“Almost perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 153 restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 89A
Picture Rocks, AZ
“Almost perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My fiance and I spent our Christmas holiday in Oak Creek Canyon near Sedona. Despite the upscale pretension of Sedona, there is a dearth of good food, especially on Christmas Day. We actually considered driving to the El Tovar Hotel at Grand Canyon where we had an excellent meal last Christmas, but driving conditions precluded that. So we opted for L'Auberge, despite the exorbitant price; $95 per person for dinner plus $55 per person for wine pairing.

We don't regret it for a minute. The location is beautiful and the food was delicious and artfully presented. The service was almost impeccable; the one oversight was my empty water glass at the end of the meal.

The reason for the "almost" perfect review was the fact that when I ordered a cup of coffee at the end of the meal it was simply awful plus it was billed at an additional $4.00. After paying $150 for a meal I don't think an after dinner cup of coffee should be extra charge. To their credit, the staff brewed up more coffee which was almost as good as what I make, but the extra charge remained.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
NYC
“Beautiful accommodations good location good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for couples w/o children. The food is great and the room (we stayed in room #98 in vista suite) nicole at the fromt desk is wonderful and very helpful. Also we took the pink jeep tour to Gramd Canyon...$125 plus tax and gratuity(15%) the truck picked us up at 7am and dropped us back off at 6pm wayyy tooo loomg for me! Easy enough to do on your own if u have a car. The scenery is gorg but very cold this time of year!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Lyme, Connecticut
“New Year's Eve was lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I, along with our two young children, enjoyed a wonderful dinner on New Year's Eve. The staff was very interested in accomodating my kids and making sure that they felt comfortable. The tasting menu prepared by the chef was excellent and the wine pairing also was perfect with each course. This was not an inexpensive dinner so if you are planning a visit be prepared to fork out a lot of money however it was worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Awesome New Year's Eve dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This dinner, coupled with the Chef's wine pairings and great service, was remarkable. We have never been disappointed with the food and service here so our expectations were high, only to be exceeded once again. We can't wait to come back.

Lambertville, New Jersey
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I expected this romantic fine dining establishment to be the highlight of our trip to Sedona. While we had some very nice parts to the dinner, my entree -- the vegetarian Pappardelle -- was a disappointment -- no taste at all. Our server was generous and poured us a nice glass of wine to make up for the poor food, and although that was nice and the service wonderful, it was surprising to have something so tasteless. I have read elsewhere on the site that there is a new chef. He may have some kinks to work out. My appetizer -- the crab crepe was good. My husband did enjoy his pork chops and the desserts were good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere