“Beautiful Canyon Views, Even if Not From Our Room” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful Canyon Views, Even if Not From Our Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

While on initial check-in for a week's stay in a junior suite we were disappointed by the view offered from our balcony (bushes and the parking lot), the accommodations were very comfortable (nice furniture and one of the largest bathrooms I've ever seen in a hotel) and we reminded ourselves that we weren't there to sit on the balcony - we were there to get out and enjoy Sedona's beautiful landscape. Yes, many of the casita balconies overlook parking areas, etc., but if you get out from your room and walk around the resort, you'll have a surfeit of overwhelming canyon views. Even beyond the natural setting of Boynton Canyon, the resort grounds and landscaping are gorgeous; we could not get enough of just walking around the resort and looking at the canyon (good exercise, too!). We loved the fact that the resort was several miles removed from touristy Sedona itself, and we found Enchantment to be very quiet and relaxing even though they were fully booked for half of our stay. We saw chipmunks on our balcony and herds of deer while taking walks at sunrise and at dusk.

Now for the room: the junior suite's bathroom is HUGE and very well outfitted, and the bath itself was so deep I could barely peek my nose over the edge; there were fairly large flatscreens for both bed and couch areas; housekeeping service was attentive with coffee pods/creams/water bottles, etc. especially since we left them a note requesting what we needed; and my only complaint about the room besides the view would be that the carpet seemed a bit dirty (hard to tell since it's dark brown but our feet got dirty walking around the room).

As for the resort grounds and restaurants, there are lots of paved paths and LOTS of inclines and steps - we really enjoyed the exercise but if you have mobility issues then you may need to call a bellman to drive you in a golf cart (yes, they are more than happy to do that). Almost without exception, the staff were very friendly and courteous. We ate breakfast the first morning in the main restaurant, Che Ah Chi, so we could dine on the patio there and drink in the gorgeous canyon views. After that, we had breakfast each day at the spa cafe, Mii Amo, where we were still able to get some nice views while enjoying healthier menu options. We also had a couple of dinners and a rather frustrating lunch at the casual restaurant, Tii Gavo. Please see my upcoming reviews of the three restaurants for specifics, but our favorite was Mii Amo (they offer a juice/smoothie bar) for the healthy food, the service, and their greater attention to gluten allergy requirements. The biggest disappointment was Tii Gavo due to a sometimes clueless waiter (he served us all three visits and still didn't grasp that yes, everything on my plate has to be gluten free) and the fact that they offer a rather limited menu. All of the food we ate was tasty, though, and again, you get to enjoy nice views. For those reviewers who complained about prices . . . the menu pricing was typical of high-end hotels, so you shouldn't be surprised. If you're paying $300-$500 night for accommodations, why are you shocked by breakfast entrees that average $15-$22 each? It's typical resort pricing, and yes, the one night we had dinner at Che Ah Chi, it was about $200; dinner entrees at Che Ah Chi are in the $40-$55 range and side dishes are a la carte.

We really enjoyed having access to the spa facilities, and next time, I'll be sure to book some spa treatments. As it was, we found the spa pools to be less crowded and much more quiet than the main pool, and the lounges were very comfortable. Again, I also liked being able to pop in for a smoothie from their juice bar.

So while I may have listed some negative aspects in addition to the positive ones, my husband and I both really enjoyed our stay at Enchantment. I would not say that our experience was totally five star, but it was certainly worth four and a half stars and because the setting is so beautiful and they really do a great job at keeping up the resort, I feel comfortable giving them a five star review.

Room Tip: Ask for a casita further up the canyon, away from the road. The Junior Suite is very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Every year, we head to Arizona for some big sky, dry air, and sunshine. We stayed at Enchantment for the first time this year, and it is our new favorite place. Beautiful accommodations, a wonderful spa with a variety of classes, delicious, healthy food, and the most beautiful setting I have ever seen. The scenery is breathtaking. I hope to celebrate my birthday there every year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I could not be happier with this resort! For once, the online pictures and brochures that I looked at prior to booking actually capture what this resort looks like. I'm so used to booking hotels based on the online photos, only to be sorely disappointed once I arrive. Not with this hotel! The Enchantment Resort is nestled away in the red rock mountains. The back drop is breath taking, the grounds are well manicured, and there are deer everywhere! We had a beautiful casita with an outdoor patio that faced the red rocks. Each morning my husband and I would drink our coffee and eat our breakfast on the patio. We enjoyed the peace and quiet while we watched the deers graze a short distance away. The Mi Amo spa is also incredible. I had two treatments which were tailored to my individual needs (you answer a long questionaire which helps them determine what you need); both offered pure relaxation and left me wanting more. If the spa is not for you, there are plenty of other things to do. For example, relax by the pools, play tennis, go for a hike, or bike ride. We also took a Pink Jeep tour to the Grand Canyon which was a nice one day excursion. If you are going to visit Sedona, I beg you to stay here.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited this property just to see what it looked like and for lunch at the cafe...The views are magnificent, as is true for a lot of places in Sedona...but this property is up the mountain a bit and you actually are closer to the red rocks that make it such a special place. We just had salads and a glass of wine for lunch while enjoying the beautiful views. It's a luxury property and the prices reflect that...we knew that going in so were not disappointed....our food was excellent for what we wanted and ordered. If you want to get away from the tourist crowd in downtown and enjoy a leisurely lunch in a beautiful location, Enchantment will fill the bill.

kansas city, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful place to relax and enjoy nature's beauty. You are completely surrounded by the red rocks! There are lots of activities available every day. The Mi Amo cafe was wonderful. I have nothing but great things to say about the "bellboys". They were ALWAYS cheerful and ready to help in any way, always smiling. One, in particular, Luke, was exceptional, which is really a compliment since they were all so great!
The standard room was VERY clean, although small. The junior suite was fantastic!
There are so many different spa services it's hard to pick!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Enchantment resort has a reputation as a luxury get away in the stunning red rock country of Sedona AZ. And the site of the property could not be MORE spectacular surrounded as it is by beautiful Boynton Canyon. The primary feature I like about the property is the easy proximity to canyon hiking trails. This was my second visit here, both times as part of a small group. Each time, I was booked I to a junior suite. These rooms are comfortably sized and appointed but nothing about them would make you say wow! I imagine for most rooms the wow factor comes from the views- which can make you forgive almost anything. The stunning canyon by day and the amazing stars at night. Of course I would not know about this as on my first trip my room overlooked the employee parking lot and on this most recent trip my room was down in a hole overlooking the ditch. Unless the place was totally overbooked why would the hotel do this to a customer? Of course I realize groups are often getting a discount but so what? I am a present and future client - it would seem worth it to make a good impression. Besides the ditch view the room had a couple of other deficiencies adding up to disappointment. The blind on one window had a piece off that was lying across the back of the couch. The fire-place (not needed) did not work. Minor, but Enchantment has an image it's price point should live to. But the final straw was the lack of hot water. This actually did motivate me to complain and despite assurances of repairs I took freezing cold showers after each hike. The apology was a shopping bag of spa products. A nice thought in a way - although a bit clueless as all the gels and liguids were in containers OVER the TSA mandated 3 oz. so I left the with a member of the group who lives in PHX. Go to red rock country it is spectacular. But stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and towards the back part of the property.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I came as an exhibitor for a conference on property. The meeting rooms were great with the option of open windows overlooking the red rocks! The food was great, staff was helpful, honestly I was impressed.

The location is AMAZING!! You are literally set in the middle of the Red Rocks. There are walkways, trails, fountains all for your enjoyment.

This is the true Sedona experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Enchantment Resort? Share your experiences!