“Family trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 31 Sedona B&B and Inns
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Family trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Adobe Village Graham Inn, our kids stayed in the Tumbleweed room and us in the Wilderness suite. Our room was extremely spacious and comfortable, huge fireplace in living room and bathroom, the bathroom was gigantic with a jacuzzi. The bed was extremely comfortable and each day after our hike a loaf of french bread and some fresh baked cookies would welcome us back. Cheryl and Ron are very welcoming hosts and Cheryl's baking/cooking is amazing. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed in the Country Room with our 2-year old. This was the only B&B that we found that allowed kids, and it was fantastic. Exceptionally comfortable rooms with great bathtub, fireplace, balcony (views from the balcony were unbelievable), and turn-down service that included cookies (the little one liked that!).

The breakfast was billed as gourmet - and it was. I only wish they had a better coffee selection (no decaf?), but that is a relatively small complaint. Cheryl gave us some great tips on hiking and biking trails - they have a book on just about every trail or activity to do in the area and will make you copies or provide you maps.

After leaving, my wife told me she refuses to return to Sedona unless we stay at the Adobe Village again next time - so needless to say, we were happy with our experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brookfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed in the Purple Lizard Villa and loved it! We are from eastern Ohio so it was really neat to stay in a room decked out in southwest decor. The patio and views were awesome. Our friends back home couldn't believe our gorgeous views. There was a house behind us but it didn't take away from the red rock views. We hesitated to book here because we read a bad review on this site- WE ARE SO GLAD WE DIDN'T LISTEN! We wanted to mountain bike and hike. Bike rentals were one block away and the trails started across the road from the bike shop (Bike and Bean). Oak Creek Village was small, smaller than the greater Sedona area which we liked. Very quiet little town. Breakfast was awesome! We usually skipped lunch because we were never hungry until later in the day. The fresh bread they provided was a nice snack when we came back to our room after being on the trails all day. We would sit on our patio and have a cocktail and have some fresh baked bread. The bed was extremely comfortable and had nice linens. (My wife is very picky about this!) The two person jacuzzi tub with fireplace was nice for soaking. Bring your slippers though. This room has all tile floors, so they are cold. This is more an observation than a complaint. I saw some reviews that people didn't like the innkeepers. We found them to be very nice and accommodating. We like our privacy though. We found the innkeepers respected your privacy, but were there to help with whatever you needed. All you had to do is ask. We like to stay in unique places. We found it to have it's own style, loved it. Our villa was very private- we felt like we had our own house. This room probably has the largest patio and best view, from what we could see. There is red rock everywhere though. I'm sure the other rooms had good views as well. We put a few pictures on so everyone could see.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were 3 adults in the country room in Nov. Pros are easy walking access to shopping, restaurants, Bell Rock trails, classy decor, balcony view and breakfast excellent. Cons loveseat roll out bed not comfortable and was not able to fold it back into loveseat, shower not working but large bath was nice. Garden, pond, patio pool area beautiful.

Room Tip: bring your own single mattress for the 3rd person
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
West New York, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We recently stayed at the Supai room at the Adobe Village Graham Inn. Due to my 2 year old son's ear infection and a missed flight, I needed to change my reservation twice over the phone with Ron. Ron was nice enough to accommodate my last minute changes, which I was very grateful of. When we arrived, the room was in very good shape with nice interior and a well equipped kitchen, all that we were hoping for. The room also had a nice view of Castlerock (I think). In the morning the next day, the breakfast they served was home made tasty, and much better than anything you can find outside. Overall I found my stay to be very satisfactory where good people were running a very pleasant property for visitors to Sedona.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I haven't stayed at a Bed&Breakfast place before, but I'd sure want to in the future if it were as good as AVGI. I exhausted all options in Sedona for a romantic getaway that were in my budget. I was prepared to be lodged in an old rickety place considering the price, but I was surprised.

Pros: The hosts are friendly, the room is excellent. It is very conveniently located, in a calm serene surrounding and yet very well connected. Sedona is a tiny town, so who cares anyway (as long as you got a car). The room does justice to the view promised from the balcony. This place is possibly the closest to the red rocks. Oh, and the breakfast was yummy. We stayed just the one night, so did not get a chance to go to the spa.

Cons: Not many really. Just to add one, something was fishy with the thermostat in the room. No biggie.

Verdict: Perhaps the highest comfort-to-cost ratio in and around Sedona, AZ

Room Tip: The webiste should help you decide. Descriptions are accurate.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Destin, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

It's taken me awhile to write this review because I honestly was waiting until life was back to normal to decide how I would feel about my experience. I fell in love with this inn online and begged my family to let my husband and I stay here the night of our wedding and our first day being married. We have known eachother since we were little and this was a big deal to us thirty years later. I spoke to the owner to see if we could check in early as we would be getting married at the time of check in. He told me very sternly that check in was check in and that was the extent of his help to me. So my mother called and he agreed to let my brother in law to check in early by bringing our bags over. While my brother in law was there, he never gave him a key or any directions to getting in the B&B and he knew that we would be arriving late after our reception (my mother and I had explained this multiple times). We arrived at this gorgeous B&B at 11pm to find we were locked out and saw an envelope on the table (with our keys) with our name on it inside the building. Not sure what to do we called the emergency number several times with no answer. We discussed going back to the Hilton to stay with our family but ya know it was our wedding night and we had spent close to a grand to stay here these nights. So we rang the doorbell several times and kept calling for over an hour. Finally, he answered the phone and sternly said he had sent us an email to tell us how to get in and eventually gave us the code to get in. And you know how you check your email right before you get married? And I checked my email the next day and there was nothing there. So whatever we are in and we are over it. Right. The next day we came down for breakfast and cannot believe how rude the inn owner was to us. He lives in the Inn and heard the doorbell and intentionally did not answer the door. Two young kids, I suppose he thought. My husband said, "Don't get upset, we have gotten off on the wrong foot, we are happy we are married." And I said, "Okay, Im not going to let it bother me." I explained that I was exhausted to the inn owner and could not wait to get some rest in the beautiful bed. This is at 9 am. At 10:30 am, my husband stepped out to run an errand. I am in lingerie half asleep when I hear a key in the door, I see a man poke his head in and look at the thermostat(right next to the door) and I said, "Hi, can I help you?" and he said, "oh, I thought you left, the maids need to come in and clean" He then proceeded to send maids in to clean my room while I layed in bed half naked" on my first day being married. The point is, I couldnt leave this place fast enough. I actually wished we hadn't reserved two nights. As beautiful as it is, I would rather have stayed in a Holiday Inn than to have been treated this way and we honestly did nothing wrong. So my advice to you is, if your into anal people who don't care a bit about other people and want to ruin your happiness stay here. If you want to enjoy the beautiful serene Sedona, as magical as it is, I advise you to stay elsewhere. I watched my p's and q's while staying there and didn't say a word. But I promised to myself to write this. So I hope it helps, I wish I had read this before planning my wedding night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Adobe Village Graham Inn? Share your experiences!