“A Huge Thanks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Slide Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Slide Rock Lodge
You added Slide Rock Lodge to your Saves list
6401 North Highway 89 A, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #15 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Hurricane, Utah
“A Huge Thanks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I on a whim traveled to Sedona from Southern Utah. We had made no hotel accommodations. Arriving late in the evening we drove by as our eyes caught a beautiful lodge. Boy are we thankful we pulled in! Joanne was an absolute pleasure. She took great care of us and put us in Room #1. It has the cutest fireplace and a private outdoor patio in the nice shady canyon. Our king size bed was comfortable. Upon check out we asked Andy what places he might recommend we visit and 20 minutes later he had pulled out a map and had it all marked up with at least 10 points of interest. We visited several of these and are so grateful for the time he took to help us. Joanne and Andy are fantastic and the lodge is exactly what we were looking for to partake of the Sedona experience. Thanks again! Dave and Catrina (Utah)

Room Tip: Go with Room #1!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

When I first found Sedona back in 1996, I stayed at SlideRock Lodge and found the mountain location perfect after a day exploring the beautiful and energetic downtown Sedona. They had my favorite feature which was a REAL wood burning fireplace, and as a writer and artist, I found that space important where it was almost a ritual to reserve the same room. Over the years, I looked forward to coming to Sedona also because the owners, Joanne and Andy, really cared about the guests. They are rare hands-on people where each guest is treated as family. I've probably stayed elsewhere one or two times over 20 years, but now a Sedona trip won't seem complete without staying at Sliderock Lodge, and seeing Joanne and Andy. They have also upgraded their rooms to a lovely Southwest decor, keeping authentic Cedar walls, and beds to have the best night's rest.
And when you return from an evening of events or dinner, you can arrive at Sliderock to view the milky way stars in the sky without any city lights, and smell the aroma of cedar wood. For adventurers, family, or anyone's vacation, Sliderock Lodge is the ONLY place I'd rather stay in Sedona! --Carolyn

Room Tip: The double rooms are spacious and highly recommended.
Big Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I got married at Slide Rock and stayed at this cozy family orientated motel some 12 years ago and wanted to go back on our trip out West. Andy and Joanne...the owners...were as cordial as ever and made our stay fantastic. Now...if you're looking for a motel with lots of trimmings, this isn't it...this is a down to earth motel run by a neat couple who will do anything to make your stay enjoyable....complete with fireplaces in most rooms...it's rustic...but the perfect place for a secluded getaway. We love it...and will happily return the next time we head west...there's no swimming pool or fitness center....but who needs one in Oak Creek Canyon...with its beautiful walking paths...and a trout filled stream across the road!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rarely do you meet people who have SO clearly made the wrong career choice but the owners of the Slide Rock Lodge have done so. If you are one of the people who got lucky and were treated with some basic human kindness then count your blessings this time but stay far away in the future. I wish I had researched more carefully before ever stepping foot on this property. I cannot think of a single demographic that can count on being treated well at this lodge. The property is not thriving under their care, their "guests" have to take their chances on the mood and whim of the owners for a kindness. Makes you wonder what they are doing to their beautiful surroundings that can't speak for itself if they treat everything else so poorly. Their rates may be reasonable for Oak Creek, but please, please, please think about how you want the money you work hard for to be used. Do you really want it to go to people who are so bad at what they do? To the owners, seriously, think about getting your license in taxidermy or embalming where you don't have to be around living beings. To those beings who are no longer living, sorry to sic these people on you, you really do deserve much better

Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

To be successful in the hospitality business, one must be hospitable. After being a part of a four car collision on 89A, we turned into the "lovely" Slide Rock Lodge in order to get off the busy highway and exchange information. With no cell service in the canyon to call an officer for a report, we kindly asked the owner if we could use his phone. We were met immediately with a "Get off our property now You cannot stay here!" His reasoning? He had guests and we were taking up valuable parking spots. I understand. However, there was a total of two cars in the entire parking lot and the entire hour we were there waiting for the officer, one car pulled up and parked in one of the many spots. The owner's wife got mixed up and it essentially turned into an argument with the owner's berating us saying we have to get off the property. What if I had been a potential guest? Regardless, I never will be after their lack of compassion, understanding and hospitality. I firmly believe we made his ghost town of a lodge look exciting with more people and cars on his property. If you ever intend on staying here, understand the owner's hospitality only runs as deep as your wallet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

NEVER STAY HERE. The owners of this joint are callous, mean, and rude to all their customers. They could care less about your comfort, your feelings, or anything other than the money that they could get from you. During our stay we not only felt personally affected by their poor attitude but we firsthand watched them treat about eight different people with varying degrees of inconsiderate comments and actions. Add this poor service into the dirty rooms, thin walls, and constant traffic noise and I would say this is the worst hotel in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After reading the negative reviews and then staying at the Lodge, I decided to write my own. My husband, son, and I were looking to get out of the heat of Phoenix. We've never been to Sedona but wanted to - it was great. We were out of the way - out of cell coverage - very small tv but the location is great - quick enough to run into Sedona to eat or drive to the Out of Africa wildlife park which we also did. It's very simple but it was very clean. I want my son to understand that constant access and constant connection isn't always the best. We slowed down and spent a fun weekend together. If you're looking for pizzazz and entertainment with a 42" flat screen - this is not your place. We loved it. I would recommending bringing a small coffee pot if that's your thing too.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Slide Rock Lodge? Share your experiences!