We were on a road trip with major stops in Sedona, Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. After carefully researching places to stay within Sedona, my fiancées and I decided on Poco. Once in red rock country, we stopped at the tourist info centre, and they gave us an easy-to-follow map to the resort.
Upon arrival, I waited in the car as my fiancée checked us in. The grounds were lovely, clean and well cared for. There was a wide assortment of flora and fauna and lush grass on the golf course which I was surprised to see in the desert. Overall, the atmosphere was relaxing. I'd call it classy comfortable.
My better half upgraded us to a suite and off to our room we went. Our room had an exterior door entrance facing the parking lot and a sliding glass ground level door that overlooked the golf course. The suite was unbelievably spacious with a well-appointed king size bed, separate three piece bathroom, additional sink/bathroom area, deep jacuzzi in the living area, flat screen tv, fire place and sitting area. Once we'd unloaded the car and entered our room, I realized that the room next to us housed a bridal party. They were very jolly, loud and excited for their big day and I could hear every word in our room. I immediately called the front desk and stated that although I could empathize with a wedding party knowing that this was their time to celebrate, I wanted to enjoy my stay in our suite with relative peace and quiet. In less then 5 minutes the front desk pleasantly arranged for us to have the same room a few rooms away. The room was perfect and I slept incomplete peace.
From the resort you can see one of the mesas and you are surrounded by the red rock hills. At Poco Diablo, you are in close proximity to many vortexes, mesas, downtown Sedona, as well as Chapel o the Holy cross. The location is perfect! If you like a little golf, the grounds are at your fingertips and if you need help planning your day in Sedona, just ask the front desk. They can help you plan what you should visit and when. You can also buy your Red Rock Pass there - I believe it's $5 per day per vehicle. This fee is applicable to most of the hiking trails.
Restaurant and Lounge
We visited the onsite lounge, and restaurant multiple times. We would visit the lounge at the end of our day. The staff was so friendly that we felt very well-acquainted with them at the end of our stay. They had a knack for making you feel special and that your needs were important to them. They also gave us lots of local tips and insight on elevation and other good-to-knows for newbies like us to Sedona. The restaurant for evening dinner is well-priced and was convenient and comfortable. The portions are HUGE. The filet mignon was perfect! We ate breakfast there both mornings and it was also delicious. Check out the photos of the waffles and yogurt parfait.
Overall, Poco Diablo Resort exceeded our expectations and I would definitely stay there again. Actually I think it was the highlight location of the trip. Thank you Poco Diablo! I highly recommend it and I'm confident you won't be dissapointed!
- Also Known As:
- Poco Diablo Hotel
- Poco Diablo Hotel Sedona
- Radisson Poco Diablo Hotel
- Radisson Poco Diablo Resort
- Radisson Sedona
- Sedona Radisson
- Radisson Poco Diablo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located among Sedona's lush landscaping and Red Rock views, Poco Diablo Resort offers affordable hotel accommodations and onsite resort amenities including an outdoor heated swimming pool, 4 professional USTA approved lighted tennis courts, a 9-hole family friendly golf course and fully equipped fitness center. Guests will also enjoy guest rooms featuring premium BeautyRest Beds, Free Wi-Fi, T. Carl's onsite restaurant and our 10th Hole Lounge with stunning views of our golf course, Massage Services available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Poco Diablo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.