“Always will love this place :)” 5 of 5 stars

Oak Creek Terrace Resort
4548 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #23 of 31 Sedona B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Always will love this place :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

I will always love this place. It has evreything for a romantic and fun getaway in a great package. My husband and I have been there for the last two years for valentines day. We stayed three days this last year we enjoy it so much. It is also dog friendly, our little mini pin loves it!! The only thing I didn't like was on Valentines there were many other couples staying there, so there was a little lack of hot water for the jacuzzi tubs. The place is a little old, but it adds to the charm. We will be returning for my Birthday for 4 days in July. We booked one on the bungalows this time and it will be perfect weather for grilling. I didn't realize how close they were to the creek. It's a quick walk away. There were hammocks, chairs, grills, and swings down there. The weather will be so wonderful for outside activity in July. It's my heaven, and only a quick two hour drive from Phoenix. I love this place!!!

• Liked — Evreything!!!
  • Disliked — Getting hot water for the jacuzzi tubs- but it was expected on Valentines Day.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Denver, Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

The room was reasonable in Sedona $95. The owner/manager was very attentive and anticipated a few things for me (like a bottle opener). the room was clean, nice and quiet- except for the teenagers having a party next door. I could hear the creek from my room. I would highly recommend, especially since so much in Sedona is overpriced.

Stayed March 2007
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

I want to start by saying if you need a nice fancy pampered room then this place is not for you. I was looking for a nice little cabin romantic getaway and that is exactly what i got.

From the moment I arrived i knew i was going to love it. The front office was a small little box that featured a nice front desk lady(Who gave excellent food reccomendations). The whole resort was small and old but i had a really cozy feeling as walked through the grounds. There are all of about 20 rooms on the property bunched into groups of 5, 3, and some which were single standing. We decided to walk around first to get a little excercise. I felt as if i were walking through a little village where i felt at home. There were chairs and decks everywhere to sit and relax. Right by our room was a little koi pond which was layed out nicely. The creek really is just a couple steps away from all the rooms. we relaxed by the creek on a nice little rocking love seat where i almost fell asleep.

Our room was nothing spectacular compared to modern fancy hotels but it had a fireplace and jaccuzi which were my main reasons for selecting this place. It did not have a desk and chairs but that was completly fine because you shouldnt be sitting indoors anyways with all the stuff there is to do and experience outside. The room also had a dvd player which we did use at the end of the night when we were winding down. At the end of the day we had relaxed in the hot tub, enjoyed the heat of the fireplace and fell asleep to a dvd. All in all my girlfriend and I had a nice romantic experience at a good old place.

• Liked — jacuzzi and fireplace in the room!
  • Disliked — i just wish i could have stayed longer
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson, Az.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights for our anniversary. The rooms are VERY old and VERY small, my poor boyfriend had a heck of a time in the bathroom, your knees touch the sink when you are on the toilet. The room does have a huge jacuzzi, but it takes up most of the room. We couldn't use ours because there was no plug for it, by the time we realized that, the front desk was closed. The fireplace is really nice, but some of the smoke does come into the room. The property is gorgeous! We loved laying in the hammocks by the creek. We had to cut our stay short because of the fire in Oak Creek Canyon, but they refunded our money and apologized profusely. I woule definitely stay there again...but if you are looking for something fancy and modern, this is not the place for you. If you want some where cozy, peaceful, and quiet, stay at Oak Creek Terrace.

• Liked — the beautiful property
  • Disliked — how old / small the rooms were
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

Disappointing, tacky and cheap

The the main draw of this establishment is its location by the creek and the ability to sit in a Jacuzzi and have a fire at the same time and for that they will probably get people to come for a night or two but I doubt they have many returned visitors.

We were all ready for a romantic evening had the fire started and wine flowing and candles lit and went to turn on the Jacuzzi tub and there was a trickle of water coming out. I called the office and the lady stated that they were full tonight and everyone was filling their tubs at the same time???? UNACEPTABLE!!! and to wait 15 minutes and try again so I waited and waited and waited and still just a trickle, when it finally started to come a little faster and I emphasize little about an hour later the water was COLD...NO HOT WATER !!! Needless to say the evening was ruined, I was thankful that I was only staying one night. The place has potential but the owners are just CHEAP !!!.

The rooms have that old musty smell when you get in , they put gold plated fixtures in the room to try and give it some class but then fill it with wicker furniture and a horrible do it yourself tile and chalking job in the bathroom. They only allow duraflame logs in the fireplace and let you know that only one is provided and come to find out that one is only a 2 hour duration log please!!!!…. for 155.00 a night.

The next morning we were able to get into the tub with hot water which was coming actually semi fast but to add to the frustration instead of spending the extra .50 cents for a drain plug that fits in the drain they have one that barely covers the top and every time you move your feet it uncovers the drain so the water drains out. The location is pretty by the creek, but again management fails by putting all this cheap and tacky mis matched furniture down there by the creek to ruin the ambiance and cheapen the view. Upon checking out I advised the clueless lady in the office of our less then desirable experience and she just looked dumbfounded and didn’t offer any sort of explanation or bother to try and resolve our problems…oh well another lost guest ... another one will come along... but for how long????

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

This motel was two-sided. The grounds are nice and it has a beautiful location. I loved the Koi pond and the creek. The jacuzzi was nice and added a romantic feel. However, the rooms are tiny and need maintenance but are still adequate. Be careful with the fireplace. The smoke is not well directed outside and we still had some in the room the next day. Also, it was clear that some of the more expensive rooms were larger, more secluded, and had nicer landscaping. Overall it was a positive experience but not worth the price. My wife and I loved Sedona and it didn't matter much where we stayed but this was better than a typical motel, but not any hotels.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

Ok, the rooms needed some serious maintenance like a fresh coat of paint, etc. However, the property was gorgeous, staff was very friendly, and it's the only place that I know of where you can bring your dog. We've been coming to Sedona for Memorial Day weekend for years, and this was our first time at Oak Creek Terrace. Our girls loved being so close to the creek, taking a walk across the street to check out the jewelry from the native american vendors, and our dog loved it too! We like a little luxury in our hotel stays, but what this place lacked in the rooms, was made up for with the rest of the property. In fact, we already booked a room for next year!

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Oak Creek Terrace Resort? Share your experiences!