“Just Visited and High Pressure” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Kestrel Circle, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maine
“Just Visited and High Pressure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

We were staying at a nearby timeshare resort and stopped in to see the Wyndham to determine if we would trade into it on our next trip to Sedona. We met a salesman who was stereotypical Timeshare Salesperson. He kept saying to us "let me be honest"....I wondered after awhile if he didn't say that phrase..... was he lieing?? The place is tired and we determined it would not be the class of place we would select.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
bedford, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our deluxe one bedroom condo. The jacuzzi tub was great, the deck was nice, Everything was roomy, bedroom, dining room and kitchen. The3 room was very clean, the grounds were nice. we did not have an opportunity to use the pool but it looked good too

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kensington, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I recently got back from a week in Sedona with my husband, my parents, and my brother. The hotel is in a beautiful location. Lots of good restaurants in the area. The hotel room had a washer and dryer which was very convenient. Beautiful pool!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

When my Wife and I checked in we were greated with a genuine and pleasent smile. The staff were very nice and gave us a room with a breathtaking view of the desert landscape. It was like a photo from Ansle Adams. WoW! Credit or Debit if you are going to Sedona make sure you stay here. I love Sedona and this was the third time I have stayed in Sedona and the first time at the Wyndham. I remember passing by it several times like when I did the pink jeep tour and thought hey they have a cool location. The westher was perfect the pool was great at the end of the day and there is nothing about this resort I didnt like. Oh yeah just a side note all the walking you will do in Sedona bring some fresh gatorade bottles or water with you. I usually leave the keys in the room when I check out of a place but I felt compelled to say something about how much we loved our stay so I checked out at the front desk. I notice a distinguished gentlemen behind the front desk clerk who smile and greeted us with the clerk and we asked if he was the manager and in fact he was. His name was Michael and he asked about our stay and how we enjoyed all of the wonders Sedona had to offer. I am always impressed when I manager takes the time to talk to you and lend a baby ear. This was no exception. Michael really impressed me and he I had to complicate him on his staff and his beautiful resort. Really complimented the whole trip for me. My wife and I left with a smile on our face and we will be back.
D.D.E

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

This place is centrally located in Sedona. Stay here if you want to have a kitchen and the conveniences of home. It's not a resort that has lots of entertainment and athletic facilities, but it does have much to offer. Most importantly, the rooms are big, nice and the people are super friendly. The service is outstanding.

In case you're worried, we were not harassed about going for a sales pitch. We volunteered and had a terrific "update" meeting from some delightful and helpful salespeople. You're not required, but they offer you incentives if you do. And from our experience here, we'll probably buy.

There are three grocery stores within a couple miles, so get a unit with a kitchen. If you go to Safeway, be sure to sign up for their Safeway card so you'll get the member discounts. We saved a lot of money by eating in. And we enjoyed the views from our unit.

The two bedroom units also have a washer/dryer, so you can clean your clothes from hiking, riding around in the red rocks. The master bathroom also has a jacuzzi.

There's a smallish pool, but it's well designed and maintained. The view is spectacular. You can sit at or in the pool and gaze at the red rocks and blue skies. Incredible.

They also have DVD rentals and flat screen TVs after the sun sets.

The concierge folks are very friendly and helpful. Be sure to go to Brian's presentation in American Indians. And the Sunday morning presentation from all the tour vendors. There's so much to do that you'll need at least two weeks.

Here are some great things we did:
-- West Grand Canyon and Skywalk -- took a plane ride across Sedona to the Grand Canyon. Took a helicopter to the bottom of the canyon and a boat on the Colorado River. Then took the helicopter back up and walked on the Skywalk glass bridge 4000 feet above the river. Incredible experience and well worth the $415 price.

-- Monument Valley Tour -- Be sure to use Red Stone Tours and ask for Brian. He's a Navajo and used to lecture at a university. Very informative. The trip is long (about 4 hours each way), but the view and experience are well worth it. We had lunch at the new hotel, The View.

-- Self Guided ATV -- We rented ATVs for half a day and wished we had rented them for the week. You see so much more by being up close and personal with the rocks.

-- Slide Rock -- Watch your step and get ready for cold water and bumps. But this is an amazing natural experience.

-- Sunrise/Sunset -- Be sure to take photos at sunrise and sunset. We picked a different set of rocks for each day.

We did much more and I could go on and on about this place. Your other choices are stuffy upscale places or the cheap motels. Why do that when you can have a beautiful condo in the heart of the city?

Have fun!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family and I travelled to Sedona on June 27, 2009 by flying in to Phoenix and renting a car to Sedona, about 1.5 hours away. We stayed at Wyndham Sedona as we are Wyndham vacation resort members. Wyndham Sedona is beautiful and the service was par excellence. Our balcony view afforded us with a grand view of the Red Rocks. The restaurants and grocery stores are very good in Sedona. We had planned to visit Utah and Las Vegas, perhaps, while we were there, but there are so many things to do in the Sedona area that we marked those off our schedule. While in Sedona we visited Grand Canyon (simply awesome), Oak Creek Canyon, Walnut Canyon, Slide Rock State Park, Verde Railroad at Clarkdale, Blazin M Ranch, Jerome (a very interesting old copper mining deserted town), and downtown Sedona. We had a great week there and a vacation I will not soon forget.

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

This was our first time in Sedona. We had a 2-bedroom/2 full baths end unit on the 2nd floor with a balcony overlooking a lumber yard, but the view from beyond was amazing -- mountains of red rock formations! The unit was very comfortable for a party of 5. It had all the amenities of home, in addition to an small island in the kitchen -- complete with kitchenware. The lobby was serviced with friendly staff, along with coffee and lemonade beverage corner, and an wi-fi area equipped with a computer. We asked about a tour of the vortex and the concierge service recommended the red rock jeep tours. It was an awesome tour with an awesome tour guide. Overall, the property was very nice with ample parking spaces. We enjoyed our stay at this facility and would come back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Sedona? Share your experiences!