My wife and I had a parents-only long-weekend stay at the Enchantment in February 2013.]
We went in having read a few reviews and having no real expectations. But Wow! This place was amazing. We were amazed that anyone was allowed to build right in the middle of a red rock canyon. It was so beautiful, and the resort was built in such a way that every room had an equally amazing view. We stayed in a junior suite. The space was ample - with a large bathroom that sported a separate commode, shower, dual vanity, and bath. We also had a gas fireplace that came in very handy as the nights were cold.
We tried a little bit of everything on this trip: mountain biking with George - the excellent guide, hiking the 'private' trail of the resort's, off-roading to another trail in our rental jeep, eating at the resort's very nice restaurant (great service and outstanding food), taking in the hot tub at the spa, and tennis clinics. We found the resort exemplary in every way but two points:
1) The service was not to the highest standards in the bar, check-in area, and stores. We found ourselves waiting quite a bit in each of these locales. It seemed as if everyone was so laid back, that they couldn't be that attentive. At one point, my wife was trying to purchase quite expensive hiking shoes, only to find that they were out of stock of just about every size and the cash register wasn't working properly - and the clerk behind the counter didn't know what to do.
2) The spa services were very 'new age' - with things like crystal readings and so on. This didn't negatively impact me, but just wasn't my thing and made me stay away from some of those services.
So, why did I give this resort the highest rating? The location and the atmosphere at the resort. I can't say enough about how relaxed and energized we felt after leaving this place. We would love to return again with our daughter and do many more things here.
By the way - even if you don't stay here, you have to come to have a drink or dinner. And if you do stay here, don't leave for another restaurant. We felt we wasted our time/money at expensive but disappointing supposedly good restaurants like Rene's (just plain bad) and Cowboy Club (just OK).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by stunning views of red rock Boynton Canyon and the Coconino National Forest, Enchantment Resort combines the rugged grandeur of the Southwest landscape with luxurious amenities and Native American culture. All 218 Arizona-style guest rooms, completely renovated, have beehive fireplaces and private patios with views of the towering crimson cliffs. The 70-acre resort offers guests more than 100 activities each week including hiking, mountain biking, tennis,cooking classes, arts and crafts, and Native American programs. Resort guests enjoy exclusive access to Mii amo Spa, consistently ranked among the world's best, and Seven Canyons golf club for 18 holes of golf with stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Enchantment Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchantment Hotel Sedona
- Enchantment Hotel And Mii Amo
- Enchantment Resort And Mii Amo