“wonderful atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Tucson, AZ
“wonderful atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

The atmosphere was beautiful and very relaxing. Service was excellent. Our appetizer special was wonderful (grilled peach wrapped in basil and applewood smoked bacon). My food (shrimp and scallops) was above average and my husband's veal was excellent. There were some dishes that were very original and had a southwest flair to the the italian cuisine that I thought was very interesting. The addition of chile to the olive oil bread dipping sauce was especially nice.

Virginia
“My favorite restaurant in Sedona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

This was by far, my favorite restaurant in Sedona! Our bed and breakfast hostess, Grace (Owner of Grace's Secret Garden - another great place!) recommended it. My husband and I have both enjoyed italian food all over Italy and this is just as wonderful as the food there! The pastas are home made and fresh tasting. The grilled artichoke appetizer was delicious and the atmosphere is romantic and comfortable. We were in the garden room which had a star lit ceiling. The service was great and we raved about it for months following.

Broomfield, Colorado
“Our best dinner in Sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

We enjoyed Cucina Rustica, we showed up an hour early for our reservations, not realizing the time change. They promptly seated us anyway, on the patio,which was very nice. We had a dinner salad, 2 entrees,and cocktails. Everything was very good, and the service was attentive. I especially liked the olive oil dipping sauce with chilis.

TX
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

Definitely superior, creative menu and preparation. Nice decor, the outside dining experience should be excellent after it cools some. Inside the tables were a bit close together but there is some entertainment value tuning into what other tables are discussing. Service was just a bit short of exceptional - a step or two slow on occasion and when rattling off the specials price was not mentioned. I noticed another server (see note above re proximity) did rattle off prices - now I know I can ask (we wound up not getting the specials anyway) but its one of my pet irritants.

The almond torte we got for dessert was something truely unique although what was advertised as gelato sure seemed a whole lot like ice cream. Coffee was average.

hilton head
“Very good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

We ate here in May, 2008. We were taken to a back room which was so dark, we had a lot of trouble reading the menus. I don't mean just romantic lighting, but near darkness with a candle that was virtually useless for reading They should provide those little flashlights if they insist on keeping it that dark. The food, however, was very good. The bread was excellent and we both had salads and then pasta. Mine was spicey but very, very good. We remember the restaurant as being somewhat pricey but not that unusual for a quality restaurant.