“Great Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 30 Sedona B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just spent a wonderful 3 nights at Alma de Sedona Inn in Sedona AZ. The staff, Laura, Nan and Jim and all their help were delightful, warm and charming. The food was to die for. There is no way we could eat like that seven days a week.
The mediation peace garden soothed our souls and delighted our eyes. We highly recommend Alma de Sedona!
Darwin & Ouida
Albuquerque NM

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I spent nine months researching B&Bs in Sedona and settled on Alma de Sedona for its location and reviews. We were not disappointed. The property itself is tucked on a side road in West Sedona. Serene and quiet but just a short drive to restaurants and shops in uptown. Lori and Jim, the Innkeepers, were wonderful hosts and offered a lot of information about the area. Our chef and housekeeper made amazing breakfasts and kept our room tidy. We stayed in Settler's Pine, a nice room with a king bed, sitting area, balcony, desk, and large bathroom. I loved the free homemade bath salts and I miss the water pressure in the shower! The grounds are lovely as well. We were very happy at the Alma and would stay there again. I would definitely recommend the Alma for anyone that wants something other than the general hotel fare, for a special getaway, or an adult retreat. Thank you again for making our time special!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Lori and her staff have done an amazing job with Alma de Sedona. My husband and I stayed in the Casa Blanca room for two nights in April. Spectacular views from our balcony, plus a gorgious bed, fireplace, and a jacuzzi as a bonus.

As vegans we are always hestitant to be "too needy" with our dietary requierements, but Lori went out of her way to provide us amazing and delicious breakfasts that I'm pretty sure were the envy of other guests!

We took a vortex/medicine wheel tour from the Earth Wisdom tour company that turned out to include the medicine wheel on our property as part of the tour. We performed a beautiful ceremony there and it was a wonderful cultural experience. I'll be reviewing that separately but if you're planning on staying here, definitely check them out.

The grounds are spectatular and make for a pleasurable walk. It's a quick drive to the center of happenings in Sedona, but far enough away that you aren't inundated with traffic noise, etc. It's a peaceful, idyllic setting with gorgeous vistas, lovely rooms, and wonderful service. I highly recomment it.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have gorgeous views - our favorite is the Casa Blanca room.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lori and her staff have done it again. Their hospitality and beautiful rooms made our 3 night get away a wonderful and relaxing experience. The views of the sunset from our upper room balcony were amazing. My wife and I are avid hikers and we found the Sedona area one of the most beautiful to enjoy outdoors. After a long hike the jacuzzi tub in our room was a welcome sight. Lori and her staff are very helpful in providing local information on just about anything and I'm sure you will find them extremely helpful.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as all have views of the beautiful Sedona Red Rock Scenery. My preference is...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I chose alma from a list of other bed and breakfasts' based on their offer of the red rock romance package. (Truely wonderful/affordable/ WELL WORTH IT package). Let me start off by saying that their website doesn't do the beauty of this place justice. Its in the heart of sedona but also far enough away to be calm, quiet, and peacful. My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. Jim and lori (the inn keepers) were extremely sweet and personal. Complimemtary breakfast was provided hot and fresh every morning promptly at 8:30am. Our massage therapist rhonda and kate were also excellent and professional. I have nothing but rave reviews about alma de sedona. Best place for the best price!

• Stayed March 2013
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent a wonderful 5 nights at the Inn. The room was excellent, with a fantastic view of the Thunder Mountain. The mornings sitting on the patio, with the sun rising, and enjoying the peaceful surroundings was great. From the time we checked in till we left, (and we really didnt want to leave), the attention we received was excellent. Being this was the first time to Sedona, every morning we would talk with the Inn Keeper at breakfast, about our plans, and get excellent advice on the area. The friendly atmosphere was great. When we return to Sedona, we already know where we are staying, The Alma de Sedona Inn Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The inn is in a beautiful area of Sedona--close to a main road and some hiking trails, but in a quiet neighborhood. My view was beautiful in the snow. The room was lovely and the hot tub was quite relaxing after a long day of hiking. My room had a small fridge, which was helpful. Lori was very nice. The common room was very charming and bright.
A few things to note, though. First, the hours are limited. By 6:00, the staff is gone and the common area is locked. This means no access to the computer, no one to ask for restaurant advice or directions, no one to answer the phone, no way to get replacement soap, etc. I have not found this to be the case at other B&Bs (usually someone is on duty until 10-11, at least).
Second, the breakfasts are good but not always healthy for a pre-hike meal. The first morning was a delicious and healthy breakfast burrito, but the second morning had only the option of pancakes. I left to go to the Coffee Pot for some eggs (highly recommended!). If you planning to do a lot of hiking, this won't matter.
Third, be aware that they make NO accommodations for you in case of inclement weather. I ended up driving through a bad and unexpected snowstorm. When I called it was made clear that they would not allow me to cancel that night. As a result, I drove (3 hours instead of 45 minutes!) instead of doing the safer thing and staying in Flagstaff, because I couldn't afford to pay for 2 hotels. While B&Bs understandably have strict no-cancellation policies, I've found there to be a weather exception. When this has happened to me before (and it has, thanks to travelling often in upstate New York), the owner is always super gracious--and sometimes insistent!--about letting me reschedule or cancel a night until I can get there safely. This was not the case with the Alma. I don't blame them necessarily, but it doesn't win them the extra points that it has won the other B&Bs. 10 months out of the year it probably won't be an issue for anyone, but be aware if you make plans for January or February. Snowstorm or not, you're paying for your room.
Finally, and this is a super small quibble, but they are not subtle about expecting you to leave a tip. There's a special tip envelop and it is alluded to several times in the welcome binder. I recognize that they want guests to understand that the hotel is not owner-operated and so tips are welcome, and of course I left a tip (I would have anyway), but it felt pushy. One mention of the fact that the inn is not owner-operated should be sufficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Alma de Sedona Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!