“Enchantment is wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Laguna Niguel
“Enchantment is wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Enchantment is a wonderful place for active people. The resort offers activities throughout the day to keep guest occupied. Tennis, mt biking, mini golf, yoga, and hikingThe room where we stayed was clean with a scenic view. The pool service was great. All the employees were friendly and helpful. Downtown Sedona is about a 15 min drive. Great vacation spot.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

As most reviewers mentioned, the location is gorgeous although a bit remote. The hotel service was very nice as the staff genuinely bends over and back to assist. The rooms were very large and comfortable (spacious for families -king size beds, lounge area with fireplace and independant tv..) huge super clean and well lit bathrooms, closet WC, convenient closet space... The food in the restaurants was excellent. Regrettable there was no breakfast buffet.
The kids club had very convenient hours but did not include many outdoors activities when weather permitted which is unfortunate as the location definitely would permit this.

Having been spoiled with spa services worldwide, I was not very impressed especially given the price of the services. The products and staff was friendly but the services had nothing to write home about. The spa facilities are very large (and therefore seemed a bit industrial).

• Stayed July 2014
Peoria, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The experience was so amazing I am not sure where to start.....When I made the reservation I mentioned that it was to celebrate my husband's birthday. When we arrived at the gate they wished my husband happy birthday...we were escorted to check in which took less than a minute, were given a tour of the lobby and made aware of all their facilities. We were then escorted to our room which was really nice.
We had a jr. suite, which had an extra large bathroom with a soaking tub and a shower, two TV's, a small sitting area, fireplace and patio. We called for rides everywhere we wanted to go. The food in the restaurants is very pricey, but also very good. We were lucky when we were there...the place was not very crowded so the pool area was quiet and relaxing and no waiting at the restaurants.
We have never experienced this level of customer service. All the staff made us feel welcome and like they were happy to be of service to us. We felt like royalty!
My husband climbed the trail behind the spa up to the Vortex and the views were wonderful. We can afford to go back often, but will definitely go back to celebrate special occasions.
Last, but not least....we had a family crisis and had to leave earlier than planned and they even offered to come help us load the car and bring us water for our trip home.

Room Tip: The jr. suite is great room for couples
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed stayed at Enchantment for the first time and here are my observations. I will say up front that I am not a person who is easily "wow-ed" nor perform standing ovations every time I see a performance on Broadway or high school drama. If someone reviews 5/5 on everything, they are too easily pleased and shouldn't be a critic.

Location: This is a bit of a double edged sword. Enchantment Resort is located in Boynton Canyon which offers jaw dropping stunning views (almost 360 degrees) of red rock. The Facebook photo opps would make any "friends" jealous. However, it is a good 20 minutes outside of town and is not centrally located. I clocked 2 hours of driving one day, and 40 minutes of that was getting in/out of the resort. I wouldn't let it deter you though because once you are "home" the views are amazing.

Service: Overall, I'd say the service was very good. The check-in process was very easy. We pulled up, they took our bags and drove us in a golf cart to our room. We ate several times at the restaurants and found the servers to be very attentive for the most part.

The Ugly: The crowds. I was very surprised to experience the masses around both pools because all of the photos you ever see of this place show an empty, tranquil pool. Don't be fooled. Think of ants on a melted piece of candy on the sidewalk. Not good. Really it shouldn't matter if I was there peak season or not, I should be able to find a place to lay out at the pool. The biggest offender was the Spa Mii Amo. There were hoards of "Housewives of Beverly Hills" wannabees setting up camp all around the pool, not using the chaises half the time, mind you. But rest assured one of them would be there guarding their spots. I have a feeling most of these ladies are not staying at the resort, which is fine, but then the resort should have another pool to accommodate outsiders. I'm dropping $600 per night, while these ladies are staying at the Holiday Inn and don't mind splurging on a prickly pear mud wrap and massage. Enchantment-----add a pool, ban outsiders, or demolish 20 guest rooms. Take your pick. I was not happy when I showed up and there was not one open spot to lounge. We ended up hanging out inside and saw many other people walk out to the pool, look around, and then leave with a look a disappointment.

The rooms- It appears that they have been recently renovated. The bathrooms are gorgeous with a tub and walk-in shower. There is a toilet closet (with door) for those that like their privacy. Everything was very clean. No mildew, no dust, no stains etc.

That's the review. Yes, I docked 2 stars because of the crowds by the pool. I am paying for one night what it costs to sail a week long cruise (food included). There, I expect crowds for the price, here, not so much. If you hate swimming pools and spas and only plan to hike, then stay here at least once. I'm glad we did but I am hesitant to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were greeted like royalty and continued to be treated that way by every staff member. The golf carts are traveling around and you can ask them for anything... they act thrilled to help you. They will wave, say good morning, smile, nod.... completely helpful. Everyone speaks with positive energy, everyone wants you to feel their balanced joy. Every activity that I did was so wonderful. I did not want to leave! Yes, the price is more than most, but is worth every penny! One evening we had the pool and spa all to ourselves and the staff were even sweet at the end of their shifts! The food is very fresh and has extra details that I did not expect. I feel so refreshed and hope to continue all I learned! We had the spa package and enjoyed all of our treatments. Expect the best indulgence because that is what you will get!!!! I just did not expect the kind, spiritual treatment, the continued giving, the gentleness.... this was truly an experience that every human being should be a part of.... it would change the world!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I can't think of anything that could have been improved. We had a great time, loved the accommodations, spa, food, and guided trip to Grand Canyon. The staff is excellent, and the prices are commensurate with the quality of the experience. Will come back again sometime.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We've been to Enchantment 6 times over 17 years. The accommodations, food, and staff are always excellent, and the canyon location and views are unbelievable. My best advice to explore the canyon trails (enter behind the spa) in the early morning or late afternoon. Kids will have a blast because it is much more than just "hiking" - there is some fun and easy climbing if you are adventurous. If you venture slightly off the main trail and onto less traveled paths up the canyon wall, you will find Native American "rooms". Evidently there are 100s in and around Boyton Canyon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Enchantment Resort? Share your experiences!