do not think it would be professional for me to go into great detail about what we were continually challenged with while these guests were staying with us - but suffice it to say, the police were called twice, we were compelled to refund full weekend charges to several guests and one family, that was to stay with us for two more days, checked out because they feared for the safety of their children. To then say that our management did not treat them properly is, frankly, outrageous. How does one treat guests that will not respond to our multiple requests, over two days, to keep it down, guests that are totally out of line, belligerent and frightening other guests? I, and many of our other guests that I spoke with, applaud our management team for their restraint and professionalism in light of such an incredibly difficult situation.

Been to Poco Diablo Resort? Share your experiences!