“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The chef at this restaurant is amazing I have eaten here many times and the service was awesome the food was something I could not explain you must try it for yourself!!!

Genoa, Nevada
“Warm it up just a little”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Shallots is a very good dining experience located in a mini-strip mall on HWY 89W in Sedona. It is charmingly decorated and very welcoming.
We checked it out because we had been there two years earlier when it was Dan's Bistro. I like the menu more now, but you still have to BYOB.
We went to dinner on one of Arizona's monsoon nights, so we ordered heartier fare than you usually have in August.
My double clam chowder was just the way I like it, a really thick broth loaded with clams and potatoes. It was just not hot! It was warm, but it needed a few more degrees of heat.
For my entree, I had Steak Diane, and it had some of the best seasoned beef and mushrooms I have had in a long time. The same with the steak though, the temperature felt like it had been in the pick-up window for a couple of minutes too long.
We really enjoyed the place and would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blair P, Owner at Shallots Cafe, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thanks for the review and we are happy you enjoyed the food. The temp issue has been addressed and resolved. I appreciate the comment about that.
Anthem, Arizona
“Great New Restaurant in Sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Shallots Cafe took over the space that used to be occupied by Dan's Bistro and has carried on the tradition of not offering liquor and charging only a $5 corkage fee so BYOB, My husband and I went here for dinner while visiting Sedona last week and were so impressed that we brought friends and went back for dinner a second night. The eclectic menu includes some really great comfort food but with unique twists that make it much more interesting. The Clam Chowder is really amazing (I don't even like Clam Chowder but I liked this) and better yet it comes with your entree. The Crabby Shrimp and Chicken Fried Prime Rib were really great. And it just gets better with dessert - the Key Lime Pie is the best I have ever had and the Bread Pudding is really good too. In addition, they have live music which was very good. By the way prices are extremely reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“charming place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

shallots is a small, bring-your-own-bottle kind of place with warm decor and a friendly wait staff. as to the menu, it is excellent. the clam chowder was delicious and the breaded salmon stuffed with crab literally melted in the mouth. my wife had a steak which she pronounced to be likewise delicious. if you are looking for a quiet place where you can talk with your guests and be heard, along with excellent food, shallots is the place for you.

Gilbert, Arizona
“Good food, slow service, locally owned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I went here for dinner with a friend who had previously been, so they informed me to bring my own wine. The restaurant does not have a liquor license, but for a $5 corking fee they will open your bottle of wine that you bring in. I think this is great, but it is something you have to know in advance. We went on a Saturday night and there was one waitress, a busser, and the owner. The owner did not wait on our table but did come over to see how everything was. It took a while for someone to come over and give us some waters and uncork the wine, and they were a little slow taking our order. They do cook everything to order, and it says that on the menu. That usually means it will take some time, but if you have the time it is worth it. The food was excellent. They offer very large meals. I had the herbed rib eye that included soup or salad, potato and vegetables. My rib eye was excellent. It was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. It is a little pricey. My meal was around $27 (not including drink, corking, etc). They deliver a bread basket to the table as well. Everyone was friendly and the service, while slow, was pleasant. They had a guy in the dinning room that was playing the guitar, the atmosphere was very nice.