“Just WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Sedona
MD
“Just WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my first trip to Sedona and unsure where to stay. After viewing TripAdvisor, I decided on the Southwest Inn. I cannot believe how outstanding my stay was there. It is located west of 'uptown' which is nice and quiet! But you are able to get to everything you want quickly... The rooms were spotlessly clean and everyday I felt they really cared it remained clean. The front desk staff whom I encountered (Jamie and Robert) were fabulous and friendly. I received several recommendations of restaurants in the area and was NOT disappointed once. There was an issue with my room (a broken shower from a rock inside the pipe) and was immediately notified I would be upgraded and was. The view of the rocks is good but better on the second floor. Breakfast was yummy and very filling....several options available. Hot tub and pool on the grounds and clean. Rooms very spacious with a fireplace; some rooms have a jetted tub. Having a patio is a very nice touch. The robes for use are cozy too! I am looking forward to another stay next time in Sedona there at the Southwest Inn!

Room Tip: If you can, get an upstairs room; better view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were booked through Hotels.com as a result of another motel bumping our reservation. My husband and I were very pleased. Offers full breakfast, nice interiors. We would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2dumbpugs, Manager at Southwest Inn at Sedona, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about the Southwest Inn!

I am happy to hear that we made your stay comfortable and loved it! I sure do hope you tried our amazing breakfast burritos!

Hope to see you again in the future !
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was very cozy and comfortable. I loved the balcony and the view. The bed was very comfortable too. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I also enjoyed the complementary breakfast. The hotel is close to uptown and to trails if you drive...if you do not drive and you want to access the uptown area or trail heads you can get a cab but you may have to wait 15-30 minutes. As someone who does not drive, getting around Sedona was my biggest challenge, though not an insurmountable one.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if getting up steps is an issue, make sure to book on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2dumbpugs, Owner at Southwest Inn at Sedona, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review!

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and in Sedona! Sedona is beautiful that you do not need to go far to see great views of the Red Rocks!

Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you in the future!
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Best kept secret in Sedona! Super clean, friendly accommodating staff, well appointed room with little touches that make the stay even better...super comfy beds with fluffy comforters. Value definitely there. Reluctant to let the word out...want to keep it to myself.

Room Tip: upstairs balcony rooms are best...grounds were immaculate!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about the Southwest Inn!

We do strive to make the rooms perfect for our guests! We have the best beds in Sedona! After a long day, all you want to do is come back to a clean, comfortable room and beds that make you sink with comfort!

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter spent her honeymoon here and thought it was fantastic. I booked this trip for them as a gift and found the staff very helpful in planning this stay. They treated them very well and gave them an upgraded room with a great view. My daughter said the room was great, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious. My husband and I can't wait to book a special romantic get away for ourselves.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review!

I am pleased to hear that you chose the Southwest Inn for your daughters very special day! We are happy to be part of that day. We love making our guest happy and making the trip very special. Our breakfast is very healthy and delicious and a great way to start the day in beautiful Sedona!

Hope to see you soon!
krogdog
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice place. Have a pool and hot tub to ourselves most of the time. Wonderful breakfast. Great views close to restaurants. We did have to ask them to clean up the room but it was still before 3 PM. They were very helpful at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2dumbpugs, Manager at Southwest Inn at Sedona, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Southwest Inn and had the pleasure of enjoying the pool and Jacuzzi.

Hope to see you soon!
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Well.... I was looking forward to staying here the most out of everywhere on my little road trip around the west, and I really really really loved the room!!! If I'm being honest, there is only one tiny problem I had with this hotel (maybe it was just my room), and that was the view wasn't really as described on the Internet! We booked the upstairs room espically for a once in a life time view!!! We kind of overlooked the main route in and out of Sedona... However my girlfriend and I enjoyed out pizza on the balcony!!! And on top of that, iv not slept in a bed that's a comfy as the one in this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review!

Thank you for staying with us and enjoying all that the Inn has to offer! Having a meal out on the balcony is by far the best way to enjoy your meal and the views of the Red Rocks. Yes, we do over look the parking lot and main road but that should not stop you from enjoying the views that Sedona has to offer!

Hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Southwest Inn at Sedona? Share your experiences!