The Enchantment resort is nothing like we've ever seen before. We're from Ohio, so we do not see beautiful mountains with all their colors in our state. After flying into Phoenix, the 2 hour drive North doesn't seem like it takes a long time at all. I, personally, was taking pictures the whole time! Once arriving at the resort, we couldn't believe how breathtaking the scenery was-the pictures do not do it justice. Upon arrival, even the gatekeeper was glad we were there! Once we checked in, a bellman led us to our room (Junior suite = amazing!), and he explained so many things about the resort and wrote on our map where everything was. I appreciated that he took the time to inform us. Absolutely every single staff member at the resort was courteous and kind. It was so refreshing! They will go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay and there are little surprises around every corner. We decided to take the 2 hour Pink Jeep Tour that's in Sedona. It goes through the mountains and it's like an 'off road' type of tour. We recommend this! I was sceptical because I get motion sickness easily. I asked them about how bumpy the ride was, etc. and they gave me the option to sit in the front (which helps) and take Dramamine. I was greatful for their suggestions. Our tour guide was Paul and he was extremely knowledgeable about the mountains, Sedona, animals that are in the area-a very laid back guy. We also visited the Grand Canyon for the first time! Again, pictures do not do it justice. The drive was about 2 hours North of Sedona, but there are places to stop along the way (Flagstaff, Williams) depending on your route. All the restaurants at the resort were delicious. We enjoyed sitting by the campfire just outside the Tii Gavo restaurant, looking at the mountains and meeting people from other countries, discussing our travels. The pool area was refreshing and the pool bathrooms were exquisite! I'm sure that sounds silly, but usually public restrooms aren't up to par, but theirs are fantastic! Again, every detail is taken care of there. We sat on the balcony at View 180 our last night at the resort and there was a guitar player playing very authentic, native american-like music. It was very peaceful and completed the ambiance. Now for the negatives - one was with the Mii Amo Spa. We walked to it just across the way to check it out, and I asked a few questions. I felt that the receptionists were rude and passive (snooty, to be honest). I was surprised by this because it's a beautiful spa and we've had a great experience with the staff at the resort. We ate at their cafe, and it was fine. Secondly, we feel the room rate is fair for all you get, however the food and drinks are quite expensive. A lunch by the pool with a couple cocktails was about $60 for 2 people. I still feel it is well worth it, but be advised. Perhaps head into Sedona for some supplies-there is liquor at Walgreens! Overall, a wonderful vacation and we highly recommend staying at Enchantment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by jaw-dropping views of red rock Boynton Canyon and the Coconino National Forest, Enchantment Resort combines the rugged grandeur of the Southwest landscape with luxurious amenities and Native American culture. All 218 Arizona-style guest rooms, recently renovated, have beehive fireplaces and private patios with views of the towering crimson cliffs. The 70-acre resort offers guests more than 100 activities each week including hiking, mountain biking, tennis,cooking classes, arts and crafts, and Native American programs. Resort guests enjoy exclusive access to Mii amo Spa, consistently ranked among the world's best, and Seven Canyons golf club for 18 holes of golf with stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Enchantment Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchantment Hotel Sedona
- Enchantment Hotel And Mii Amo
- Enchantment Resort And Mii Amo