“Afternoon Brew” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 153 Activities in Sedona
Type: Breweries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kraus family came to Sedona in 1993 with all their worldly goods and a dream, to brew great fresh beer the way Fred learned at the Gasthausbrauerei Hufeisen, or Horseshoe Brewery, in the picturesque village of Pottenstein, Germany. The dream became reality when they opened the doors of Oak Creek Brewing Co. in west Sedona. Known to locals and tourists alike as the place to enjoy delicious handcrafted brews in a relaxed, unique setting.
Columbia, MD USA
21 attraction reviews
“Afternoon Brew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We spent two Happy Hours at the brewery (not the restaurant). Enjoyed tasting the various brews (loved the Gold Ale, Nut Brown Ale and the Christmas Porter). Especially liked chatting with locals about the area. On our second visit we sat outside. Since it was cold there was a fire in the pit and we enjoyed chatting with whoever came by. Tuesday evenings are Drum Circle and Dancing evenings. We returned to enjoy the fabulous beats of the local drummers. Everyone - young, old, male, female - joined in and it was a great party. I'd recommend you try tasting Oak Creek Brews at the brewery. Fun place with great bar tenders and great beers. Very enjoyable!

Visited February 2013

Vancouver, Canada
124 attraction reviews
“Red Rocks, Brie & Rye, oh my!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you ever have the opportunity, I dare say privilege, of visiting this gem, please do yourself a favor and stop in. The food and service is fantastic!

We were greeted warmly by the hostess who was quite knowledgeable on the brewing methods done on site.(Me thinks she is the owner, perhaps?) She spoke of two unique winter beers, a mandarin wheat beer and a cherry-chocolate porter. Both were unbelievable! You must try one.

The food was better...if that is possible. I always order a Reuben if they have one and this place outdid itself both with the elegant marble rye and the leanest corned beef I had ever seen! Well done. My wife's burger have melted Brie on it and she could not finish it all...it was so big.

Service by Dave was excellent! Thanks for making our trip through Sedona that much better. He even helped us pronounce the name of the village where this brewery and other cool galleries are located. NOTE: The bathrooms here are very fine...both in design and cleanliness! You can tell the owners want only the best for their customers.

If we are ever by again, we will return...no doubt about it.

Visited December 2012
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
“Great food & chocolate martini's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

There was nothing I didn't like about the Oak Creek Brewery and have returned twice since our September visit. They had amazing fish and chips - and the chocolate martini is one of the best I've ever had. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff is very friendly. I also had a yummy hamburger on one visit! Really goood!

Visited September 2012
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Good place for lunch and a beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After a morning of hiking and looking around Sedona, this was a perfect place for a late lunch. My boyfriend loves breweries and beers and was not disappointed with his choices here. I have food allergies and they worked well with me to accommodate. Good food, good drinks, in a great Arizona town. highly recommend.

Visited November 2012
Astana, Kazakhstan
46 attraction reviews
“Good spot for a relaxing beverage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I went with my family after a day of hiking in mid-afternoon. The outdoor area was quiet and cool. We ordered some beers, one of which wasn't available in the retail outlets and restaurants. The beer was good quality and the service was friendly. They had a guitarist playing inside. It's not easy to see from the main road so don't be looking for any signs until you're right out front. This is not the location with the restaurant in the shopping area near the river. Best to go after dark and the have the outdoor firepit going.

Visited November 2012