“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 153 restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Wine Bar
Description: Amazing Sedona Views, Food, Fun and Music. Serving all natural hand cut Steaks, Fresh Fish and Organic products. Late Night Dining, Happy Hour and Wine Tasting Fine Wine and Fine Entertainment-the Best Sedona has to offer.
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very nice place, great outside seating. The service was good as was the food. Although they would not allow me to bring in a bottle of water I was drinking. I thought this was very strange. They have live music later in the evening and a nice bar.

84% Recommend
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Good food, great music and great atmosphere, but.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am writing this review as I am here in Sedona on vacation for seven days. I arrived on the evening of Wednesday, October 2nd and no restaurants were open except Sound Bites Grill, which sits near the Hyatt Hotel. I was greeted kindly, sat at the bar and ordered dinner. I ordered the ribs, broccoli and a glass of wine. I chatted with the young lady behind the bar because the place was empty. She was very pleasant and we shared stories about the east coast and moving to Arizona. I also chatted with a gentleman, who I forgot his name, but he wore glasses and his hair was pulled back. He shared with me that the restaurant was trying to offer a night life by having live music since Sedona closes down around 9 pm. I told him I would be back and would eventually come listen to music before I left.

On Friday, October 4th, I ventured over to Sound Bites Grill again, sat at the bar, ordered dinner and a drink. This night they had a special musical event, JJ Sansaverin w/special guest Vivian Sessoms and there was a cover charge $15 advance/$20 day of event. As I sat and listened to the music, I asked the gentlemen who I was previously speaking to if that group was coming back and he said No, but there was another group playing Saturday night. I asked him was there a cover charge, he stated No. I then asked if I needed to make reservations just in case it got crowded. He took my name, put me on the reservations list and I left.

Today, October 5th, I arrived at 7:30 pm ready to hear the band, John Chavez and the Juke Rockers. Prior to being seated, I bought a glass of wine and waited at the bar. Once seated, I sipped on my glass of wine and settled in for some good music. Then, I was approached by a waiter stating that the manager stated that I needed to order off the menu or I would have to pay a cover charge. I stated that I was told that there was no cover charge and requested to speak with the guy I previously spoke to. He came over, apologized and remembered that he told me there was no cover charge and that I didn't have to order anything. However, as I sat there, many staff members and the manager passed by watching me to the point I felt so guilty and I finally ordered some Edamame.

My point is there was nothing on their flyer stating a cover charge for the show and ironically when I left I noticed a flip board showing the event and at the bottom stating there was no cover charge if your ordered dinner. This board was not outside the door when I arrived. So, if you visit this restaurant, enjoy the food and atmosphere, but be careful around when they offer a cover charge for the live events.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, great service, even better views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I got married in Sedona in September, and we chose to have a group of about 25 of us meet at Sound Bites for a celebration gathering, and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

The management at Sound a Bites was outstanding by going the extra step in every way to make our visit exceptional. They allowed us to order off the menu and ensured us they that would be staffed to handle our group. The wait staff was very professional, very friendly, and made sure we were well taken care of.

I asked most everyone in our group how the food was, and got back nothing but positive comments. I had the lamb osso buco, which was delicious. Fall off the bone tender, with a tasty sauce over garlic mashed potatoes.

The menu will have something for everyone, the views of Sedona's red rocks may be the best from any restaurant in Sedona, and the wait staff and management will make sure you have a top notch experience.

My wife and I will always appreciate the fabulous evening we spent at Sound Bites, and will be back the next time we're up in Sedona.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Nice restaurant for a relaxing evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food was very good and the atmosphere very relaxing. Nice entertainment (live music). I would definitely return and recommend

• Visited October 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Great Eats - Awesome Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have stopped in a few times over the last year for 'dinner and a show' and the food has been consistently yummy. Pricey? possibly but you get what you pay for. I have enjoyed their Rib's, Salads and Pasta. Being a music enthusist I especially enjoyed viewing the various instruments in their 'Guitar Gallery'. They showcase some professional guitars signed by world famous artists and had some guitars that were painted I believe by local artists. Quality entertainment - equiste views of gorgeous red rocks from a very nice balcony and I have to say that it's hard to put a price on the extra's I enjoyed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere