“I think they have the best Mexican Food in Sedona.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 158 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Vegetarian, Native American
Good for: Families with children
Description: El Rincon Restaurant Mexicano offers “Arizona Style” Mexican cuisine - a blending of traditional Mexican with southwestern Navajo influences. Created in 1976, El Rincon is one of Sedona’s most recommended and visited restaurants. Having served over 3.5 million guests, El Rincon is loved by locals and tourists alike with many repeat visits the custom.El Rincon features:• “Arizona Style” Mexican Cuisine• World Famous Margaritas• Family Friendly Service• Indoor and Patio SeatingEl Rincon's favorite specialties are the hand rolled Chimichangas. Each one is hand rolled with sopapilla masa folded around your choice of beef, chicken, shrimp or chili and beans, then deep fried and served with your choice of red or green enchilada sauce, rice and beans or guacamole salad. For an added treat try our dessert Chimichangas: chocolate cherry, apple, peach, and more. Also try our Navajo Pizza made with sopapilla crust. The menu includes all your favorite traditional Mexican dishes such as, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, tamales and chili rellenos. We use local grown all natural ingredients made fresh daily, free range chicken and beef, no preservatives, no lard ever!El Rincon’s Margaritas are famous too. “It’s the homemade sweet & sour that makes them so good,” says Demetrio Wagner, founder and owner. “Just add your favorite tequila,” added Demetrio. Popular flavors include prickly pear, strawberry, peach, jalapeño, and coconut.El Rincon's open lunch and dinner, seating first come, first served for lunch with reservations accepted for dinner starting at 5 pm.El Rincon is complemented by the exceptional amenities of Tlaquepaque Village, including art galleries, jewelry shops, picturesque hallways, colorful flowers, and giant sycamore trees with enchanting courtyards.
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
“I think they have the best Mexican Food in Sedona.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I love El Rincon, the atmosphere is outstanding and the staff are very attentive. The food is served as ordered and is always just what I ordered. The quality of the food really impressed me and I continue to enjoy my regular trips to this fun restaurant.

Visited May 2012

cape cod massachusetts
“Mexican theme playing Sunday jazz,,!,,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ok looked like a romantic Mexican night, food average, service not well trained, decor was great but they played jazz all diner spoiling any Mexican mood

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix Arizona
“Very nice setting, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had lunch and sat on the patio, which is very nice. The guacamole was delicious and the salsa that came with the chips was fresh and quite spicy. We had a very professional and prompt waitress. The food was average. I had the sampler plate ($16.00) and my friend had the chicimangas ($15.00). The platters were enormous and the food was good, but only average as Mexican restaurants go. I've had better and worse. The setting and I'm sure the rent drives the prices as it is a very nice setting and in a lovely area.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“You're kidding”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I were on a bit of a road trip, headed for Nevada. We stopped in Sedona and wanted to try some mexican food.

Found El Rincon .. very nice location, great looking place to dine. We really had some high hopes seeing the place.

Inside had a nice decor and there was also seating outside.

THe chips and salsa were ok .. salsa really had some heat.

We both ordered the chicken chimichangas .. I have no idea what we got but the chimichanga looked like a thick wrap of dough like what you would see in a chinese restaurant on a chicken ball. The thing was absolutely tasteless. It was so bad I could not eat it and my wife could not eat hers.

The rice and refried beans both had a kind of watered down taste .. couldn't eat this either. My wife had the salad which she said was average at best. Couple of bites and left the rest.

This is mexican food ... you have to be kidding. We've eaten in many mexican restaurants in North America. This place ranks in the two worst places we have dined.

We are both very familiar with good mexican food as a close friend is from Mexico and is a chef. What he cooks I have never experienced in any mexican restaurant. Nothing compares to this but I don't rate the restaurants with what he makes. If we did I would never eat at a mexican restaurant but this place was just tasteless food...

Not a restaurant I would ever consider gong back to.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We chose this place as a second choice because Elote had an excessive wait and we were hungry. We were very pleased with our choice. Our server was attentive and helpful with regard to gluten free items. My wife enjoyed her prickly pear margarita. The chimichanga and tamale were fantastic, especially with the green chile sauce. Prices were reasonable and atmosphere was better than average for a high end Mexican place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food