“Great location on a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Star Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Star Motel
You added Star Motel to your Saves list
295 Jordan Rd., Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Austin, Texas
“Great location on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

For a solo adventure visit you can't beat the price, location or friendliness of Ann at the front desk. Don't expect luxury but it is a comfy enough place to lay your head down at night. Walking distance to so many places, it is a terrific location. Highly recommend if you are on a budget!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for four nights. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Lighting is a little dim and bathrooms basic. The upside is the central location in the middle of old Sedona. The staff are very friendly and helpful

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hubbard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying with Anne (the owner) at The Star Motel....built in the 50's. This is a BASIC room...clean and functional. But, the location is perfect..you can walk to the Main Street to all restaurants and shops. You can't get lost as the tall STAR motel sign will show you where your home is. Rooms have refrigerator, hair dryer, TV and Wi-Fi. The price is great. You can pull your car up to your entry for ease in loading and unloading luggage. Patio chairs out in front of your room for a cold drink and just relaxing. Anne will make suggestions if you have any questions on where to eat, sightsee, or what to do. EXCELLENT choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a long weekend of mountain biking with a couple of friends. Given the room rate I was expecting it to be very basic and it was. That was fine with me as all I needed was a place to sleep and change before heading out for the day. Being able to walk to the Hitching Post for breakfast and Taos for dinner and drinks was great. The only issue I had was that I did not sleep well. Time change and altitude change could have caused it to some degree but every time I woke up I heard what sounded like a washing machine running adjacent to my room. The people were great though and I would definitely stay here again if need be.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Like many of you I read the review on here and decided to take a chance on a little family owned establishment smack dab in the heart of Sedona. When we checked in we met a lovely lady by the name of Marcel, my apologies if I've misspelled it, once to owner operator of Star Motel now retired she still helps out sometimes. It was 10:30 am and despite being told the day earlier our room would only be ready around 3pm we were able to check in immediately. Marcel shared her enthusiasm of the area and her smile was infectious. We got our keys and headed up to our room, number 10.

The room has a nice little balcony on which to sit and watch the red rocks from. Opening the sliding glass door we entered a large room which held two queen beds, a couch, two big chairs, a desk and a television. One door opened up upon the bathroom and another led in to the rooms stocked kitchen. The accommodations were very basic but immaculately clean and the room had a very comfy feel. The beds were a little to hard for my preference but my travelling companion found them quite comfortable, despite this I was still able to sleep well.

The motel is a much older building but maintenance has been handled wonderfully and everything works as expected. If you're looking for the homogenized hospitality offered by big chains this is not for you, but if you like me you like a place with personality this place has it in abundance.

One thing to note is the motel lobby only opens at 10am but there is a number to call if you need anything. I didn't need to avail myself of it but I was assured a prompt response if I needed it. Also Wi-Fi worked perfectly in our room and was really nice to have.

Room Tip: Number ten is the best room in the place in my opinion.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at Star Motel for 3 nights, based on Trip Advisor reviews. It is a great family owned motel, not fancy, but a nice clean room with a very helpful owner and staff. Our room had a fridge and microwave so we ate a couple of budget dinners out on their covered patio. The Wi-Fi worked well. It is located in the heart of Sedona so you can walk everywhere. The Star is a great value in pricey Sedona.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Awendaw, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel was in a very central spot to walk to all the attractions and restaurants in town. We didn't need the car at all to get around Sedona. The owner, Ann, was so very nice and accommodating. She gave great recommendations for what to see and go in a short time. Definitely visit Red Rock State Park, Jerome, AZ and Airport Mesa for sunset. All those were a blast and very memorable. There is a convenience store next door that has some snacks and drinks but more expensive than most stores. Bring in your supplies before you go there. There is no ice machine at the hotel and when i went to the store next door they charged me for a whole drink, almost 2.00, for the cup of ice. Anyway, location is amazing! rooms are a bit small but have all the amenities you need, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv, etc. This place comes very highly recommended from us!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Star Motel? Share your experiences!