“Don't be fooled, this place is fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Star Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Star Motel
You added Star Motel to your Saves list
295 Jordan Rd., Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
“Don't be fooled, this place is fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Anne welcomes u like family. She is helpful, friendly nd just fabulous. This little gem is super clean, nd conveniently located within walking distance of everything! If your looking for the snooty fancy glitz in Sedona, go somewhere else, this is not it! If your looking for gracious, real people, nd a super clean environment, just like home, then u will LOVE LOVE LOVE Star Motel!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We felt lucky to stumble upon this place while walking in uptown Sedona. Anne (the owner) was very friendly and gave us a lot of helpful information on things to do and places to stay, we really enjoyed chatting to her. She even spotted that we had a bottle of wine and provided us with wine glasses and an bottle opener!

Sedona is a very beautiful location (there is even an amazing view from the car park!) and we enjoyed 3 nights in this comfortable and very clean motel room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Litchfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Another trip to Sedona and what a trip it was! Once again Anne and Marcel made me feel at home. That alone is worth a lot! The rooms are clean and comfortable, plus it's the best value in Sedona for rooms. The location is fantastic and you can park your car and walk the town. Plus Anne will tell what to see and where to go, she really goes out of her way to help people. I spent 6 nights there and 6 nights in June. I can't think of any place I would rather stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Rooms are simple and basic, but very clean at what might be the best price in this part of Sedona. Anne (the owner) is very hospitable and welcoming. She gave me a lot of suggestions on places to see, eat etc. and they were indeed wonderful suggestions. Uptown Sedona (which is where this motel is located) is a nice little area to walk around, check out some incredible western clothing, and other boutiques. It is a bit touristy, but still very nice. Tlaqapaque Arts village, which is my favorite thing in Sedona, is only a 20 min pleasant walk away. Cowboy Club restaurant next door (recommended by Anne) has good food and drinks (loved the Sangria !). I had breakfast at Hitching Post restaurant, a nice little inexpensive diner, and it was great. There is also a walk-in, open to the public, meditation room at Peace Place, also right next door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

WOW...Yes awesome place.
Very clean.
Very comfortable.
Great location...parked my car right in front of room and walked everywhere after that.
Everyone is very nice, helpful and want to do whatever possible to make your stay the best!
I was there over Thanksgiving weekend, 4 nights.
Would never want to stay anywhere else!
Ever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
lulapineflat, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Hi MRBIZ,
I want to thank you for writing a review of The Star. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us more than once!
I hope to see you on your next visit to Sedona.
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I arrived late on the 6th of October, and Ann came out from her home to give me the key and welcome me, She had left a note on my door with her cell number.The room was clean, and welcoming....very comfortable!!! She had made sure I had a coffee pot waiting for me there!! I went on to the Grand Canyon on the 8th and was touring the state, enjoying the diversity of the nature and loving it! I changed my trip around a bit, and Ann was always very understanding of my date changes, and I spent my last two nights here on the 18th and 19th. I had a room behind the motel with my own little patio and it was very enjoyable!!! I will definitely come back to Sedona and in my mind, this is the ONLY place to stay. Everyone is so very nice, and the location is withing walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants in Uptown Sedona, making it very convienent for everything!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
lulapineflat, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
DLKS,
I was so nice to have you return to the Star at the end of your holiday and hear about your grand adventures. I am glad that we had a room for you. I look forward to your return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in the upstairs suite, Room 10 which allowed us to sit on the balcony and watch people strolling up and down the main thoroughfare. Of course, we strolled up and down ourselves. This suite has a well-stocked kitchen and lots of room to spread out and hang out. This was a quick trip, but we'd love to go back when we can stay a while!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a kitchen or room to spread out a little, room 10 is perfect and you get the...