“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Walnut Creek, California
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at the Enchantment. We felt thoroughly spoiled by the staff, the service and ambience was amazing. We loved that this resort was a little out of the town of Sedona and it is surrounded by the most breathtaking scenery. We enjoyed using the well equipped gym and taking a Yoga class. My daughter had the clay massage at the Spa which she absolutely loved and I had an OK cranial sacral which was the only thing that was disappointing.

The service throughout the resort from check in, spa, bar, restaurant was incredible. We splurged on having dinner on our last night - delicious. We also loved sitting in the leather club chairs at sunset and enjoying a glass of very good Tazi white wine -

The casitas all blended into the red rock scenery. Our casita was spacious and had a very nice patio. Lots of fluffy white towels and nice smelling soaps, lotions etc.

While there we enjoyed taking a Pink Jeep Tour. Check out the Broken Arrow tour at Sunset and ask for Jim. Jim was a terrific driver and very informative about the area.

Can't wait to return to the Enchantment Resort with my husband!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Enchantment Resort makes for an incredible retreat from Phoenix. Its so wonderful to drive a few hours north and get treated like royalty for a few days. This was a trip for our anniversary and a bit of a baby moon trip as well. The room was very comfortable and clean. The dinning options were fantastic and I love being tucked away from it all in the Boynton Canyon. One of our favorite places and we will absolutely be back! Thank you for the wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Jr. Suite. It's spacious and the bathroom is absolutely amazing. Would be good for a small famil...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Go to Sedona and stay at the Enchantment Resort. Location is great - it is suitably removed from the downtown traffic and nestled in beautiful Boynton Canyon. We stayed there for 4 days in one of the suites and everybody in our group was blown away and wow'd with it. It is so peaceful and calm that deer were free to wander up to our balcony. Everywhere you look the view is incredible. Even the outside view from our bathroom was spectacular.

The decor is rustic southwest - we had fireplaces in every room. Wifi reception was great. We were surprised to find orange juice in ice'd buckets outside our door in the mornings...it was a really nice touch.

All the workers and service staff were polite and attentive - it's one of the few places I've been where your needs were their concern.

I don't do SPAs but my wife was able to drag me into theirs. I didn't know what I was missing. The bar is well stocked - I didn't think you could order a double shot of Jack Daniels and coke at a Spa. Hungry? They serve food there to.

Just swimming in the pool is a tonic to the soul. Outside you're surrounded by the cliffs and mountains...manicured lawns, exotic cacti, and service staff that won't interrupt your serenity unless you want something.

Stay. Stay. Stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently stayed at Enchantment Resort for 5 days with our family of 5 (3 teenagers and two adults). It's always difficult for us to find rooms that can accommodate all of us but our casita was very large and would easily have slept 8. The Wi-Fi was free, which kept the kids happy, although it was off and on (mostly at night). We liked having orange juice delivered in ice buckets left outside our door every morning plus the coffee makers (Keurigs) in the room. The resort is pricey but not having to worry about extras such as Wifi or water (there was cucumber and lemon water available at the pool and bottles left in the room everyday) was a big plus for us, especially after having come from Vegas where we were charged for every little thing. If I had to think of something to complain about it would be that the smoking areas near the pool are not very far away so when one person smokes (and we only did see 1 person smoking) you can smell it everywhere. Also, this is a family friendly resort which means lots of kids - and sometimes screaming kids (and parents). The pool is not very big so you really can't get away from it. There is an adult only pool at the spa but this isn't an option when you have 3 teenagers (who are beyond the screaming and crying stage). With 3 children of our own, the noise wasn't that much of a problem - we've been there ourselves - but for couples looking for a peaceful or romantic get-away, I would recommend the other pool. The staff at the main pool was exceptional. I would highly recommend the resort to anyone and we hope to return ourselves someday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Boynton Canyon is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth and the Enchantment is as good as it gets. The service is outstanding, all of the restaurants are amazing, and the spa is the best I've ever been to. The place has this zen-like, spiritual feel that is hard to describe but very unique and special. My ultimate day: an early morning breakfast at the spa restaurant (mouth-watering, lo-cal, organic food...yes, it's possible), morning stretch at the yoga studio, hiking the trails around the property, a lovely aromatherapy massage, a drink (or two) by the pool and a lovely dinner facing the spectacular views of the canyon. We had a fantastic girls trip here, and I can't wait to come again with a group of couples. My husband is not the spa type but I'm happy to send him off to play golf while I do my thing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am going to start off with a major negative for me at Enchantment.
They have a twenty five dollar resort fee each day you are there. I was there for a business conference. My group was up at five and in bed after midnight. I never got to see the place on my own time. You can not have the fee waved at all and I feel that is wrong when you know that you will not have the opportunity to use the resort. Next negative. You need to make a reservation to eat breakfast/ brunch. Not going good for me here. Now that fee also cover all your tips and if you do get spend time some other nice things. The grounds are very well kept and the staff is very friendly and helpful at all times. Would I come back? No I would not. It was not a great experience for me but, maybe for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the gets good cell phone reception.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at Enchantment Resort as part of our honeymoon. We thought it somewhat pricey but decided that it would be worth our money based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. We arrived in the evening and drive itself into the resort was incredible at sunset. The view of the canyons and red rocks is indescribable. We arrived to check in and were accompanied to our room. We were given complimentary champagne and chocolates as we were on our honeymoon. The room was excellent, comfortable, included a fire-place, kitchen, outdoor grill and an amazing view off the balcony.

The pool has such a beautiful view of the rocks, there's really no down-side. There is a bar near the pool area where drinks can be ordered.

The hiking areas start right near the resort and are incredible. Boyton Canyon had such impressive views of the valley and surrounding red rocks. We also saw that Hot air balloon rides were available nearby though we did not participate this time.

The spa is luxurious, very clean and amazing.
There's nothing negative to say. We can't wait for the opportunity to return to Enchanment!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Enchantment Resort? Share your experiences!