“Exceeded My High Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Exceeded My High Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was my girlfriend and I's first trip together, and everything about the hotel from the amazing room, to the massages, to the restaurant (their hummus and other apps are unbelievable) exceeded my already high expectations. I stay in a lot of nice hotels, and this was hands down the nicest hotel I've stayed in. If you have time visit the spa. It's so nice and relaxing and they have a ton of options for both men and women. Definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone taking a vacation to Sedona!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Spa Suites, very spacious and nice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Morristown, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I really liked my room here. The decor was well done, there was a fireplace in my room, and the bathroom was spacious. It was all clean & the bed was comfortable. I ordered room service & enjoyed the good, basic food. I asked for a quiet room & the staff made sure I got that. It really was the stay that I asked for and was happy with that.
I will share that the photos make it look nicer than it is & the location although convenient is right on the road and next to a shopping center. I was planning on trying the spa, but once I got here opted to get a massage in town at the Sedona Story (great, btw). I didn't actually go into the spa, so have no review. But just from the feel of the hotel, decided to look elsewhere.
I would come back here if the rate was good- again, it met my expectations, but is not a luxury hotel as it looks in some photos.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Fairmont, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my first trip to Sedona and i wanted to stay in a hotel that offered a gym and restaurant. The Sedona Rouge did that. The gym was small but had what I needed. The restaurant was nice, good food, a little pricy, with excellent service. I was by myself and didn't require a great deal so it all worked for me. I liked the hotel as it was authentic to the area rather than a chain. The staff was accommodating and I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent in all areas of service! The Staff were extremely helpul and accommodating.
The winter rates are fabulous for the service and accommodations provided.
I look forward to coming back to Sedona and The Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in 2 rooms as we decided to stay a second night. 1st night we had a 3rd floor room with a fireplace. It had a small balcony with a partial view of the red rocks. The beds were comfy, the room clean and quiet, a big walk in shower and a decent amount of space. The fireplace along with the sound of the courtyard fountains was relaxing. We had drinks and a tasty appetizer at Reds which had a good vibe (perhaps due to a singer performing that night who was really good - not sure if that is always the case). Second night we stayed on the 2nd floor on the other side of the hotel in a standard room. This room was almost the same but didn't have a view of the red rocks or a fireplace. No big deal to us. The only down side was that you could hear people opening and closing their doors. Breakfast was not that great so I would skip it. Overall the hotel had a contemporary atmosphere with airy, open community space and a roof deck with a fire out. We would definitely stay again if we go back to Sedona.

• Stayed January 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed here many times and never with a regret in sight. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and luxurious with many details you don't see in most hotels, like matching desk accessories and trash cans and art pieces. You feel like you are actually staying in someone's luxury guest suite that they personally customized. the resort is somewhat compact which is a real plus, actually, putting you always close to the pool, the spa, and Reds, the awesome restaurant - also not to mention the fact that it has such a great central location in town. If you are looking to get away on a large property with golf, huge pool, and spread out, this is not that place. Speaking of the Spa, It is second to none. OMG, I love the spa. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs, so many great services and treatments and the vibe is so warm, welcoming, and totally zen. There is a very friendly and welcoming spirit in this place and the service is par with that of a 4 seasons. The customer is king.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Terrible location and daily resort fee are ridiculous. This hotel was not what I expected from the pictures online. The hotel was not crowded so you would think they could have put me in a room other than one over looking the Safeway parking lot. Not impressed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to write about your experience. I would like to look into your stay and booking.
Please call me 928 203 4111 and or email @ econway@sedonarouge.com