“WOW! What a steal!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
“WOW! What a steal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of different places in Sedona, but never have I had a room as nice as this one for around $100 per night. Room 101 is a King Room with a View (debatable) and Spa Tub. This room is unique in that it is private (well except it is on the ground floor and next to the parking lot). This corner room is separated from the rest by the stairwell, which I barley heard any noise) and there is not a room above.

This place may not look that great from the outside, but the room was incredible. Little dining nook on one side of the king bed, a large chair and ottoman on the other side with a small nightstand between the bed and the chair. Dresser with a flat screen TV. Giant fridge with a separate freezer (not the typical 'bar' fridge/freezer) and a microwave on top. The bath area was nice with double sinks, spa tub AND separate shower. The 'water closet' is by itself in a rather large room (ADA compliant). Two closets as well. Electric "Fireplace" which is nice as it is very quiet but does provide warmth though did not really use it much during my trip. I just ran the fan on the HVAC unit. This is where I would have preferred an upstairs room, so I could have the window open and get some fresh air. Like that the lamp on the nightstand and dresser both had electrical plugs in them, handy for charging my phone and tablet (and not on the floor like the last place I was at).

The location is away from town but not that far. The outlet malls are right next-door, though I didn't venture over there. There is a gas station and food store (also I think a Subway) across Cortez Drive which is nice and handy. Uptown Sedona is about a 10 minute drive up AZ 179 and very beautiful drive at that. Some of the best views of the Red Rocks can be seen along AZ 179. On the subject of views, this room had more of a view of the parking lot and surrounding neighbourhood, than the "Red Rocks". Part of it I think is being a ground floor room, may have been better views from upstairs. Also, I've been spoiled by staying at Cedar's a few years back Didn't much matter to me though, just wanted a clean, quiet and comfortable room.

The bed was nice, not overly too hard, not too soft. No perfume smell from the detergent. Wi-Fi I had heard was not so great. It worked for, me but then all I was using it for was to check email and message boards on my tablet. The room was very clean, EXCEPT the chair. I happened to reach down between the cushion and the chair and found a couple inks pens, a penny and not sure what else. It would take more than a couple minutes for housekeeping to pop off the cousin and vacuum the chair.

Should I return again to this property (I rarely stay at the same place in Sedona more than once, with the exception of The Lodge at Sedona), I'll just do a regular King room (provided those are available upstairs). The spa tub was nice, but I could do without and would have preferred a Roman/Garden tub (which I have at home). Again, location was nice, the staff was great and helpful. I didn't do the breakfast, but then I usually don't (with the exception of The Lodge at Sedona).

Room Tip: Room 101, King Spa Room is semi-private with no room above, behind or on either side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Mosinee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's easy to see how this hotel was named with the beautiful Red Rock Formations all around. As we entered the lobby the desk clerk greeted us with a smile and a warm welcome. We were quickly checked in and he pointed out on a map the locations of several area restaurants. As we entered our room, we were impressed with how spacious, clean and well maintained it was. There were ample outlets next to the bed to charge our computer, kindles and phones. The view out our window was phenomenal! The Sedona area is some of the most beautiful in the state. The hotel is about a mile from downtown Sedona so it is nice and quite. The room rate was remarkable. We paid much more for rooms which were nowhere near as nice. We highly recommend staying at The Views Inn.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Coogee, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Views Inn (2nd floor king room with red rock views), and were very happy with our stay, including the reasonable rate. This is not a resort hotel, but it is a comfortable, modern, clean hotel with spacious rooms and nice breakfast included (juice,coffee,toast,boiled eggs,yoghurt,fruit,etc). The king room had a comfortable bed, nice bedding, table with 2 chairs, large vanity basin area outside the bathroom, plenty of space for gear, fridge and microwave etc, and opening windows for fresh air. My partner thought the fridge was a bit loud, but I didn't notice that. The view of Bell Rock was nice to look out on. The pool and hot tub area was pleasant, and not many guests seemed to use it. Only thing we missed was not having a balcony so we could sit outside (the balcony was the general walkway past all the rooms). We were able to leave the car at the hotel and do the Bell Rock and Courthouse walks. There is a supermarket close by and various eating places, plus Sedona town is just a short drive away.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs king room with red rock views...all good!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
boulder, co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect as I didn't make the reservation, but I was pleasantly surprised by this motel. Certainly, nothing special or overly memorable from a room point of view, but it was clean and fairly modern, comfortable and had all we needed for an overnight stay. Bathroom was small but sufficient. Staff were lovely and the location is great, with beautiful views of Bells Rock Vortex and others.... includes a simple continental breakfast and there is also a good bakery/cafe across the road (which offers GF and non dairy options, such as almond milk). Very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, on the top floor, if you don't mind carrying your bag/s up a flight...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Strongsville OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a small unassuming place with great prices and even better location! Clean, comfortable and Isabel was the best! We will return! Nothing much for the free breakfast but we didn't expect much. It was plenty good enough. The view is spectacular.

Stayed March 2013
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Sedona; we would decide whether to return later. The Views is located at the south end of Sedona, very convenient. The staff was very accommodating, giving us the handicapped room we needed, plus additional blankets and towels. The room seemed recently painted and carpeted, spacious enough for a mobility device. It had grab bars, a bath seat, and was smoke-free. Close the great shopping, restaurants, gas and tourist info - I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Expected more-just average. Nothing really special-straight forward character, no built in closet, two drawer dresser (1 dresser didn't pull out fully) bathroom light and vent on same switch. Cold breakfast. Corner location. Motel located outside of Downtown, West, Cottonwood Sedona.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Views Inn Sedona? Share your experiences!