“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Slide Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Slide Rock Lodge
You added Slide Rock Lodge to your Saves list
6401 North Highway 89 A, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
IN
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

After spending a horrible night in another location in Sedona, we found the Slide Rock Lodge and moved in for the duration of our stay. There were several room styles to choose from and we chose a more simple, modest room. All the rooms we saw were clean and neat and we were pleased that our room was also clean and rustic. The bathroom, while small, was totally functional and clean. We could tell that updates had been done to the bathroom. Our bed was also comfortable. The Lodge is also nicely nestled at the base of a gorgeous mountain setting.

The owners were very nice to us and if I ever come back to Sedona, I would certainly stay at the Slide Rock Lodge again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Williams, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Spartan is one thing, but not even soap provided! Room was unimaginative and dismal. Substandard see-through curtains. Room is in definite need of upgrade!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
reston va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

dont understand the positive reviews about the slide rock inn, I got there at midnight and entered room #4, the carpet was filthy and the bed was even worse, I awoke at 6 am and waited till 8 to drop my keys off and proceeded to get the hell out of there. I know its rustic but come on this place hasn't been upgraded since the early 70's - stay away !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We had gone to Sedona without a plan. Wanted to go to the Grand Canyon. Beyond that plans were open. We stayed at a Ramada in Flagstaff the first night. Blah. Drove down to Sedona the next day on 89a, beautiful road. Like I said no plan. As we drove through the canyon we were looking for that perfect lodge or cabin to spend the next 3 days and nites. Found it. Slide Rock Lodge. Andy and Joann. Nicest people you’d ever want to meet. We sprung for a suite, 2 rooms, a little kitchen, fireplace, clean, homey, couldn’t have been better. The kind of place that makes you feel like your staying at your uncles cabin up at the lake. They even have some creek bottom that they own so one afternoon we spent a refreshing time listening to the water and skipping rocks. Andy was a font of local knowledge on what to do an where to go. On our forth day we didn’t fly out till midnight. Andy n Joann let us stay late so we could have a full day and still freshen up and get a little nap before we headed off. That’s country hospitality so lacking in our world today. We can’t speak highly enough of our experience at Slide Rock Lodge. If you go please say hi to Andy n Joann for us Have fun

Room Tip: Call ahead and get a suite
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Goodyear, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

The owners were so rude! They accused me of being a liar. It was my birthday and I had 3 friends staying the night with me in our room but my family or 3 more were up for the day to eat cake in the hotel with us, then we were all going to slide rock, then my family of 3 were going home and my 3 friends and I were staying the night. The owner woman would not let my family stay. She said I paid for 4 people to be on here property and that's all that was allowed. She kicked my family off their property. We were there 10 mins and I got a refund. DIdn't stay the night. But I'm glad. The place didn't look too clean anyways. I wouldn't trust sleeping there with those owners anyways. And may I not forget to mention on the 2nd floor of their office right when we arrived the 2nd owner a male almost feel through it when a wooden board came loose. I wouldn't trust the cheap make of the place. I also paid $140 for my room and when I showed up there was a huge sign out front that said Vacancy $99.00!! How fair is that?? Would never recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I travel all over the world and stay in the best hotels. When I need to care for myself I come to The Slide Rock Lodge in Sedona and watch a fire while smelling the fresh air. My husband and I just spent our anniversary again and experienced a slice of Heaven. Not fancy just perfect mojo. It is usually sold out because I think there are only 20 rooms and everyone wants to walk along Oak Creek, a private walk that they own. They are building a wine patio and wine and cheese room ... Sweeter than ever.

• Stayed August 2010
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Unfortunately, we were delayed getting to this hotel and only spent 12 hours on site. We arrived in the dark after a long day of travel. I had called the owner when I realized we wouldn't get in until late. JoAnne very kindly left the key under the mat for us so that we were able to get into our room. Since we arrived in the dark, we weren't able to appreciate anything around us except the sky full of stars.
When we woke up in the morning we were blown away by the red rocks rising up all around us! This place was gorgeous and we found it refreshing to be disconnected from TV and WiFi. I would emphasize the "lodge" part of the name rather than the "hotel" part. If you like to be outdoors, this place is fantastic: you can sleep with the windows open and sit on the porch. If you are a Hyatt/Hilton fan, you may not appreciate what this place offers.
The owners are pleased to assist you with directions and their knowledge of the immediate area and also of Arizona (Andy was happy to provide suggestions on seeing the Grand Canyon).
We enjoyed the location: only 1/2 mile from Slide Rock State Park. It allows you to arrive at the park early enough to avoid parking hassles and the bigger crowds.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Slide Rock Lodge? Share your experiences!