“OLD FASHION QUALITY.....but missed the mark” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Southwestern, Continental
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sedona Restaurant RENE at Tlaquepaque has been the home of casual fine dining for more then thirty five years and is still winning awards. Diners appreciate the relaxed fine dining ambiance, attentive and pleasant service, and of course, outstanding food and wines. Locals, tourists and celebrities have made RENE a favorite for lunch and dinner. Make your visit to Sedona special ... Dine with us at RENE, fine food in casual elegant surroundings in Tlaquepaque
Mentone, California
“OLD FASHION QUALITY.....but missed the mark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My sister from New Jersey and her two daughters and a new granddaughtger visited SEDONA. My wife and I drove over from California for a one night visit. The girls picked RENE. We met at the restaurant at 6:30 on Sunday evening July 21. It was not busy and we were seated at a beautiful table and John was our server, who did an outstanding job all evening. Drink orders were taken and a nice family visit occurred while we all looked at the extensive and expensive menu.

Orders were taken, while new customers poored into the restaurant all at once. This fresh group of patrons must have overloaded the staff as we waited for over 35 minutes for our meals to arrive. My wife ordered their special True Dover Sole at $41. I had the Seared Scallops at $29. My scallops were excellent, but the TRUE DOVER SOLE was not that ''true'' My sister and daughters at our table enjoyed their meals, but we all commented how the rice was cold.

My wife and I have eaten at RENE many times back in the 1980's and 90's. And I am aware of the awards received over the years and all well deserved I am sure. This was just not one of those nights for 5 star ratings.

I am handicaped and use a electric scooter. All was well the entire evening, until when we left I could not access the restoom. SORRY, in this day of ADA Accessibilty, especially in a hig $$$ area like SEDONA, it is inexcusible to not have HANDICAPPED TOILETS.

RENE needs to get into the 21st century, and spend some money on upgrades.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cottonwood, Arizona
“Loved Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have to say first of all that I do have a flare for the exotic and so the menu here seemed a little exotic and decided to give it a go. I loved everything. The food and wine list were amazing. I had great service and the ambiance was perfectly romantic. Could see this as a great place for a marriage proposal. It really just is that quaint!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“So so experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I hate to disagree with others but I found this restaurant hardly worth the visit. Although the wait staff was very attentive--most of the time--and loved the wine list, I found the menu out dated. Salads were over dressed and my spaghetti squash primavera was so unappetizing I returned it to the kitchen. The decor was lovely and I can see that it would be a lovely venue for a romantic dinner. If only the food were better!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Great place to eat upperscale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent service, 1a quality, superb wine list, I recommend to take a "flight" of 3-5 red wine glasses. Bill is the value worth. Will come again, when in the area.

Visited July 2013
Sedona, Arizona
“Sophisticated and Charming: A Delight for all if the Senses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am a local who eats out frequently. Rene's is a very special treat! My fondest memory was the time my boyfriend and I enjoyed a romantic evening dinner to celebrate my birthday. The ambience was as inviting and romantic as can be-from the low lighting, candles, cozy booth (we sat next to each other) and the exquiste and talented Linda Sandavol on piano serenading the crowd. The presentation of the food was equal in perfection to the taste. Loved, loved, loved the mushroom appetizer! Oh! and the free birthday chocolate dessert they offered me was terrific! Michael, our server was friendly, professional and attentive. Today we are going back to enjoy the new light lunch menu. Can't wait! Maybe we will get to sit outside and enjoy the patio and people watching. Rene's doesn't rock-it's too classy for that-it SOARS!

• Visited March 2013