The main thing Enchantment has going for it is the amazing location. There are gorgeous red rock views in almost every direction you turn. Also, Mii Amo spa is absolutely fabulous. We always felt extremely at ease within Mii amo and enjoyed their cooking demos too. Mii amo is an excellent destination, the bad parts of this review apply only to Enchantment.
The food at Enchantment itself was a bit of a letdown. I guess they are trying to be healthy, but while that made sense at the spa, it makes less sense at the resort. Everything was undersalted and low on flavor. Breakfast was especially horrendous, everything seemed pre-made days before and reheated. The whipped cream was from a can and the maple syrup artificial. Cheap quality for high prices. We had much better food in town.
A major problem was that my husband developed a sudden allergy to fabric softener and got hives all over his side and shoulder. I contacted the front desk to request new sheets washed without fabric softener, and two days in a row they failed to adequately relay my request to housekeeping. Finally I realized I should just call housekeeping directly, and then a manager promptly understood and fulfilled my request. But I was very disappointed in the front desk's incompetence. On the second day of the trouble, I went in person to the front desk, and the woman seemed completely freaked out by my (politely and calmly delivered) complaint. She acted as if I was being very aggressive when I was very consciously being as low-key as possible, it was very strange and made me feel like it was my fault that we had this problem. All we needed was to be referred to a housekeeping manager! Very disappointing for such a supposedly high-class resort.
If I had to do it over again, I would buy some kind of Mii amo package to get that access, but stay at a much cheaper place in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by stunning views of red rock Boynton Canyon and the Coconino National Forest, Enchantment Resort combines the rugged grandeur of the Southwest landscape with luxurious amenities and Native American culture. All 218 Arizona-style guest rooms, completely renovated, have beehive fireplaces and private patios with views of the towering crimson cliffs. The 70-acre resort offers guests more than 100 activities each week including hiking, mountain biking, tennis,cooking classes, arts and crafts, and Native American programs. Resort guests enjoy exclusive access to Mii amo Spa, consistently ranked among the world's best, and Seven Canyons golf club for 18 holes of golf with stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Enchantment Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchantment Hotel Sedona
- Enchantment Hotel And Mii Amo
- Enchantment Resort And Mii Amo