“Lunch was very good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 164 Restaurants in Sedona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Lunch was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stopped here for lunch while in Sedona on vacation because my daughter liked the name. It was actually pretty good. The atmosphere was pleasant - very much like a bar and grille. Food was very good - parmesan fries were excellent. I had a hamburger and it was cooked just right. Service was also very good but it wasn't busy at all when we stopped for lunch. Definitely recommend.

Visited June 2014

Chicago
“What is this place, or why did I come here?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My biggest regret in a week in Sedona was eating here. I have no idea what they are trying to do here. It looks kind of like a fun Mexican restaurant but the menu was all over the place. I was so confused I ended up with overpriced ribs which were bland with a sweet flavorless BBQ sauce. My daughter ordered the fried chicken that was basically dried out chicken strips. My wife tried the pork carnitas which were so overcooked and dried out they looked like dried turds in a bland verde sauce. The giant margaritas clearly have never seen a real lime. The servers were nice and friendly. Find somewhere else to eat. Anywhere else.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Peyton, Colorado
“Better Places in Sedona”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

If you like sugar and salt then this is the place for you! The atmosphere was nice but that's about it. After being immediately seated, we waited at least 5 minutes to be acknowledged by a server. The place was NOT busy! The waiter was nice but definitely not into his job. Food, I had the chicken enchilada, was okay but very sweet. The rice and beans were very salty. They had several waiters doing single-focused jobs but this was not a team and it showed. I watched the busboy put two glasses on a tray, walk away for a couple of minutes, put four plates on an empty table, walk away, some napkins on the tray, walk away...you get the picture. He never cleared the three tables in the hour we were there. After waiting 15 minutes for the bill I finally got up and asked the hostess to check me out. I would not go back or recommend. The food was too expensive for the disappointing taste and bad service!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Missed the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I will admit...we do not eat out a lot. We are not a fast food family. So, when we eat out, we expect good food. That does not mean fancy food...it just means that it better taste like something that I would have a hard time making myself. My family of 5 had four different entrees and not one was outstanding...so from our perspective, if you want to try the Barking Frog, avoid the ribs, fried chicken and beef tips. The beef tips were just odd...it was like Mom's leftovers ladled over a plate of pasta. The sangria and the creme brulee saved the Barking Frog from receiving a rating of 'poor'.

Visited June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Food was fantastic as well as the prickly pear margarita! Wide variety of items on the menu; something for everyone.

Visited May 2014

Been to Barking Frog Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Barking Frog Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.