“Gluten-free Pizza Here” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 158 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: 8/6/13 - Trip Advisor has combined an out-of-business Mexican restaurant reviews with Pisa Lisa Reviews. We are attempting to get TA to remove their reviews. Pisa Lisa does not serve mexican food and we are a new establishment.Pisa Lisa is a casual and vibrant experience. Gourmet decadent style pizzas are served to you hot from our wood fired pizza oven. The deli case features signature salads, panini's, and desserts. All great for dining in or a delicious night at home. Pisa Lisa has something for everyone in the family not to mention Sports on TV's, wonderful wines and beers - all in a hip casual environment at a convenient location. We look forward to your visit! - Love Lisa
Sedona, Arizona
“Gluten-free Pizza Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Brought a friend here for a birthday lunch and I was pleasantly surprised to discover I would be able to enjoy a gluten-free pizza, while others had regular pizza. On both pizzas, there is the "mother sauce" and very fresh toppings, especially the mozzarella cheese! Next time I need to plan to bring more pizza home so I can enjoy one of a couple of gluten-free desserts.
Hard to believe this establishment is a renovated Pizza Hut. The decor, music, TV, even into the bathroom, all was very well planned and comfortable for indoor or outdoor seating. Service was great, we will be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisa D, Owner at Pisa Lisa, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Mary,
Thank you for taking time to post your experience at Pisa Lisa and for bringing a friend. We love Pisa Lisa and making wonderful food with fresh ingredients. Thank you! Lisa

Santa Cruz, California
“Excellent pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

OMG I love love love this pizza! It's thin crust and creative toppings. Absolutely cannot get enough. I actually ate there 3 days in a row, tried something different each time and was never dissapointed! Great service too!

Visited December 2013
Arizona
“Really Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

What can I say that previous reviewers haven’t already said?

We really liked Pisa Lisa. The service was really good as was the food.

We shared a salad, Mezzo Extremo, an antipasto delight that we’d order again and again. The pizza was great, a crispy thin crust and good sauce with plenty of meat topping. We each had a glass of an excellent Pinot Grigio. After going here we almost cancelled our dinner plans for the next evening.

Dessert… Dessert was called Affogato and as the menu says, a decadent hazelnut gelato drowned in espresso that was wonderful. That alone is reason to return.

We go to Sedona a couple of times a year and Pisa Lisa is now on our, return to, list.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Friendly, entertaining and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Creative pizza at a reasonable price what more can you ask for, nothing in my book. We stopped at several high cost classy places but the energy did not feel right. We went into Pisa Lisa and thought maybe this is too far the opposite scale and then looked at the menu. The prices were not cheap pizza but not as pricey as some of the otters. The food was excellent and the waiter very informative and took time to share experience and information about Sedona. Worth the visit for the food.

Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Brick Oven Pizza and Mediterranean Appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I enjoyed lunch at this place. The 3 of us shared a pizza, the hummus + tabouli appetizer and the trio of crostini. Everything was good.

The pizza had a good crispy thin crust and did not get soggy. It had a small amount of sauce and a small amount of cheese, which is the way I like it. The ingredient tasted fresh and good.

The hummus was good, and so was the tabouli. I rarely order tabouli at restaurants, because it is often too acidic (probably because of non-fresh parsley, or non-fresh lemon juice), but the tabouli here was not acidic at all. It just tasted fresh and light. The hummus plate only came with two pieces of focaccia at the beginning, but then the waiter brought more of his initiative, without us having to ask, which was good. The plate also had two grape leaves, which were better than what I get in most places.

I liked the crostini as well. The artichoke-chevre-truffle were pretty good, in particular.

I was a tad upset that my waiter waited too long to bring our espresso and it arrived cold, but no big deal. Also watch out that they charge 2 espressos if you order a double, also not a big deal.

I will certainly come back.

• Visited December 2013