“Great meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Oakland
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I loved this restaurant! The food and service were both great, as well as the tasty margaritas. We had the lamb adobo and the scallops, both were delicious. We were there before it opened, so didn't have to wait. I highly recommend this gem in Sedona!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Berwick, Maine
“best meal in sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

elote is probably one of the best restaurants we have ever dined at on all our vacations here and abroad. service was un believable and let's just say everyone that visits sedona should put it first on their list. be patient as you wait in line to open as no reservations are taken which i think is a brilliant idea. chef jeff even took the time to visit our table a sign a copy of his cook book. elote is special-keep it up!

Visited September 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Arrive early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Everyone knows that Elote does not take reservations (no clue as to why) so skip lunch or eat a very light lunch and get in line about 4:15-4:30 pm for their 5pm opening. You will not be disappointed. Creative Mexican cuisine at good prices. If they took reservations, I would go more often. The fact that I ordinarily refuse to wait in line for anything in life but will go early to eat here should tell you the food is worth it!

Visited December 2013
Santa Monica
“Very disappointing - NOT worth the wait and would not go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Wow, I can't believe all of the good reviews on this place! We stayed at the adjacent hotel and read about the long wait times so we got there a half hour before they opened. We were at the front of the line but sure enough, it filled out really fast behind us and the place turned into a zoo. We ordered the "Elote" as an appetizer and it was pretty good. The entrees were OK, nothing special at all and definitely not worth even a 5 minute wait. I'm from Los Angeles and we have really good Mexican food here so I'm not sure if maybe I'm jaded and expected something that would blow my mind, or if this was just an average place. Maybe for Sedona it's good, but in my book, its just average.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Maryland
“Ridiculously delicious and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Just loved this place. When we arrived at our hotel, and asked for a recommendation for dinner, there was no hesitation that we had to go to Elote. Excellent margaritas, excellent service, the signature dish Elote is actually an appetizer and we drooled over it. Carnitas were the best I've ever had. Very reasonably priced. Fun night.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Elote Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Elote Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.