“Wow...Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Highland Park, Illinois
“Wow...Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been here twice, and it is beautiful, romantic and fun. The surroundings are gorgeous, as are the rooms and the common areas. The pool and hot tubs are amazing, and the spa offers everything you can imagine.

I was there for New Years one year and the party wasn't that great, but it was pretty good.

Great hiking nearby and you really have your breath taken away constantly by the scenery.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The resort is so amazing you won't want to leave. We aren't morning people, but we looked forward to getting up for the 7am stretch. The food is excellent. We were there for 4 nights and would have been quite happy to make it longer. There are a lot of activities. On the website, click on activities and make sure to sign up for the starred activities in advance. Then confirm your requests when you check in. We found the concierge members nice, but not really effective. You must venture away from the resort to enjoy the many hiking trails around Sedona. Thousands of volunteer hours have gone into making the trails immaculate. The views and smells are intoxicating. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The casita studio was perfect as it was nice to have kitchen facilities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at the Enchantment to celebrate my birthday and had an amazing experience. The resort is simply beautiful! I actually started crying when I first noticed the resort nestled in the Boynton Canyon. It was simply breathtaking! I was greeted by a gentleman at the entrance who wished me a happy birthday. Nice touch. I also received a bottle of wine in honor, which was nice as well. Check in was seamless. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get an amazing view that everyone talks about but I didn’t really stay in the room so it wasn’t a biggie. I spent most of my time at the spa. Had 5 services which were all amazing! I also ate at their café. Really good food. The spa offers a ton of activities and I did quite a few and was really impressed. Everyone I came in contact with was super friendly. I ate at the restaurants at the Enchantment and enjoyed them as well. Saturday night they had a live band that played really good jazz. The level of service they provide is comparable to the amount you pay. It was expensive for me but was worth every penny. I haven’t stopped thinking about this place and I've been gone for over two weeks. I went solo and didn’t feel lonely or bored one bit!

The grounds and surroundings were beautiful, the people were friendly, I stayed busy with all of the fabulous activities….what more could one ask for. I can’t wait to go back to paradise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The resort is located in the most stunning area of Sedona and hidden off the beaten path. In fact, other then venturing out to Sedona for a few means, we never wanted to leave the resort. The view from our private balcony off our Junior Suite was amazing and I could have sat at the pool all day and looked at the gorgeous red rocks. The resort offers a host of activities and I highly recommend the guided hikes. Once you book your reservation, be sure to sign up for any of the resort activities denoted with an * - as these activities fill up fast. If needed, get your name on the wait list and then just show up for the activity. We were able to enjoy classes there booked full simply because others didn't show up. Highlights of the resort include the morning delivery of OJ and newspaper to your room, the world famous spa located on property (see separate review) and the beautiful accommodations -the resort recently went though an upgrade and it shows. Oh...and did I mention the deer that the wander the resort at dusk and dawn? This is a great place to escape for a few days!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Junior Suite with a fireplace. Great way to spend an evening!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Perfect get away spot nestled in the canyon. Spa is great. Casitas are lovely with fabulous views. Lots to do on the grounds. Once you arrive you never want to leave. Great for a romantic time or a family vacation

• Stayed April 2012
Dana Point, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am fortunate to be able to stay in many of the worlds finest hotels and resorts. I was returning to enchantment for my sixth stay and was shown a suite looking upon the workers parking lot as the view and a parking lot out front. When I objected, the customer relations manager informed me the resort was full of VIPS. A bit humiliating for a Preferred member and loyal guest. When I did receive a different suite,customer service manager informed me I had inconvenienced a VIP. no Internet
No hair dryer. No amenities. No welcome note. No seemed to be the theme. Including no hot water. Horribly disappointing. This was my favorite retreat. Even their pens are junky now. Did ownership change? Misses the mark

Stayed November 2012
Babs H, Manager at Enchantment Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear ssmorriso,

I am very sorry to hear your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with senior management. Would you like me to set up a call with the general manager to discuss in further detail?
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Spectacular location and serenity. A quiet beauty. One week was not enough to take in all the surroundings and splendor. Hike the mornings and relax poolside in afternoons while taking in jaw dropping vistas. Delicious orange juice and apples every day. Only change I would recommend is losing the annoying music at the main pool.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Enchantment Resort? Share your experiences!