“Best Place Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Millersville, Maryland
“Best Place Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My 13-year-old titled this review, but the whole family agrees. It was amazing, worth every penny, and we can't wait to go back.

Don't let the sub-par photos on their website fool you. It is impossible to show how lovely the grounds are in the photos, and the themed decor can read a bit cheesy from the website, but it isn't. It's perfect!

We stayed in the Wagon Wheel room and the details, as mentioned by other reviewers, are wonderful. When we checked in there were complimentary beverages and a delicious appetizer in the lobby, and were given a tour. Our room was filled with the smell of fresh-baked bread...because there was a loaf of freshly-baked bread waiting for us in the bread maker in our little kitchen! We had bread every day of our stay. In the evening we would send our kids to the lobby to get enough hot cookies for the family.

The kitchen in our room was well-equipped with dishes, cutlery, etc., and had a basket of free snacks as well as flavored creamer and butter in the fridge. These details just made the stay so very wonderful. The bathroom had Aveda products and we enjoyed the water-pump shower and the fireplace near the bathtub.

The chef is unreal and the food is outrageous. We had breakfast delivered to our villa (no additional charge) and dined out on our patio, enjoying scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and balsamic vinegar asparagus one morning and bananas foster french toast with sausage another morning.

The pool is small but nicely landscaped and has an adjacent hot tub. Little touches like a fridge of help-yourself bottled water and real beach towels instead of just regular white towels made it feel comfy and homey.

To top it off, the staff was super-friendly, helpful, but stayed out of your way so you could have a nice, quiet vacation. My husband and I took our three boys, ages 6, 11 and 13, and this stay was a highlight of a week-long trip from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon to Phoenix.

The sign for the property is very small and easy to miss, so it might be hard to find if you aren't paying attention. The sign is lit in the evening and easier to see. I saw some reviewers remarked that there was no view. I did not even notice the lack of the view. I was too busy soaking in the wonderful things Adobe Grand had to offer.

Room Tip: The Wagon Wheel room easily slept five people, with a King, a murphy bed, and room for a camping cot...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a lovely stay at Adobe Grand Villas in September 2013 during our honeymoon. The owners left us a welcome gift and balloons to celebrate the occasion for us. The best part of the experience was the room itself which was truly incredible. The bathroom and jet tub is heavenly. We also loved the kitchenette (dined in one night) and the fresh daily bread. The pool area was gorgeous. Lots of flowers and greens everywhere. Breakfast was fantastic too.

We also did the private dinner in the main house which was excellent (although way too much food!).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This was just a quick escape for us for a special occasion. We stayed in the White Dove room, billed as the best view. The view was pleasant, but not as expansive as one might believe from the photos.
That being said, the hotel is absolutely lovely. Flowers abound, there is clear attention to detail, and the hospitality of the staff was outstanding. Breakfast varied from good to excellent with fresh squeezed OJ and all fresh ingredients.
For dinner out, we really enjoyed "Relics". It's a moderate walk (although we drove since it was raining).
All in all, we'll be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place, we stayed in the Wagon Wheel room and our boys , 11 and 9, were beyond themselves with excitement, they literally couldn't believe it. The attention to detail is incredible, we spent the entire 3 day stay spotting new details in our room. The place is small and has a very homely feel with great breakfast, evening canapés etc,

As a family we have travelled extensively around the world and stayed in many many hotels, the stay at the Adobe Grand villas was one of the best.

My only slight criticism is the location, it's tucked away behind some industrial type buildings and it is a drive away from the main town of Sedona, but once you are in the property you forget about this and enjoy the red rock views and lovely grounds.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed in the Whispering Pines Villa for one night. The room was amazing with so many attention to details. They have a bread maker in the room with freshly baked bread in it waiting for you as well as many other snacks and beverages all complimentary. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool area which all was very private, and we were the only ones in it the evening of our stay on a Monday night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; both my husband and I had surprises for one another which included the Inn receiving packages and placing them in our villa which they willingly did. The breakfast was very tasty, although not as gourmet as we've experienced at other B&Bs (eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, croissant). This doesn't take away from the experience however, the room was just so amazing! Easily the nicest place we've stayed. Thanks so much Adobe Grand Villas!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is the very best B&B in all of Sedona. The rooms are large, immaculate and very comfortable. The breakfasts are gourmet and delicious. Sam and Irith, the innkeepers, are friendly, knowledgeable and make you feel like family. The grounds of Sedona Views are fabulous and lend a very peaceful and relaxing element to your stay.I just had my third stay here, and will go back over and over again. All in all, I could not give a higher review than I have. You cannot go wrong with this choice. iI is truly memorable.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had seen Adobe Grand Villas several years before I visited Sedona, but they were so stunning that I saved them in "my favorites" to insure I'd stay one day. We stayed over New Year's and had the best time! We stayed in the Italian and French Villas.....and loved them equally! As I took a hot bath next to a fireplace in my Villa, I felt like a queen! Seriously! I'm not joking :) The French Chef (can't recall her name) was delightful and such a talented chef. We couldn't wait to wake up and have her breakfast. Everyone that worked at AGV's was very friendly and welcoming. I think they know they work somewhere very special, and it seems as though they treat it as their own place. The pictures on their website says it all! I chose AGV over the larger resorts because I wanted to be away from the masses. Besides AGV, the hikes in and around Sedona were breathtaking and spiritual! I never thought Arizona would be that beautiful (considering I'm a beach girl). Sedona was the perfect destination during the winter. We were able to have sunshine during the day....yet could take a short drive to see snow, AND the Grand Canyon! WE highly recommend Adobe Grand Villas. They certainly deserve any awards they receive. (PS: every linen, bathrobe and towels all smelled divine as if you were in an English Garden. I loved the chocolate and fresh baked bread that was provided daily. What a charming and thoughtful touch. ) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Room Tip: WE loved the Italian and French Villas! I would chose those the next time....or possibly the Englis...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Adobe Grand Villas? Share your experiences!